26 (edited by RUSterrorist 2012-03-19 13:29:03)

Re: What can I do against Faker?

I never said its something bad, just unnecessary.
And still fakes would be possible i guess. stuff like l= capital i and so on. Not much but with a few still possible i guess.
But ok.
To ban them doesnt change a lot... if someone fakes you or is kidding around with bots i guess they will be smart enough to play unregistered then...so old problem will stay.
To have personal stats seems just a nice fun-feature. But nothing important, too.
Think about noobs with bots who will abuse the bots to get uberstats just to show off his stats.
And the biggest problem i think will be, that a few nubs will register a lot of accs.
Or is it possible to register with any login-datas and change name ingame?

I mean it like that: You register for example: TheKiller01 is accname and any pw.
Would your name be the same as accname? Or can you change it?
Else a few will make accnames like Magnet, Ubu, matricks and a few more...

I just want to notice again, i am not against accounts, but i am not for them too tongue

TeePhoenix <3. Great explaination.

RUSTerrorist wrote:

What do you want to protect in here with accs?...

I want to protect USERNAMES so you CANT be faked...

heinrich5991 wrote:

And what is if multiple people want the same name? First come first server is a bit unfair.

Why is it unfair? I didnt changed my nickname for years (uhm, last time I played Kotek ;D just for fun) Its very fair when everyone can count his stats. Add option to 0 stats, so you can start "again"...

And again vote down as much as u can, I want to have less than -100 this week.

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

1. To ban them doesnt change a lot... if someone fakes you or is kidding around with bots i guess they will be smart enough to play unregistered then...so old problem will stay.
- It wont stay. Make it you cant join some servers unregistred.

2. To have personal stats seems just a nice fun-feature. But nothing important, too.
- One look at some1 stats and you know if he is pro. Better team balance?

3. Think about noobs with bots who will abuse the bots to get uberstats just to show off his stats.
- Unregistred playing = no registred stats.
- Registred botting = acc ban/stat reset.

4. And the biggest problem i think will be, that a few nubs will register a lot of accs.
- Enter email to register and captcha to prevent bots.
- Limit the registration from ip to 2/48 hrs, for example.
- A bit impossible, but smart and safe: Make installer that puts your computer tee-id in registry, so then you have 1 computer = 1 acc.

5. Or is it possible to register with any login-datas and change name ingame?
- Best way - first login is ur ingame nickname. Then you can change it, but when you look at player info you see: "also known as: xxx, matricks, Ubu, Magnet". You cant change it to any REGISTRED name.

Anything more? Im ready.

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

29 (edited by Dune 2012-03-21 19:15:04)

that awesome Dune wrote:

It's a plus, you would be able to see who is authentified on one nick for instance (for what I've understood).

Although you will not be able to reserve any name, you would see which one is authenticated on his nickname.
There will be NO RESERVATION.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Okay... now the best you can do is to change your name to some weird letters like ᕠ, and build out of that letters your normal tw name. So now the "noob-fakers" won't fake you annymore, because they are too lazy to fake that letters ^^
If you don't like "weird" letters... Good luck smile

kittyPL wrote:

1. To ban them doesnt change a lot... if someone fakes you or is kidding around with bots i guess they will be smart enough to play unregistered then...so old problem will stay.
- It wont stay. Make it you cant join some servers unregistred.

That's exactly the wrong thing to do, I fear that this will happen when registering comes, that's why I am against the ability to register in the first place.

kittyPL wrote:

2. To have personal stats seems just a nice fun-feature. But nothing important, too.
- One look at some1 stats and you know if he is pro. Better team balance?

First of all: How would you collect stats? Trusted server, trusted client? Bad idea. And then, how would the stats of a player give you an idea on whether he is a pro or not? Campers and defenders usually have better stats than people who attack.

kittyPL wrote:

3. Think about noobs with bots who will abuse the bots to get uberstats just to show off his stats.
- Unregistred playing = no registred stats.
- Registred botting = acc ban/stat reset.

Haven't seen vanilla botting so far, insta botting won't be banned as long as it doesn't become an official gametype.

kittyPL wrote:

4. And the biggest problem i think will be, that a few nubs will register a lot of accs.
- Enter email to register and captcha to prevent bots.
- Limit the registration from ip to 2/48 hrs, for example.
- A bit impossible, but smart and safe: Make installer that puts your computer tee-id in registry, so then you have 1 computer = 1 acc.

Enter email to register - easy to bypass
captcha to prevent bots - simply write a script that does everything except the captcha for you
limit the registration to ip - people tend to have dynamic ip, will only take longer to get some more accounts
a bit impossible and not smart and not safe - the client is open source, anyone can change it

kittyPL wrote:

5. Or is it possible to register with any login-datas and change name ingame?
- Best way - first login is ur ingame nickname. Then you can change it, but when you look at player info you see: "also known as: xxx, matricks, Ubu, Magnet". You cant change it to any REGISTRED name.

This won't happen. Period.

32 (edited by Shit 2012-04-21 00:02:49)

DarkDragon wrote:

Hello TW-Player. You maybe know it. You are a good player. You hate botter. You are a perfect player. You never have botting, or play with some cheats and you play fair. But then you have a Faker and he is botting. Now everyone thinks that you are botting. Now how can you handle?

I am TW-Player and was faked by a botter. You maybe know the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cWHImObB8

Now everyone things that I am botting, now some guys come to me and call me botter. I know who the faker is, but no one believe me. What can I do against the botter? And btw. I have a Linux PC, I can't use any bots.

(The faker is the person who I called as Botter and Noob. Now he want to revenge.)

next time this happens too you, try to not give a fuck!
or......try self-criticism. in this case i would follow these instructions:

1) put yourself in his position. ask yourself: why is this guy faking me, and what is he trying too accomplish?
    and why was he botting in the first place? - based on your post, i would guess he is faking/trolling you becouse
    you are above-average sensitive. you are feeding his state of mind by giving a fuck. this guy was most likely
    botting becouse he was bored, but now you are entertaining him by being a tee....(not to be rude)

2) what can i do to make him stop? its easy. dont give a fuck. if this doesnt help, play along until he is bored of
    of you, or, last but not less brilliant: leave the server!!

now, i wanna finish this off by sharing my opinion, and i will try to be strictly constructive with my feedback.
you are the problem. not him!