View here
Gametype ctf
Players 4on4

ctf_dark_cloud.map
Download here
View here
Gametype ctf
Players 8on8
description firstly made for the domination mod, did i change this map to this ctf here, it has some nice ctf5-style swings and is a falling map.

ctf_duet.map
Download here
View here
Gametype ctf
Players 2on2
description this map is more a try, than a serious map. I tryed to add some asymetricals.

ctf_mayas_sky.map
Download here
View here
Gametype ctf
Players 2on2
description a small map, can be used for mods like Hammerparty.

dm_dawn.map
Download here
View here
Gametype dm / tdm
Players 2 / 4
description a balanced duel map with as much powerups as dm1.

dm_fair.map
Download here
View here
Gametype dm / tdm
Players 2 / 4
description a balanced duel map with as much powerups as dm1.

dm_shiny.map
Download here
View here
Gametype dm
Players 4 / 6
description a dm map for up to 6 people firstly made for the MDC (Map Design Competition). More info: here

tdm_kurt.map
Download here
View here
Gametype tdm / sur
Players 3on3 / 5on5
description a nice swing, and a try of mine to use maya tileset.

teetvc1_037.map
Download here
View here
Gametype ctf
Players 3on3
description this map was firstly made for the TeeTV mapping-competition.

If you find any bugs, report them here wink
thanks

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Re: [Maps] by 0

All are very nice map.

Some of them remind me of the the original maps.  smile

[+]

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

soo damn good!!! i very like bgs of dawn and teetvc!

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

thanks a lot smile
and yes they have taken a lot of time!

@AMN:
what do you think about your map which i reworked for you big_smile?
(i send you a Forum Mail)

all grate
the one i like the most is the map ctf_mayas_sky it is so little but it is good

here Solek lol
in game The Teelight smile

6 (edited by Chi11y 2009-02-23 18:49:12)

I've told myself to try to comment and give suggestions to all good mappers in this forum so no reason to don't post here.

Firstly, I have only played a few of them, so this is based on the screenshots:

Something that should be seen on many more maps here is that people actually take the time to tweak until the map is good, it's visible that you take this time, especially in the looks of the maps, which is important. A good tip is to testplay the map with a couple of good friends on a server hosted at your computer, and make small tweaks that is visible quckly in the game so you can test those small edits that makes maps really enjoyable, the dm maps seem to suffer from a little too jerky movement, I might edit this completely after playing more, but that's how it looks.

I like the dark_cloud ctf map much, because it's wellmade for the current jump and hook distances in a way that makes the map enjoyable, sometimes that can make the map too easy, but I don't feel like that is the case on this one. Also, it has an easily rememberable look, cause it doesn't look as generic as bases, as an example. It could be cause sky maps still feels kinda fresh though, I'm weak for those smile . On bases, try to make small things, areas, landmarks, weird tilings, easter eggs or whatever that makes you see "oh! it's that map with a totally random snow tile in all the grass!". this is an really extreme example, but you get the idea, make me remember the map when I play it the second time.. (;

ctf_duet is a good try on something most mappers will fail epically at: assymmetrical ctf maps. A trap that's really easy to fall into is to add the same amount of everything on both sides and just slightly change a couple of tiles. Most times that will just make an okay symmetrical ctf map unbalanced and boring. You're not really falling into that trap, but it's hard for me to see without playing it. Next time, try to make the sides even more different, it's a fun challenge that develops you.

Great work anyhow, it's just small tips in a long text, read them, ignore them and keep on mapping! smile I might return when I have played more of them.

EDIT: omg, this text got alot longer than I thought. It's not that intresting all of it but oh well.. ._.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y wrote:

Something that should be seen on many more maps here is that people actually take the time to tweak until the map is good, it's visible that you take this time, especially in the looks of the maps, which is important. A good tip is to testplay the map with a couple of good friends on a server hosted at your computer, and make small tweaks that is visible quckly in the game so you can test those small edits that makes maps really enjoyable, the dm maps seem to suffer from a little too jerky movement, I might edit this completely after playing more, but that's how it looks.

thanks a lot smile
i always testplay the maps, yes but not always with more ppl cuz i cant make my server online (Firewall, RouterID, and so on) ctf_duet for example has only been tested by my slef and as me, amn, magnet and ubuntu testplayed it had a good gaming for the most opinions and was fluently to play, i didn't had to make any tweaks. and my dms... hm i dont know what you mean you can move quite good there.

