1 (edited by needs 2013-12-05 22:17:03)

Topic: [TILESET] Panda (Version 2) - Contribute to teeworlds !

I split the topic into two parts :

1. The first part describe the current progress of the new panda tileset

2. The second part describe how to help and contribute to the tileset

Hello, I'm regate, the author of the first panda tileset.

I created this topic to centralise the work done by me and the community on the panda tileset.
The following content is an overview of the tileset, see the second part to try to help me.

List of contributors (2)

Even if your work or idea isn't included in the final tileset, you will be mentioned here.

Preview

http://i.solidfiles.net/afb3701d5e.png

Download

At some points of the developpement, I will compile all the work done into a tileset for mappers

==============================================================================

If you want to help me and have your name in the contributors list, or even have free cookies, read the following !

The aim of this tileset

The goal is to reach the quality of an official tileset, and then try to have this tileset in the next version of teeworlds.
The final tileset will have :

• Main tiles (The floor, the walls, etc...)

• Doodads (Decorations)

• Unhookable tiles

• Background

How to help
  • I need ideas ! Ideas who stick to the theme of the tileset, as decribed below, so just giving ideas is great, and it will help me.

• Draw your ideas, take a pen and just do a draft on a paper (or even on paint), when done, just scan it and give a link to the uploaded file. You can upload your files on solidfiles for example wink

• You are a warrior ? Draw your idea with inkscape and share the SVG, even if it don't fit to the theme or it's not teeish, I will try to improve it and include your work in the tileset.

If I like your idea/draft, I will draw it with inkscape and then put it in the new tileset.
What about the time ? Let's say I have something like 2 years ! smile

The theme

When I started the tileset, my goal was to design something asian. Now it's more something like "japan zen garden", but everything that's look asian is okay.

For example, I really like the cherry blossom tree or asian temple. I think it will fit really well to the theme. As you can see, there is no precise guidelines, free your imagination !

The teeish style

If you want to try to draw your idea with inkscape, here is what Landil post to help me.
Guidelines 1 and 2.

Landil wrote:
GENERAL TEESTYLE

- parallel perspective
- keep it simple stupid: use basic shapes
- teeworlds is an archetypical world. All graphics should be the perfect representation of its real life models.
- do not use blur (except for main tiles shading)
- do not use gradients
- use as few colors as possible
- use the bezier curve tool (do NOT use the freehand tool) and use as few nodes as possible
- take care of symmetry
- avoid complexity / many details

DOODADS:

Outlines: -
Colors: few basic colors, (avoid screaming colors)
Shading: 1 (sometimes 2) shadows for each color

Share your work !

Don't worry about the quality of your work. Also please share the SVG when you have one, to allow me to work on it.

Enjoy !

Re: [TILESET] Panda (Version 2) - Contribute to teeworlds !

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/575375pandademo.png

http://i.solidfiles.net/afb3701d5e.png

.. Really?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

3 (edited by needs 2013-12-05 23:38:11)

Okay, so obviously you didn't even read half of the topic : that's a work in progress, it's not done. I ask the community for their ideas, let's stick on the topic please.

cool i like