Topic: Stryke's Wishlist

We know that Teeworld's mantra is K.I.S.S and I respect that. That won't be stopping me from posting some features that are the exact opposite of that. Let me wish.

Also, feel free to suggest new/modified ideas below. If you see something feel free to write "but we already have this!".

Admin/Server Tools

Team-wide Votes
When in a public match of CTF you often run into people who are purposely trying to kill your own team or harming you in another way. The other team isn't really worried about this and a lot of the time will encourage it as it hinders the opponent. What I'm asking for is if you vote to kick or move a person to the spectators and they are part of your team, you have the ability to make it a team-wide vote instead of including the other team in the vote count.

Map Rotation
In the config allow a server to rotate between maps after a round ends. Options of a fixed loop or random in a selection would be nice.

Smart Rebalancing
When a team wins a match it's either a close game or one of teams got absolutely crushed. When the next game begins if the score difference is enough the teams should be rebalanced.

Smart Matchmaking
I think we all know the feeling when we're in a game and some of the other players don't just out class you, they absolutely destroy you. Having some servers with the ability to make games based on a player's skill would be awesome. *Note: I understand this would be difficult to implement but my guess is there would be an extra tab for matched servers that would use a master algorithm or something to rate players. I get this will probably never happen.

HUD

Repositionable Items
It would be great if we could reposition data on our HUD. Everything would be enclosed in a rectangle that could be dragged around and resized on your screen (in the settings).

Weapons Available
I would find it very useful indeed if we could have a physical representation of the weapons currently in our possession.

Detailed Scoreboard
The ability to show more information that is normally provided. Things such as kills, deaths suicides and flag caps/grabs would be toggleable in the menu.

Other

Achievements
I personally would find it cool if we got achievements for doing certain things such as killing a certain amount of enemies in a certain time span or achieving terminal velocity. They would appear in a non-obtrusive box similar to the kill feed and would be toggleable in the options menu. Achievements cannot be received in modded servers.

Ingame Recording
We already have demos (I understand these are NOT recordings) so I'm going to take a guess and say it's possible to have a built-in recording device for Teeworlds.

Tutorial/Singeplayer
When I showed this game to some of my friends a few dropped off because they couldn\t get the hang f the game. I believe a short interactive tutorial would help remedy this especially if people had the ability to "train" against bots at a scaleable difficulty.

Account System (Kill K.I.S.S)
This one is pretty self-explanatory. When signing into Teeworlds you would be prompted with a box to register or login (email account could be used for password recovery). If the authentication servers went down the fallback would be our current system. Since this horse has been beaten many times I'll just point out some of the features I'd like to accompany this.

- Optional global banning
This is hard to do since if we go off a "certain number of server bans = global ban it will be abused badly. An additional feature would be to ban all IPs associated with that account which would help bar alternate accounts from bothering people.

- Better Friends Functionality
Out of game private messaging/chat system. Ability to make persistent group chats would be cool too. Also features like "join Friend's session" and things like that would also be great if there are appropriate privacy settings

- Users separate from Nicks
Nicknames would work the exact same way they do now except we will have the ability to see usernames which are unique which destroys impersonating. A similar system with identification numbers would work with clans

2 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2013-12-08 12:25:50)

Re: Stryke's Wishlist

To give your wishes a little chance to become truth, post your wishes here: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

In addition I like many of your ideas and think they harmonize with KISS.
Some don't, but would add great functionality to this game!

A number of these ideas are already in our list, and hopefully a few of them could be (at least partially) featured in 0.7.

I think like you that server-sided bot would be awesome, but every main developpers disagree.
Impersonating is already solve in 0.7 because names and clans can only be writen in ASCII.
A tutorial would be very great in my opinion.

Okay I posted it in the suggestions thread.

As for the bots these would be a part of the tutorial, since I have 0 coding knowledge I have no idea if these could be abused and bled over into legitimate servers.

Impersonating is still a thing. Lets say I leave a server then someone else can join that server with my nickname.

6 (edited by alison3492 2015-01-20 13:07:36)

Asian server and playing with other Asian people.

We are the pioneers in providing 640-554 and ccna voice training with 100% ccnp study guide guarantee. Download our latest www.sterling.edu and Thomas Aquinas College or pass real exam of Jacksonville University.

I like all except the ones associated with the account system. Just saying.

no