1 (edited by Neox 2016-10-18 22:45:27)

Topic: [MOD] Vanilla64

Hello!

I made a mod that is supporting up to 64 players with DM, CTF, TDM and MOD. This mod is based on East's anti spoof mod.
I renamed all the mod names (adding "64" to them) so if you're gonna host a DM server, it'll be called DM64 smile
Note that all I did was pretty much copy pasting. This is not really made by me, as copy pasting is not really coding.

If you downloaded the sources/binaries before 18 october, please update your mod/sources as the mod won't work correctly for clients not supporting 64 players
Sources (direct link)
Github Repo

Binaries
Windows
Linux 64 bits
Mac (Maybe YOU can compile it for me? smile)

The configs are the same as the vanilla ones. Don't forget to write sv_max_clients 64!

Special thanks to :
- East for his awesome anti spoofing modifications.
- HMH for giving me the right commit, to copy paste all the stuff I needed.
- The DDraceNetwork team for coding the 64 players feature.

However, what I'd like them (the DDraceNetwork team) to do is :
- If anything about 64 players was added after this commit, I'd like them to let me know about it (so that I can add it).
- DDNet client support for 64 players scorboard in teamplay (CTF, TDM, support for moded servers using teamplay...)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Re: [MOD] Vanilla64

Does this use the ddnet 64 protocol or does it has its own packets?

And for github, afaik if you fork, you automatically fork all branches with it (because you create a direct copy of everything) and then you can either just checkout and use the 0.6 branch, or you replace master with 0.6......

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

Does this use the ddnet 64 protocol or does it has its own packets?

And for github, afaik if you fork, you automatically fork all branches with it (because you create a direct copy of everything) and then you can either just checkout and use the 0.6 branch, or you replace master with 0.6......

It uses ddnet 64 protocol (this is why I mentioned them and told that it's only copy pasting). smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Does it have other chat features like stop/go/restart, PM, etc.? I requested HMH about a month ago for basically a TW+ with 64 players for an event for East Asian players three weeks ago.

This is great though. I think I will change all my TW+ servers to this mod now. 16 players is such an infuriating hindrance.

No it doesn't, I wanted to keep it "vanilla-like" hmm But it isn't hard to implement!
Uh and... finally a post! I was really expecting the community to interact more about this mod hmm

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

What version of Teeworlds is this based on?

heinrich5991 wrote:

It is 0.6. 0.7 doesn't even need spoof protection smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Neox wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

It is 0.6. 0.7 doesn't even need spoof protection smile

No, I mean: Is it based on 0.6.2, 0.6.3, the 0.6 branch on Github...?

9 (edited by Neox 2016-10-09 16:48:12)

Well, as I said, it's based on East's antispoof mod. So it should be 0.6.3 smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

10 (edited by Pathos 2016-10-10 04:40:28)

What are your plans for additional features? Perhaps, if you want to keep this as barebone as possible, as you said you wanted to keep this vanilla-like, you can give this mod another name. /pm or /w chat commands, /go /stop would be nice, just like TW+, though TW+ has the bug where there are no players, it can be stuck under /stop until an admin steps in to unpause the game.

Kill streak broadcasts and basic stats would be nice as well.

Good idea smile The only problem is that I'm working too much on other projects already... there are really a lot of things I wanna code, but I just can't because of lack of time. hmm

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

12 (edited by Neox 2016-10-11 16:17:10)

There seems to be a bug in the mod... players with vanilla client can't see any player. I have to fix that.

Edit : Done

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

The binaries download links are updated?

Yes everything is updated normally! smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

I just fixed a crash bug happening to vanilla clients (it can happen if there are more than 16 players)
All the links are updated, it's also updated in github. The bug exists in the commit I copied the codes from... so yeah. But I should have noticed it smile

If you downloaded the sources/binaries before today (october 18th), please update your mod/sources as the mod won't work correctly for clients not supporting 64 players

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

16 (edited by Pathos 2016-10-18 03:14:59)

Perfect.

For conciseness, you can keep a change log here. Just put the last patch date and the last patch information. All other details can be in Github.

Edit: apparently, there is a bug where a blue tee can grab the blue flag. The red tee wasn't able to see the blue tee holding the blue flag (same thing happens in Teerace FastCap). Unsure of how to reproduce. This guy didn't take screenshot or a demo, but I have an auto demo recorded. No idea how this could have happened.

https://youtu.be/DMbeWEOJl-0

17 (edited by Neox 2016-10-18 22:46:55)

I think I found the bug, I'll try to fix it.
ctf.cpp CGameControllerCTF::Snap sends the flag carrying character's ID, and as we are faking IDs, vanilla clients don't see the real IDs. This is why there are a few bugs with CTF, but ok, I'm fixing it.
By the way thank you for reporting the bug.

---

Edit : Fixed and updated all the links.

Edit2 : Bug fixes again ; players couldn't spectate, vote to kick/spectate correctly (sometimes it was buggy). Updated all the links.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

http://i.imgur.com/VzTR6zr.png
http://i.imgur.com/GdCLVND.png
95.172.92.151:8143

There's still a bug. It won't show in the server list menu. I'm not sure if it's because HMH got an older version of this, but I doubt it.

I think I have this same problem with my private mods too (in case it's really a bug). I hope it's not a bug, because I really have no idea where it may come from.

Thank you for reporting the bug (which I hope isn't one) anyway!

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.