1 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2016-12-22 11:45:39)

Topic: Teeworlds Tournaments #1

https://i.imgur.com/qsAVKkL.png

Inspired by the Vanilla Revival Initiative, in order to attract more players and improve competitive vanilla.
We (devs, support staff and part of the community) proudly present the:

Teeworlds Tournaments Series

The first tournament will be an 1vs1 DeathMatch - Tournament, taking place on 26th march 2014, 7 P.M (CET)!
You will fight several 1vs1 rounds in single elimination mode.
Final and Semi-Finals will be best of 5, while all other matches will be best of 3.
The played maps can vary. The first is chosen randomly. The loser of the first round picks the second map, the loser of the second round the third map etc.
The scorelimit is set to 10 points without a timelimit.

You can sign up via Challonge.com (or simply send a PM via Teeworlds.com (no guarantee!)).
Everyone is free to join and take part in this tournament. It does not matter whether you are a low or high skilled player, from EU or not. There is no limitation. We encourage everyone to take part in this tournament and prove your skills. No need to mention you will gain prestige and respect from others if you succeed.

Do not hesitate and grab your slot, as the number of participants is limited to 32 players!
Edit: Altough all slots are taken (yes, we did it!), you can still keep signin up.
You will be put on a waiting list and in case that somebody cancels, you will be moved to the slot.
(Plus we can see how much interest there is for further tournaments!)

Where will the fights take place?:
The matches will take place on several servers, sponsored by Sushi, ghost and DDraceNetwork.
IPs:

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #1 : 94.23.228.64:8400 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #2 : 94.23.228.64:8401 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #3 : 94.23.228.64:8402 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #4 : 94.23.228.64:8403 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #1 : 84.200.248.153:8304 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #2 : 84.200.248.153:8305 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #3 : 84.200.248.153:8306 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments USA #1 : 74.91.114.132:8401 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments USA #2 : 74.91.114.132:8402 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments RUS #1 : 151.248.116.14:8401 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments RUS #2 : 151.248.116.14:8402 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

The servers are running a for tournament streaming purposes coded modification. Although there are not many differences to vanilla there are some:
    - Reserved Slots were added to guarantee free slots for participiants and the team.
    - Spectators are prohibited to use the public chat to avoid cheating.
    - We prepared a client for streamers who share the stream with a broader audience.
       They can zoom out for improved streaming experience!
    - In addition, our servers will send health- and armor information.

Rules:

1. The first player reaching the scorelimit will win the match.

2. To guarantee a maximum live-stream performance, all participants have to join our IRC:
    irc.quakenet.org, channel: #TeeworldsTournaments.

3. Our team will assign you and your opponent (according to the bracket) to one of our servers. The match can't take place anywhere else.

4. You have to follow our directives when a team-member is there. (A round will not begin if we do not start it)

5. If you aren't in IRC and/or do not react for 10 minutes after your match started, you will get deff-loss and your opponent wins.
    If you don't appear to your first match, you will be replaced by a player on the waiting list.

6. Your IRC Nickname has to be equal to your nickname in the bracket (respectively to your nickname on teeworlds.com, when you were added via PM)

7. You may not request a (short) pause during a round, but after it.

8. After each match, both participants have to send us the results via demo-file (or screenshots) verifying the results. (3 rounds = 3 screenshots etc.)

9. Using a bot, any kind of tool not provided by the official teeworlds version or watching a stream during your match (or spectating with a second client), means immediate disqualification from this and further tournaments.

10. You may use Anti-Ping to work against high latency.

11. We reserve the right to change the rules, even during a tournament.

Map pool:

Streams:

You want to stream, too? Send us a PM via Teeworlds.com and we will give you all needed information.

But why should you participate?
Besides fun, challenge, action, fun, being-on-tv (ok just twitch) and winning the respect of all Tees you won against....there is currently nothing else.

