Topic: What can I do against Faker?

Hello TW-Player. You maybe know it. You are a good player. You hate botter. You are a perfect player. You never have botting, or play with some cheats and you play fair. But then you have a Faker and he is botting. Now everyone thinks that you are botting. Now how can you handle?

I am TW-Player and was faked by a botter. You maybe know the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cWHImObB8

Now everyone things that I am botting, now some guys come to me and call me botter. I know who the faker is, but no one believe me. What can I do against the botter? And btw. I have a Linux PC, I can't use any bots.

(The faker is the person who I called as Botter and Noob. Now he want to revenge.)

Re: What can I do against Faker?

There's nothing more you can do than telling people who accuse you of cheating what you told us. There is no way to "reserve" a nickname. If you want to join servers wearing my nick and say trash with it, there's absolutely nothing that prevent you from doing so.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

DarkDragon wrote:

Hello TW-Player. You maybe know it. You are a good player. You hate botter. You are a perfect player. You never have botting, or play with some cheats and you play fair. But then you have a Faker and he is botting. Now everyone thinks that you are botting. Now how can you handle?

I am TW-Player and was faked by a botter. You maybe know the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cWHImObB8

Basically, you can't do nothing, everyone can pick a nick they want, however, you might want consider talking to your faker to make him stop.

DarkDragon wrote:

Now everyone things that I am botting, now some guys come to me and call me botter. I know who the faker is, but no one believe me. What can I do against the botter? And btw. I have a Linux PC, I can't use any bots.

It's a myth that bots don't run on linux.

DarkDragon wrote:

(The faker is the person who I called as Botter and Noob. Now he want to revenge.)

Maybe you shouldn't call other people noobs. wink

Hmm...but I hate botter! They are noobs. When they make just one Bot Kill, I wil see it and I flame them. I just flame botter!

And I really can't run bots on linux. Linux can't open exe Application and no one has written a TW-Bot for Linux.

Anyone has an idea how to solve my problem?

or

Did anyone know how to search ppl in TW with their IP?

I know the IP of my Faker. How can i find him with this IP again? Is that able to do?

Okay so let's sum it up.

You flamed some random kid on an instagib server and it turned that he used your name to disgrace you, calling you a cheater - what may not be that wrong since you tried to get some bots working on Linux.

My solution: simply ignore him. Stop tracking him, your friends should trust you, and you shouldn't care about others - and by the way this video had so few views I can't believe it could ruin your reputation (99% of Teeworlds probably never heard of you).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

You have understood me false. I never have trying to using bot in my Linux. But i know that the bots are for Windows. My Problem is not that I want to run bots on Linux.

And I just flame botter. And now the botter are botting under my Name and they uploaded it to Youtube. But the problem is that my Faker has bot on lots Server. I don't care about the video but more in TW. Because today when i played TW, 2 Players mean to me that i have botting on zcatch server. But okay I will ignore my Fakers others.

Best Way For People To Not Think YOU Are The Bot: Make a New Name. Record a Demo. In That Demo, It Has You and The Botter In The Same Map. You Post It On Your Youtube. And Then, It Shows That "You" And The Real You Are On The Same Server... And The Guy Is Shown To Be Botting Against You. Idk If It will Work, But It's My Idea Of How To Act Against a Bot.

Italic text

How would that help? That guy would still wear his name and continue botting. Besides, people ingame think he's botting and I can't imagine him always sending them the link as a proof. I don't know if I understood you right anyway...

DarkDragon: ignore him, play as usual without a bot (duh) so people see that you don't use this stuff and if people say they saw you botting, simply tell them the same thing you wrote here: that there is a faker that wants to destroy your reputation. They might or might not believe you, but you shouldn't care (until they try to kick you yikes).
Anyway, people very often kick a good non-botting player because they think he cheats (speaking of my own experience) and you simply can't prevent this. You can only hope that the majority of the players online is smart enough to recognize that you play fair and they will press F4. This is a huge, and in my opinion unsolvable problem. If they kick you, there are currently like 1000 servers that you can still join smile

Oh and next time you see a botter, don't flame him. Just call a vote to kick him or tell him to stop. You never know what kind of idiot he is.

offtopic: Chrisfield12 Why Do You Write All Words With A Capital Letter? It's Annoying And Hard To Read

LimiT wrote:

offtopic: Chrisfield12 Why Do You Write All Words With A Capital Letter? It's Annoying And Hard To Read

Because... Idk, I Can't Help It.

Italic text

10 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:31:53)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

first world problems

Just ignore him. Do not feed the trolls.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

We must wait for account system... It would be good and prevent situations like this. Although, the server might not carry it ^^

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

We must wait for account system... It would be good and prevent situations like this. Although, the server might not carry it ^^

The account system will not restrict usernames, you'll be able to choose any nick name you want.

Oh pls... I had a whole clan with fakers of me... or 2-3 clans... dont remember anymore...
just ignore it and give a fuck if others call you a bot... just say: if you want to believe that i am a botter believe in it... dont give any attention to the faker they will become bored...

heinrich5991 so why is it needed?

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

heinrich5991 so why is it needed?

It's a plus, you would be able to see who is authentified on one nick for instance (for what I've understood). Might also have stuff like settings stored online.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hm... Maybe using login as name is good idea? Think about it. 0 percent fakers...

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

Hm... Maybe using login as name is good idea? Think about it. 0 percent fakers...

And what is if multiple people want the same name? First come first server is a bit unfair.

19 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:31:39)

Deleted.

To make acc´s is just unnecessary ...
What do you have to protect in here?..
He wants to troll with your nick, so what?
Ignore him he gets bored its over you are happy he is sad world goes on what for Acc´s?...

21 (edited by kittyPL 2012-03-16 18:44:27)

TeePhoenix is right! Give him some beer! xD
When you are in "offline" mode you have special skin "unregistred" so its  easy to see whats going on smile

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

I like Rusterrors' idea. just ignore, hmm i am gonna trying it. but i have more then 1 faker.

And you gonna live with it? Why the hell dont you like accouts? Are here so many fakers? Maybe DarkDragon cheated and its a good excuse? Dammn, I dont understand some ppl... If you are going to ignore him like Rusterrorist said, why do you post that topic??? This answer was posted in 2 first posts... Dont you read whole topic?

Btw. Vote down this post as much as you can. My karma is going straight down becouse of noobs that dont know when to use downvote button.

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

Calm down bro.
I like accounts, but only in other games...
Here its simply unnecessary...
In other games you have smth like a storage where you have some items and things like that...
What do you want to protect in here with accs?...

25 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:30:07)

Deleted.