Topic: Yeah, I don't really know where this goes.

So hey, persons.
You all which are wondering what this topic is about.
You all shall know that I want to make something.
(Jesus Christ, my fingers are numb because of this cold air.)

I want to make a client. I don't want to just modify a client, because that's fucking dumb. Also, the vanilla layout is just so damn ugly. So yeah.
Sounds fun and all, but there's just one problem; I don't know any C++ or C# or anything. Yet. Though I'm way too lazy to learn it. Maybe later. Whatever.

So hey, maybe some ideas? Yes. Sure. Go ahead.

MenuPREExtend

Those black boxes are going to have some animated (maybe not) icons. Those white boxes will have logos and such.

So what do you think? Should I continue to do this? Should I put all my everything into learning some programming language?
Do any of you have some advice towards design, language, anything else?

Thanks for your attention and sorry if I put this into the wrong topic, for this goes over Fan Art to Development, to Modifications to Support.

Yes.
Bye.
TheDerero.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

Re: Yeah, I don't really know where this goes.

If you want to start programming with doing something really useful...
you will have a bad time.

If you want to start programming to learn it, just go on. Play with the client, some settings, add some cool code n stuff.

I can help you with teeworlds related coding/learning it.

If your intrested you can add me in Skype: marie.epvp

How to database by FFanta: http://puu.sh/jdPVk/fa37a95ac2.png

Be ware: It's not easy to learn to program. It needs dedication and steady will, though if you love programming it would not be boring and you would actually enjoy learning. But still, it will take a lot of your time. Countless hours sitting behind a computer... Repetitive strain injury... falling asleep on the keyboard... being frustrated because you can't find why it does not work... being happy after you get it working... others looking strangely at you for being frustrated and then happy shortly after it for no apparent reason... finding yourself thinking about the structure of some not yet existent piece of software... . These are just some possible scenarios that I think most programmers have experienced at some point. On the other hand, there is no feeling like having created something useful out of nothing. This is what it means to be a programmer.

Choose carefully and Good luck

But... what if we tried more power?

Just like people have said in the topic, learning programming is a bit commitment and you should set your motivations before getting started, and probably not aim for such a difficult goal at first.
With that, good luck if you continue this way!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yes it is. But im talking to the guy right now, and he doesnt seems to be one of the "plz show me how 4 hekk" kids. He is intrested in really, and i mean really learning c++. He also immidiately understood my when i talked about the dependencys (like what he has to do before jumping into the teeworlds code). I would say that he is a refined guy with the ability to do this.

Yea, thats pretty much it.

How to database by FFanta: http://puu.sh/jdPVk/fa37a95ac2.png

I know this topic is old, but that design is really good... I'd like to see a client made with it eventually

Hi.

I am sorry to inform you that I gave up on this project. I just don't have the time and dedication at my current point in life to start learning any programming language. I also don't know anybody else, who would take the time out of their day to program a new client for a game that isn't very widely known.
The official developers will also not take on this project as they have their own perspectives and already a decent client ready for 0.7. So taking time to redo almost everything the client has to offer at this moment is simply not an option for them. I have a lot of thoughts on this client, but simply cannot get it done.

So, until I find time to learn programming, this project will die down.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.