Share this news on facebook, twitter, via whatsapp, telefon, e-mail, IRC, TeamSpeak and Skype to spread the word of Teeworlds and its tournaments!

Good luck and have fun!

Edit: The bracket can be found here: http://teeworldstournaments.challonge.com/tournament1/

Edit:
Our first Teeworlds Tournament is over and we congratulate our winners:

https://i.imgur.com/CwKexfb.png

Also we want to thank all participants, viewer, our team members MMilos, Cartman, Sushi, ghost, Landil, Alucard, Sonix and Sancty and our supporters DDRacenetwork, ghost and Sushi!

The final bracket can be found here: http://teeworldstournaments.challonge.com/tournament1
and the recorded stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/teeworldstournaments/b/514488855 (until Twitch will delete it).
You can download (all available) serversided demo files of the matches from here!

Re: Teeworlds Tournaments #1

Going to try and participate, to see how long it takes me to get beaten! :D
Also, nice that you added unofficial DM maps to the rotation.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

THis looks very promising. Keep up the good work and it will be a fantastic event!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Thinking about participating, though I'm afraid of getting raped. big_smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

5 (edited by Kirbs 2014-03-13 22:31:06)

My ping is around 350 in servers in Germany or France, so I'll just watch. Somehow hmm Perhaps there is some way I can help this cause? I love standard Teeworlds, and I can provide prizes or something like artwork to go to winners. But I actually don't like that idea, and you probably don't either. But having a team of prize makers would be cool. I'm personally not a big fan of prizes in tournaments, the prize is glory and satisfaction, smile

I suppose I could run a server if my stupid internet provider would wake up and smell the coffee, but they won't let us buy really high high speed internet. Because we live "across the bridge" or some crap like that.

no

Jonas the Roman wrote:

Thinking about participating, though I'm afraid of getting raped.

Haha! But maybe this encourages you to train and improve your skills, so one day you will be the winner wink

@Lord Kirby [TP]: We need servers outside of germany, east europe or NA would be pretty cool. But up to now we don't have any offer! It would be of big help if you can find some.

About prizes: For this tournament there won't be any "real" prizes, except being announced here as winners.
But we are looking forward (if this first tournament will be a success) to find sponsors/ donators and to give awards.

7 (edited by Kirbs 2014-03-14 01:08:02)

AAARGH. 2 pm I will not be at home. I'll hope it snows. Just figured out that the 7 pm CET time is 2 pm for EST5DT people. Arg. At 5 I should be ready to go, but you know how unpredictable authorities are. Well I can't do much about this, so I guess I can't really help with servers unless the time is moved so Eastern Standard Time people that learn/work from Morning to who knows when can participate in this great Vanilla tournament. Or.. something. That would bring other problems and so on. There are other possibilities for me to run a server, but I just don't have the tools to do so. You know, platforms to run said server on. I guess my laptop, but that just doesn't cut it.

no

8 (edited by TsFreddie 2014-03-14 20:34:09)

2am in China. So sad.

But its still cool! Official tourament! When will there be a lot of Asia players enough to handle an Asia tourament. tongue

Greet from China!
Teeworlds Chinese Website

Slayer *gV* wrote:
Jonas the Roman wrote:

Thinking about participating, though I'm afraid of getting raped.

Haha! But maybe this encourages you to train and improve your skills, so one day you will be the winner wink

Already playing TW fairly long, but my skills are stuck above-average, I think one could call it. ^^
I'm going to watch the tournament to see the skill level and maybe participate next time.

Good luck to every competitor! smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

I'm going to watch the tournament to see the skill level and maybe participate next time.

Good luck to every competitor! smile

Same here ^^ I'd like to help in some way possible, but art skills and mapping skills aren't needed as of now.
1on1 maps are in great number, and my 1on1 map is dm1 with a bad attitude.

