1 (edited by needs 2023-12-31 14:32:44)

Topic: teerank.io: A simple ranking system for teeworlds

What is teerank.io?

teerank.io is a simple ranking system for teeworlds.  It works out of the box and doesn't require any change either client-side or server-side.  You can check it at teerank.io and read the source code on github.

Despite the similar name, this project have (almost) nothing to do with the account system project.

http://i.imgur.com/UVP3FvD.jpg

How does it work?

It is based on ELO rating system.  Every 3 minutes it pull every CTF servers and compute how much point each players have made during this 3 minutes period.  It then update each players ELO according to the player progression.  You can find the exact formula in src/elo.c.

The design is the same as the official teeworlds website but the logo will be changed soon (once I can put my hand on the font used for the teeworlds logo wink ).

Feel free to post your ideas or send pull requests.  Enjoy smile

Re: teerank.io: A simple ranking system for teeworlds

I think once you put a disclaimer on the site saying you're not officially related to teeworlds.com and add a "Load More.." button so it doesnt have to load as much (think 200 at a time would be reasonable?) it'd be better, but as it is..it's great smile nice job

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

The font is "Know Your Product," I believe. Also, this might help: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3732

A is for Apple.

Nice idea !

I think it needs an actual SQL database / dynamic server side tech rather than static html.

Any plans to implement name search ?

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

TeecTac wrote:

I think it needs an actual SQL database / dynamic server side tech rather than static html.

Actually I'm doing this right now. I'm quite far and almost finished but I still gotta solve some problems. But unfortunately I have exams the next weeks hmm

A quick logo if you want to replace it on your site:
http://i.solidfiles.net/ad156e60d9.png

7 (edited by needs 2016-02-11 01:06:31)

TT <3 wrote:

Actually I'm doing this right now. I'm quite far and almost finished but I still gotta solve some problems. But unfortunately I have exams the next weeks hmm

That's nice, I will be happy to merge your work!

TeecTac wrote:

Any plans to implement name search ?

Yes, there is!  I initially planned to do it with the current database model but I think it's worth waiting some weeks to see how the SQL port is going on.  I may have a subit desire to code it though wink .

Here what's also planned :

• DM and TDM ranking

• Per-map ranking

• A list of online players

• A sorted list of clans

• A sorted list of servers

And then, maybe some more players stats, like activity graph, map played...  But since teeworlds-stats.info already does it and quite well, it's not necessary atm.

Sonix wrote:

A quick logo if you want to replace it on your site:
http://i.solidfiles.net/ad156e60d9.png

Neat!!!  I commited it and credited you, and it's online!  I wonder if you can also add a little catchphrase like "Unofficial ranking system for teeworlds", looking like "Jumping the gun" in the teeworlds logo?  As pieLover said, it must be clear that teerank is unofficial to avoid any confusion smile .  Anyway, it really looks cool!

needs wrote:

Neat!!!  I commited it and credited you, and it's online!  I wonder if you can also add a little catchphrase like "Unofficial ranking system for teeworlds", looking like "Jumping the gun" in the teeworlds logo?  As pieLover said, it must be clear that teerank is unofficial to avoid any confusion smile .  Anyway, it really looks cool!

http://i.solidfiles.net/cf5c0bf1c2.png

Sonix, you rocks!  This time I learned how to properly give credit by setting you as the commit author wink

Original plan was to have server binaries, communicate with a Teerank server (similar to Teerace API token system) for logins, and keep the ranks using this sort of method. When are these features coming? Sushi tells me that the API token system is fairly easy to port. Also, Teerace optimized their API token and ranking system recently so I think it's a really good time to start some serious talks on this.

If server binaries with login system for statistics are implemented, call me to crunch some numbers for stats.

Also, why not keep both the logos?

Pathos wrote:

Original plan was to have server binaries, communicate with a Teerank server (similar to Teerace API token system) for logins, and keep the ranks using this sort of method. When are these features coming?

Teerank is not about the account system project you may have seen.  The main goal for Teerank is to work out-of-the-box, without any modifications either client-side or server-side.  Hence the features you describe is not really what Teerank want to achieve.

Pathos wrote:

Also, why not keep both the logos?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about?

12 (edited by Pathos 2016-02-14 10:54:28)

Working out of the box was for it to be a prototype, one of the earliest versions. Or at least, that's what I suggested and everybody seemed okay with the plans, including rick (I think? or someone from EVIL with a name that starts with R that's not Rashu haha) who had the entire front- and back-ends mapped out. For me, I had the stats part mapped out (or I should called it brainstormed). There has been no communication in the Skype chat group about Teerank anymore, so I thought it would be scrapped, but now, the goals have become completely different (at least from what I understand from reading your posts). First and foremost goal was a working account system. If you are interested in the original plans, let me know and PM you a doc. I lost the front- and back-end brainstorm, basic design of the website, and few other scrap materials. ZONE even made few basic graphics for this project. Here is one of them.

