1 (edited by Pathos 2014-10-15 04:09:56)

Topic: Windows 10 Technical Preview Lag Fix

Hallo,

There is serious FPS lag with Windows 10 on all games (that I have, which are StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Dota 2, Counter Strike GO, and GunZ). I've been getting 10 FPS (maybe it should be called Windows 10 FPS) and it was just unbearable. I've been trying a bunch of things and finally found the fix.

On Classic Shell, disable animations for start menu. On top of that, disable all transparency. This will get you to maybe 20 FPS.

Interestingly enough, if you have no windows open other than the game itself (that means you should run TW with the --silent option), it will get to normal FPS (mine at 1000+ FPS for TW). Funny enough, that was all there was to it (for me).

Through the Microsoft Insider program, I sent some feedback on these problems. I think graphics is upcoming patch. My Win 10 was the latest version, build 9841.

Cheers!

PS: BTW, I still get network spikes only for TW. I've posted this before. Few players still have this problem. Please let me know if you find anything that amends this.

Re: Windows 10 Technical Preview Lag Fix

Offtopic:
Why are you playing games on a Technical Preview? o_O

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Offtopic:
Why are you playing games on a Technical Preview? o_O

The question is: Why not? smile

Hi! I have problem something like you, only i dont play games, i work on adobe programs and this is not normal, all time lagging with Windows 10 Pro, when i listen music in chrome browser, music is laggy and this music cant listen, someone can tell me how to fix this problem?

Welcome on the forums, Bleak! smile
You know that this is a Teeworlds-related forum, not a forum for technical problems, right?
I think you will find better help if you ask in a forum closer related to your problem, for example here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/

Regardless, here's my idea:
Which graphics card do you have? Are you sure you have the proper drivers installed? I know that there is a lack of proper drivers on Windows 10 especially for older hardware... Though drivers for Vista, 7 or 8 will often work, if there are no alternatives...

Loving TW since 2010 smile