Re: Should we fork a Mod-friendly version of Teeworlds?

traitor wrote:

Okay, now I think it is necessary to add some more ideas to my /our situation with yemDX.
Of course there is no proper place to discuss this, as this forum is meant to find useful information regarding the game.
BUT at a certain point this exact thread became occupied by yemDX.

So dear yemDX, I have only one question before I honestly want to deal with you: why are doing what you are doing at teeworlds.com/forum?

To all the others: we all need some willpower to ignore that person. Keep cool and calm down your attacked mood smile Until s/he reveals reasons to start an argument there is not much to do. Motives to disturb this community might be countless yet you have no chance to seriously discuss anything with yemDX, proven several times. Unless you are moderator with permission of censorship you can't do anything else...
Even if I would think: what is going on with yemDX, might he be some kind of retarded soziopath or just a bored person somehwere on our lovely planet? Its easier to understand someone who attacks your server, whether by ddos or spam, because those exactly tell you: I hate you. Anyway, my point is: you do not have to answer every single post, just pick the ones where you want to participate, contribute something useful, extend the debate. Put your temper aside, forget about your mood and focus on context in question.
In this case, I don't know - so please yemDX, I refer to my question from the beginning.
Honestly I know two people (whose opinion I really value a lot) thinking you are kind of a good person, worth to be taken serious - unfortunately they both do not follow the talk at this forum. So just an example you are wearing some kind of twisted mask here.

I hope you do not delete my message, this has to be said to many useless comments in this thread.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Coming back to the main idea, how many people would you need to accomplish your task?
There are several motivated persons on the forum presenting nice ideas, concepts and implementations of those, I guess that kind of project would need some leading figure - at least in the very beginning.
Have you got any personal messages, more detailed answers maybe?
Don't be discouraged or demotivated by certain negative replies.

What are you talking about? Everything I type here on the Teeworlds forums is 100% what I believe. I'm sorry you can't accept that. I don't try to pick fights, they just happen because some very silly people aren't comfortable with my opinions.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

I don't try to pick fights, they just happen because some very silly people aren't comfortable with my opinions.

Fights do happen because you put your very silly opinions in the least appropriate places. This thread was originally a call to mod (and especially client mod) developers, not to mod haters. People like you are the reason we are yet to accomplish anything as you always cause pages of flamewar in a previously focused discussion.
Also everyone sort of misses the whole point of this thread. It was created because there is no hope for vanilla as it denies even the most trivial changes (MAX_CLIENTS) so fisted feels the need to create a semi-fork for mods. In spite of that, posting suggestions about everyone working on vanilla or having voice chat with them seems kind of pointless.

Dune wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

Probably all 3 still following this thread enthusiastic?
No srsly, it was damned to fail.
At least a comment on the start-page or anywhere else would have been obligatory..

It's fine with me if people don't care about it. Just hoped yemDX would come to fix some things, that's it.

It's not about "don't care", but about a fair information policy.
Guess many people would like to follow such discussions, or even take actively part!

Also i feel this thread is getting off of his opening post and idea (ps: it's not about yemDX)

It's nothing official, I can't ask for it to be put on the start-page or whatever. I probably should have announced it sooner than 24 hours before though. I will announce it on IRC next time.

Since people are often unavailable during the week and yemDX seems to have issues with GMT afternoon, let's say
next Saturday (09/03), 22:00 CET (GMT+1), on minus' Mumble
voice.mnus.de:64738.

You can download Mumble at mumble.sourceforge.net, it's an open-source light VoiP.

This being said, further posts regarding yemDX will be removed.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Since my availability is of such importance, I must inform you that I will never be available for voice chat on the weekends. My schedule's packed, and the time I said in the thread earlier is the only time I'll ever be available for this upcoming week.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Let's get back to topic please! This is ugly to read.

1. Devs do what devs like: developing teeworlds, not teeworlds mod engine. If you want to create your own cool teeish game follow step 2.
2. Fork it, that's open source! There are several teeworlds related forked projects with dead ends, so why not creating another one?
3. Devs are still thinking about improving game play. BUT it has to be simple and creative. Create a working prototype of a new game play changing element and balance it so it will work in ALL existing official game types. Then it might have a good chance to become official. We have not found a convincing one, yet.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I thought Matricks quit working on teeworlds after the infamous DDOS attack when he threatened to pull the plug on the master server. Good times.

Nilaya wrote:

I thought Matricks quit working on teeworlds after the infamous DDOS attack when he threatened to pull the plug on the master server. Good times.

He indeed has quit official Teeworlds development and has not come back since, yet he's done a few things on a Teeworlds fork.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Well....You have my moral support.

Once in a century...

85 (edited by kittyPL 2013-03-14 18:34:27)

Removed discussion concerning yemDX again. Really. Stop with that. // Dune

Fisted, good idea, but very few details. Tell meh moar. :> Im quite interested, so I think I could help in developing this smile

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!