Topic: A discussion on the hook

Hello everyone,

I was playing a game of ctf when a thought randomly came to my mind; "what causes the tee to lose his grip while holding a tee with his hook?" Why can a tee not simply hold on to the other tee either until one of them does or the one with the hook releases his hook? I figured that since the tee has a good grip it shouldn't come out.

Some ideas for this could be that the tee has some sort of knife that cuts the hook from his body. If so, why would there then be a set time limit for the hook to become released? Who knows. Maybe all tees are created equal and as such, they all cut the hook off at the same rate of time. How does this hook then regain the ability to rehook if the end was cut off. Perhaps the tee quickly replaces it at quick speed.

Another idea is that the hook is simply being ripped out of the tee's body at a miraculous same rate of time as everyone else. On this same note, the hook could be wiggled loose at given rate of time similar to all tees.

What are your opinions on this matter? Do you have any other ideas for the cause of hook time limit? Please note that this would obviously only be for vanilla teeworlds.

(Sorry for my bad English. I was lazy at typing all of this up)

Re: A discussion on the hook

its a metal chain, you cant simply "cut" it. just imagine it sticks on/into your body and the every tee pulls it out automatically after some time, no cut. that explains everything. the biggest issue with the hook is imho its wonky  and unlogic behavior, just watch the EXTREME difference in pull when you hook a tee thats static or a normal tile. it should be nonexistent, according to true and logic mechanics and KISS.

This is rather interesting. How about just hammering the hook?

Arrob wrote:

its a metal chain, you cant simply "cut" it.

Get a load of this guy!

Is this really a discussion?
All players would end up in a massiv ball of Tees and hooks. That is probably the only reason.

oh by the way, there are alot of metals you can just simply "cut". Lead and tin for an example.

Well, tees have a fur. For a couple of seconds the hook will entangle in the fur. But the stong force will then lead to a loss of the hairs and the hook will fall off.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

But what if a tee gets hooked too often.. will it loose all of its fur? sad

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

But what if a tee gets hooked too often.. will it loose all of its fur? sad

they regrow between two matches wink

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I like the fur theory.