26 (edited by Cart 2013-01-17 22:52:47)

Re: InoT [CTF Tournament] #2

That's not the point dude. It's just useless for 3n3 even if you like to def with 2 or 1 and 1/2. Anyway. If he whishes to play that map it's ok. So have fun and good luck everyone.

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

You still didn't answer to the question, as to why it's so bad to have such a map for 3v3.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

28 (edited by Zgokee 2013-01-18 00:05:50)

This map is massive for 3v3.
Edit: You could even play 5v5 on it.

29 (edited by yemDX 2013-01-18 00:37:29)

Ugh. Such a cretinous map. Why are the bridge supports not on HD? Why are they even there? They're confusing, I keep thinking they're collision tiles. Also, putting the flag on one of them? What's the sense in that? You just made it slightly darker, too. Not to mention the map is just plain bad. Armor and hearts right next to each other? Graphics bugs? More than 4 pickups in one place? A giant rip-off of ctf2? What were you thinking?

Ex-King of Teeworlds

30 (edited by Cart 2013-01-18 16:37:26)

Have you seen the scetch? I guess not.
Yem pointed out what's wrong with it quite well. Anyway. The easiest thing everyone can see that it is way to big and just a copy of ctf2. I hope everyone knows that you can't play a good 3n3 on ctf2.
Actually even ctf2 would be better for 3n3 than that map.

31 (edited by Sonix 2013-01-18 16:45:04)

Anyway the map is pretty big,still no problem we'll try to play on it.
How should be played that match table?

32 (edited by 2013-01-18 16:57:00)

You, before evaluating the map to start the run around on it, learn. It's smaller than ctf2 and quite suitable for Games 3 on 3.

What do I see? One nagging! We give you something creative, not original, but still something of a new light, and you're not even trying to taste this creation and are already talking about what it is lousy.

(Sorry, if you cant understande my english)

Sonix, you negotiate with other teams about when and where you want to play with them, and we are watching. After each game edited tournament grid, there appear the results of your games.

Really, no offense at all, I'm a huge fan of your TW videos, I love TW tournaments, and appreciate the efforts... but this map is so bad for so many reasons. I'm surpised you don't see it as a past super pro. Should switch it out for something.

Broken wrote:

Really, no offense at all, I'm a huge fan of your TW videos, I love TW tournaments, and appreciate the efforts... but this map is so bad for so many reasons. I'm surpised you don't see it as a past super pro. Should switch it out for something.

Better play some games there before judging,else if you already played it, you're wrong.
Since my team played the first match against Team-J,believe me that the first time I joined there I thought it would be unplayable,but it just got the opposite it was really fun to play 3on3 there along with teamdamage and I really think 3on3 fits best,more players would cause more spam,the movement isnt perfect but it's still nice and there's no problem to def there alone.
I dont understand why many people r saying it's bad.
IMO this proves that you even won't try to play different maps than ctf3 or ctf2, don't know what are you afraid of. (talking in general)

Seems like you thought the same like me before playing your match(es). I dunno really. You used teamdamage(teamdamage is always fun because you can joke around a bit) and cause I'm not used to it but for normal mode it still seems to be bad but I believe you that you have got enough life and shilds on the map to survive teammates.;D Still you have won which gives it some positive feeling.:p Additionally you deffed vs Puch and 1 deffer(Jambi probably) and I guess there are harder things(I have to admit that I don't know their current skills as Jambi is only playing LoL sorry wanted to say attacking at the moment). Anyway. You can also solo def(them) on ctf2, can't you?:p

Regarding to your last point: It is not that I'm not playing it because I don't want to play other maps but because I am not playing tws at all.
I haven't played it, I won't play it and so you can judge probably better than me. Just like I wrote before. If you have fun playing the map play it.:p

CartmanxX wrote:

Additionally you deffed vs Puch and 1 deffer(Jambi probably) and I guess there are harder things(I have to admit that I don't know their current skills as Jambi is only playing LoL sorry wanted to say attacking at the moment). Anyway. You can also solo def(them) on ctf2, can't you?:p

We haven't even play yet.

Team J not Team Jambi?:(

Better play some games there before judging,else if you already played it, you're wrong.

I can explain why this map is bad. Please explain to me why this map is good. If you can do that, then you can say that people who don't like this map are wrong. Just telling people to play it some more is worse than someone saying the map is bad and not even playing it.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

jambi : ed_toni for our team

yemDX wrote:

I can explain why this map is bad. Please explain to me why this map is good. If you can do that, then you can say that people who don't like this map are wrong. Just telling people to play it some more is worse than someone saying the map is bad and not even playing it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that this map is that "good", just why did they register in this tournament and it was written that the matches will be played on a custom map,so they registered now they are free to play on that map or just leave the tournament. No sense to complain about it.

