1 (edited by CrashtimeHD 2017-02-15 01:34:30)

Topic: Texturescaling /-rendering bug

Hey,
I'm a DDRace player and have noticed a texture bug which I thought was normal till I started mapping with an other guy and we designed our map. The end of the story: I found out that my teeworlds shows/renders the game different then the teeworlds of my mate. (the map is not on the screenshots, its just a map to show the bug)

PunBB bbcode test
Here you can see actually a grid around some tiles under the plant in the upper right and in the water. You can see also that the textures are a bit blurry.

PunBB bbcode test
With one stepped zoomed in you can see that the grid is not visible and the textures are sharp (atleast sharper, don't know if they are still blurry compared to a bugless teeworlds)

these are some lines of my settings.cfq (ignore a line if its not part of vanilla teeworlds):

gfx_texture_compression 0
gfx_high_detail 1
gfx_texture_quality 1
gfx_fsaa_samples 16

Edit: Have a look at the pictures in fullscreen, otherwise it's not that obvious.

Re: Texturescaling /-rendering bug

I think that the problem is the Anti-Aliasing...
Perhaps need use the tool for "border-fix" textures: https://ddnet.tw/downloads/

Perhaps i'm wrong... wait for better help big_smile

This has been discussed somewhere else a few times. There are few key fixes regarding graphics on the DDNet client.

4 (edited by CrashtimeHD 2017-02-15 15:34:39)

@Pathos Would you mind to link those?
Edit: [SOLVED] Blurry graphics This one doesn't fit since I'm able to see the full texturequality when zoomed in.

Had a look at it with Anti-Aliasing turned off but it still exists.
Also found out that the bug still exists at one step zoomed in when I change gfx_texture_quality to 0.

Edit: I think there is no need to use borderfix since it's a mapres which is used in many ddrace maps and extracted from one.

I supposed my teeworlds client act like that:
at normal zoom renders as gfx_texture_quality 0.
at one step zoomed in image quality depends on value of gfx_texture_quality.

Here are some screenshots which led me to that conclusion.
PunBB bbcode test
The grid isnt visible everyime and if visible then at other spot. thats why its not in the water on this screenshot.

PunBB bbcode test
With gfx_texture_quality 0 the quality of textures is the same as the normal zoom and the grid is till visible.