Sushi and I have been talking about this and he also agreed to expand Teerace and he's even willing to rename Teerace (though of course, I guess Teerank could be catchall term for multiple projects, Teerace being one of the sub-projects and credited as the grandfather).

http://race.teesites.net/api/1/docs

With this, my guess is that porting would be easy, just as Sushi suggested, but I'm no expert and only understand bits of this.

I also talked to HMH about this because he created an interesting mod, for quickly and automatically organizing a 1v1 dm1 tournament inside Teeworlds.

I'm now wondering what happened to all of this planning we have done. We had several talents combined, but were missing one very specific skill, so the project didn't progress since Spring 2015.

Anyway, thanks for any level of progress. I'm hoping that this will spark something.

I may point you to this issue on github for 0.7 modapi: https://github.com/teeworlds-modapi/teeworlds/issues/81

In a nutshell it allows statistical tracking, too

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Pathos wrote:

including rick (I think? or someone from EVIL with a name that starts with R that's not Rashu haha)

Asked Rick about that but it wasn't him, Maybe Rashu, ranchi or even me (regate).  As far as I can tell, hl037 was very involved as well (but he is not a member of the 'r' team wink ).

Pathos wrote:

I'm now wondering what happened to all of this planning we have done. We had several talents combined, but were missing one very specific skill, so the project didn't progress since Spring 2015.

Teerank has nothing to do with the account system project despite the similar name.  It's a bit of my fault you got confused because I forgot about the account system project when I registered the domain name.  I wasn't realizing that Teerank was already used for the account system project sad

Schwertspize wrote:

I may point you to this issue on github for 0.7 modapi: https://github.com/teeworlds-modapi/teeworlds/issues/81

Hoho, 0.7 ranking will be far easier to make!

needs wrote:
Schwertspize wrote:

Hoho, 0.7 ranking will be far easier to make!

Just to make thinks clear, Schwertspize talk about ModAPI, not 0.7 vanilla. But ModAPI could definitely implement some sort of interface to help system like teerank. Feel free to describe how you want this interface, since nothing is yet decided smile. It could include user ID, like in the issue, but also some description about how score must be managed in term of statistics. The server could even share more that one kind of statistic (precision, time, kill, selfkill, number of infection, ...)

necropotame wrote:
needs wrote:
Schwertspize wrote:

-snip-

Just to make thinks clear, Schwertspize talk about ModAPI, not 0.7 vanilla. But ModAPI could definitely implement some sort of interface to help system like teerank. Feel free to describe how you want this interface, since nothing is yet decided smile. It could include user ID, like in the issue, but also some description about how score must be managed in term of statistics. The server could even share more that one kind of statistic (precision, time, kill, selfkill, number of infection, ...)

I think I already said that I am talking about modapi, but I think that people expect that modapi would be widely used.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Are you able to see things such as what weapon are used in each game?  It would really be cool to see weapon stats for each player and the stats whole (tee)world.

Could you show  information like this?
stats

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

That would need either a server api or a connected client. I think possible with modapi but not vanilla

@android: nope, that would not be possible unless he would connect a client to gather the information, currently (to make it simple) he can only get the information you see in the server browser too.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Schwertspize wrote:

That would need either a server api or a connected client. I think possible with modapi but not vanilla

A third alternative could be to read demos made by server.  It would require server's owner to setup something to let us gather server-side demos in a secure way.

needs wrote:
Schwertspize wrote:

A third alternative could be to read demos made by server.  It would require server's owner to setup something to let us gather server-side demos in a secure way.

It means that you need to define some sort of protocols between server and teerank. So I think it's better for each server to provide some json file that contains a description of statistics (number of kills, points, ...)

22 (edited by android272 2016-02-19 02:36:29)

So this would really need to be a feature that a server admin would be able to enable for sites like teerank to skim. Plus it would be nice to have as the image I pulled was someone's example for an end of game snapshot of how well you did. 

I would like to make this a bug report see if the devs would be interested in making this a thing. Would anyone be interested in writing up a mock Jason/XML file of what all you would want or need for something like this?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

@android I think it would be better if you connect the teerank (or any other) service via udp and the server port to the real server and signal the server that you are only a ranking service. Then, the server don't send you eg positions, only things like pickups,.... (we can discuss that, for means of bot prevention or at least noticing bots).

I've added a search function so you can search for a player.  It's buggy but it kinda works smile

http://i.imgur.com/7R4aR3E.jpg

However the SSD on my server (10 GB SSD from OVH) was full and I got some errors resulting in loss of data sad  That's why your score may have been reset to 1500.

I notice the search is case sensitive.. also, perhaps consider clarifying what the search field is for, by adding placeholder="Name" or something?

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat