1 (edited by wlansath 2015-04-07 16:17:04)

Topic: Antiping cheat or No ?

http://s13.postimg.org/lop6hqxdz/sonar_bat_echo.png

Re: Antiping cheat or No ?

Nice picture:)

I classify it with using macros for firing. It gives the player a nice advantage and is generally frowned upon by others, but is not in the same category as aimbotting, radar, etc.

4 (edited by wlansath 2015-04-07 17:02:19)

with antiping the game becomes more "realistic"....

5 (edited by Pathos 2015-05-08 16:18:46)

High ping is unfair. Antiping makes the game fairer.

I never understood why it's frowned upon. It's literally the only thing that makes gaming fair. I wish every game had it, but some games just don't work with it. There are other fair-or-unfair questions, for example screen resolution (e.g. wide screens 16:9 or ultra wide vs. 4:3), different input methods (e.g. mice/keyboards that come with auto fire, input lags), response times, and so many other factors, yet antiping is questioned.

It is so far from being a cheat; I have no idea why others even debate/ask about this. Why is that? I'm curious. What makes you question that this is a cheat?

this is not the vanilla option and i disable my double mouse fire (bloody v5)
Sorry my bad english

Zgokee wrote:

I classify it with using macros for firing. It gives the player a nice advantage and is generally frowned upon by others, but is not in the same category as aimbotting, radar, etc.

Macros for firing is essentially the same as binding it to the mousewheel (which is apparantly okay with players).

Antiping is not a cheat, becouse is only a client with better prediction of the items and players around your tee which are aimed for very high-ping players (Such as me) and not offers a very advantage, but stabilizes the differences of a high-ping players whith a low-ping players.

Sorry for the hardness of my english but i'm 14 italian player

Error 403: Forbidden

Sry for my ignorance but.... how anti-ping works? thx wink

heinrich5991 wrote:
Zgokee wrote:

Macros for firing is essentially the same as binding it to the mousewheel (which is apparantly okay with players).

But it's not. Try to use the mousewheel to fire and you'll see you need one finger movement for each shot and that it affects your movement and ability to right click to hook. It might allow to fire fast with fewer efforts or finger pain than clicking but at the expense of precision. Macros and autofire require no manal input for each shoot. Really most people who try mouse wheel give up because it's not that easy to do. On the other side those who use macros don't have any downside.

Magnet wrote:

But it's not. Try to use the mousewheel to fire and you'll see you need one finger movement for each shot and that it affects your movement and ability to right click to hook. It might allow to fire fast with fewer efforts or finger pain than clicking but at the expense of precision. Macros and autofire require no manal input for each shoot. Really most people who try mouse wheel give up because it's not that easy to do. On the other side those who use macros don't have any downside.

Mh, okay it's not the same, but I still see it as an unfair advantage. But then again, because many players are doing it, it is not generally viewed as bad. smile

12 (edited by Pathos 2015-05-08 16:15:34)

Magnet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dap5lEuS5uM

nice one Pathos xD

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Basically every feature that makes one's life easier is a cheat, unless it is an official feature of course.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

Sort of, unless it doesn't affect gameplay of course.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I still dont know what the hell it is or what it does

Wes.Mp3 - Now Playing: Celine Teeon - "I'm hooking into you"
Endurance[USA] - CTF5