Topic: Japanese/Korean Teeworlds

So a little while ago, I volunteered to translate Teeworlds but the languages that I was fluent in were already translated on Github. However, the client does not support Japanese/Korean typing and there are no language options for the two languages. I'm not sure if the two languages were supports in 6.1, but there seems to be a Japanese client but only for 6.1. What is going on?

Re: Japanese/Korean Teeworlds

I'm not sure if the two languages were supports in 6.1, but there seems to be a Japanese client but only for 6.1.

You mean, from an unofficial source?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

japanese/korean is not officially supported by teeworlds because the used font in teeworlds simply doesn't contain the needed characters. If you have a font which contains this characters you can simply replace the font in the font folder with your font and the characters are supported. You could also do a translation with this wink

I had a font like this but it was 13MB big and very ugly xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I wonder how useful it would be to translate it in ranjis/phonetical korean. Is this something viable, or do you need to provide a font/translation patch?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

I'm not sure if the two languages were supports in 6.1, but there seems to be a Japanese client but only for 6.1.

You mean, from an unofficial source?

Yes, unofficial source.

Dune wrote:

I wonder how useful it would be to translate it in ranjis/phonetical korean. Is this something viable, or do you need to provide a font/translation patch?

I think Broken linked me a Github page for translations and they were already translated (at first glimpse). Can any dev confirm Dune's question?

JinAndJuice wrote:
Dune wrote:

I think Broken linked me a Github page for translations and they were already translated (at first glimpse). Can any dev confirm Dune's question?

The question was directed to you. As far as I know, the current fonts don't allow you to write kanjis.
But I have no idea how useful it would be to japanese/korean players to have it translated in phonetical.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

It would be incredibly helpful.

https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds- … anese.json
https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds- … orean.json

They're already in the next version, just like Broken said.

Not Luck, Just Magic.