I can't really place my self in skill, as I kick ass somedays and are only almost-above-average on weekdays. And so random.
I can always move fast though big_smile

no

Lord Kirby [TP] wrote:

I can't really place my self in skill, as I kick ass somedays and are only almost-above-average on weekdays. And so random.
I can always move fast though big_smile

Exactly the same here! big_smile Nice to hear I'm not the only one with such changeable skill!

12 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2014-03-15 22:53:07)

Altough all slots are taken (yes, we did it!), you can still keep signin up.
You will be put on a waiting list and in case that somebody cancels, you will be moved to the slot.
(Plus we can see how much interest there is for further tournaments!)

We also edited our rules:
9. Using a bot, any kind of tool not provided by the official teeworlds version or watching a stream during your match (or spectating with a second client), means immediate disqualification from this and further tournaments.

Edit: We are still looking for some referees and a supervisor of the matches (detailed tasks can be explained via IRC)!

What about using antiping? Is it prohibited?

my LastFM profile

Added the rule: 10. You may use Anti-Ping to work against high latency.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

So no custom clients except for antiping?

Rule 9 means you may not use any features, which are not in the official teeworlds client. This actually means, you can use custom clients, as long as you don't use any of the features, which are not in the official teeworlds version.

17 (edited by PhOen!X' 2014-03-17 20:56:04)

I will only watch the game cause I'm still a noob in vanilla and I have high ping.
I started play vanilla and maybe I'll join next tournament. big_smile

I'm a god.

We are very proud that our waiting list is over 15 players long.
Thus we decided to change rule 5 to:
"If you aren't in IRC and/or do not react for 10 minutes after your match started, you will get deff-loss and your opponent wins.
If you don't appear to your first match, you will be replaced by a player on the waiting list."
We ask all players on the waiting list to appear on schedule, so they can eventually jump in.

Wow, If I could go back in time today, I would have signed up for this immediately.

I can't believe that it snowed today.

CRAP!!! So I would have been able to participate had I known what the weather would do.

I can still watch.

no

Slayer *gV* wrote:

The played maps can vary. The first is chosen randomly. The loser of the first round picks the second map, the loser of the second round the third map etc.

Didn't see this answered in the post. Since I am an American player and i think my opponent will most likely be a German player. How is the server chosen for where we will play the map? I guess we can meet a bit closer with the French server. However, if i lose the first match , can I choose the next map and the next server as well (USA)? I guess to be fair, it would rotate between French to USA to German server if it goes to three rounds?

Thanks.

21 (edited by ghost 2014-03-26 12:30:13)

I'm sorry, but switching the server during a match (after a round) is not planned. It would be too much work for our small team to organize and control this. Also we'll be having 4 simultaneous games most of the time, but we only have a limited amount of servers in the respective country (e.g. only 2 in USA) which makes it impossible to reserve 2 servers for one match, because the second server might be needed for another match.

Before a match starts, you and your opponent will be asked which country you prefer the server you'll play on to be in. Then you'll be assigned to a server by our team (of course we'll take into account your preferences, but in case it is not possible to satisfy both players, our team will simply make a decision). The whole match needs to be played on that server.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, but with a team this small, we do not have any other options.

22 (edited by Broken 2014-03-26 15:44:35)

probably best not to have usa servers then....

^yup. If there is no rotation between two different servers, then the person who plays in his country's server gains the advantage.

There are several issues:
1. We don't have the capacity (staff and servers)
2. Rotation will also lead to "unfair" results: First server FRA, second USA, third FRA. In case of three matches has the european player still an advantage.

BUT: Although you can not claim any rights to rotate servers. We probably won't refuse an arrangement with you and your mate to rotate servers IF THE SERVER IS NOT IN USE (as ghost said).

Broken wrote:

probably best not to have usa servers then....

Wrong. Why should 2 USA players play on an german server?

We are aware of this situation and will discuss it again for further tournaments.

Well I guess I can't watch. BULLSHIT

Apparently you need like a 50mb (I have 50kb) connection to use that site, never been into live streams.

- They aren't very lively sad

I guess if I want to see a TW Tournament I will have to be in it

no