41 (edited by shrek 2013-01-19 07:58:10)

Can you make a map is better than this? I do not think so. Would you prefer to play ctf2 or other maps, to which the are used to.
Even you said that there are many reasons to consider this map is bad. I heard only 2-3 reasons: 1. Very difficult to defend alone. 2. Map very small for games 3 on 3. 3. Most likely due to the fact that you just do not know how to play on this map.
That's it! More actual reasons I could not see. You just can not play the maps are unknown to you and you're too lazy to adapt. Yesterday I watched as a real "pro" complained the map simply because they do not know her. this is so funny! Professional players are not able to adapt to the map, oh my God!

(if you can not understand my English, then I'm sorry.)

shrek wrote:

2. Map very small for games 3 on 3

I believe it's rather too big.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Sonix wrote:

Since my team played the first match against Team-J,believe me that the first time I joined there I thought it would be unplayable,but it just got the opposite it was really fun to play 3on3 there along with teamdamage and I really think 3on3 fits best,more players would cause more spam,the movement isnt perfect but it's still nice and there's no problem to def there alone.
I dont understand why many people r saying it's bad.
IMO this proves that you even won't try to play different maps than ctf3 or ctf2, don't know what are you afraid of. (talking in general)

Well you know I respect your and Shrek's opinion. It was just a suggestion... 

Shrek have you thought of taking some server demos for the matches, I'd like to be able to watch some or know when they are playing.

44 (edited by traitor 2013-01-19 14:11:57)

Even when I am not participating this tournament, I would like to share my opinion:
Some people on the forum tend to discourage others, providing their spare time and effort to organise an event like this. So why don't you want to appreciate this, grant them a little bit respect. You could easily ignore the event in case you really don't like it or at least try to describe your ideas and suggestions in a polite way.

shrek wrote:

Most likely due to the fact that you just do not know how to play on this map.
That's it! More actual reasons I could not see. You just can not play the maps are unknown to you and you're too lazy to adapt. Yesterday I watched as a real "pro" complained the map simply because they do not know her. this is so funny! Professional players are not able to adapt to the map, oh my God!

This is most likely the main reason, reminds me of my own experiences when I tried to play different maps. Adding a variety of maps to my server means: people stick with the same all day... because they don't want to adapt.

From the beginning I was surprised to see your idea about a secret map! I like it.

45 (edited by yemDX 2013-01-19 20:33:38)

shrek wrote:

Can you make a map is better than this? I do not think so. Would you prefer to play ctf2 or other maps, to which the are used to.
Even you said that there are many reasons to consider this map is bad. I heard only 2-3 reasons: 1. Very difficult to defend alone. 2. Map very small for games 3 on 3. 3. Most likely due to the fact that you just do not know how to play on this map.

(if you can not understand my English, then I'm sorry.)

Stop acting like a child and accusing the players saying this map is bad of not having played the map and only liking ctf2. A good way to do this is to actually say why the map is good. Why is this map fine for 3v3? Why is it good for one defender to defend on? Why should I play this map instead ctf2, the map this map was based on?

The idea of keeping the map hidden until later is good. Too bad this map isn't good and the two people defending it in this thread can't even give a single reason why it's good.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

This map is good because it gives you something new, fresh look. You said what defend in alone is difficult? On ctf3 protection too often rests on one player, but no one is complaining about it! Too big for a 3 on 3? I do not agree with that. Map is very small and you can with easy to find an opponent.
As for the reasons why this map is very good, they are obvious. When you begin to adapt to the other maps, and not to play with those who are accustomed to, then you understand me, and understand why this map is good. Until then, you'll dub it with a bullshit, because unable to move on to something else. You love old maps that already know by heart. So get out there to catch it now? You still say that only on ctf2-3 players can show their true skills ... These skills are evident in everything, and that means adapting to an unknown location is also included in these skills.

47 (edited by yemDX 2013-01-19 23:41:47)

shrek wrote:

This map is good because it gives you something new, fresh look.

I stopped reading there. That's not a reason. If you think that's a reason, the rest of your post isn't worth reading. Just because something is new or "fresh" doesn't mean it's good in any way. Sorry if the rest of your post is actually worth laying my eyes on.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

I stopped reading there. That's not a reason. If you think that's a reason, the rest of your post isn't worth reading. Just because something is new or "fresh" doesn't mean it's good in any way. Sorry if the rest of your post is actually worth laying my eyes on.

The map being different than the usual doesn't mean it's garbage. Experience it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
yemDX wrote:

The map being different than the usual doesn't mean it's garbage. Experience it.

That doesn't make pirates a good map, for example.

Variecs wrote:

That doesn't make pirates a good map, for example.

Sure, pirates is garbage. I didn't say it made a good map, just that you guys should be more tolerant and take it a bit more seriously.

Not Luck, Just Magic.