Chi11y wrote:

I like the dark_cloud ctf map much, because it's wellmade for the current jump and hook distances in a way that makes the map enjoyable, sometimes that can make the map too easy, but I don't feel like that is the case on this one. Also, it has an easily rememberable look, cause it doesn't look as generic as bases, as an example. It could be cause sky maps still feels kinda fresh though, I'm weak for those smile . On bases, try to make small things, areas, landmarks, weird tilings, easter eggs or whatever that makes you see "oh! it's that map with a totally random snow tile in all the grass!". this is an really extreme example, but you get the idea, make me remember the map when I play it the second time.. (;

nice that you like it so much will try to add these easter eggs/deltails that make the map something special!
and you arent weak, you are right wink

Chi11y wrote:

ctf_duet is a good try on something most mappers will fail epically at: assymmetrical ctf maps. A trap that's really easy to fall into is to add the same amount of everything on both sides and just slightly change a couple of tiles. Most times that will just make an okay symmetrical ctf map unbalanced and boring. You're not really falling into that trap, but it's hard for me to see without playing it. Next time, try to make the sides even more different, it's a fun challenge that develops you.

to make the map assymetrical like this is something i tried the first time on a ctf map and that it works as good as that amazed me. Okey, by now there isnt that much assymetrical on the map (out of the trap) but at my next maps will be more assymetrical (if it fits) and btw: you dont really fall in this trap lol!

thanks for the effort, and dont be disappointed i will use your tips smile

I like these maps but will anyone host these maps?

I want to make a map but since i cant port forward so I have to rely on other peoples servers. All the user made maps i see on my teeworlds master server thing only show lost, desert camp, race maps and a couple of other horrible quality maps and I never see any good ones out there.

So where are these? I never get to play them...

anyways. Since im picky, I probably would like the dark cloud one because of how all the "land forms" are set up. Looks awesome! but i have yet to see a server with them there.

@franchan: thats right anyway, most of the people only want to play their own or any fun or race maps.. i dont know why but maybe they arent active in the forum to see the Communiy maps here ...

0³7 wrote:

@franchan: thats right anyway, most of the people only want to play their own or any fun or race maps.. i dont know why but maybe they arent active in the forum to see the Communiy maps here ...

This is correct.
We still have way too many young players who have no clue about forums, internet and so on.

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Dont you have already a Topic with your maps hmm ???

BTW You are a good mapper and I like your maps really.

thanks, bob
i didn't like the old maptopic anymore xD

update:

tdm_kurt.map
   Download here
   View here
   Gametype tdm / sur
   Players 3on3 / 5on5

Nice but its a little unbalanced because the red starts on the top and can shoot down to the blue tees. I think its better to place more of the blue spawn points higher.

bobsmiley wrote:

Nice but its a little unbalanced because the red starts on the top and can shoot down to the blue tees. I think its better to place more of the blue spawn points higher.

no, it is okay wink
the blue team can wait a litle bit in the hole and the exit of it is big enought to hook out of it while avoiding the reds lacings

0³7 wrote:

update:

tdm_kurt.map
   Download here
   View here
   Gametype tdm / sur
   Players 3on3 / 5on5

really nice map smile

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

I love your Maps like mine... they are the best.

great maps big_smile me wantz more

http://dj-nevox.de.gg/ also known as NevoX!

thank you for the nice feedback!
and at the moment i also have a few more maps in work wink
but anyway the are still would like to get hosted anyway ... so if anybody rly like them and is able to make a server, please make one with them big_smile thanks a lot!

20 (edited by Jaranero 2009-05-25 21:01:35)

Super!!! I very like your CTF maps!
ctf_dark_cloud and ctf_mayas_sky are best of them!!! smile

thanks wink

i added some small describtions!