Re: [MOD] ZOMB 2.0

sorry for the question. when released for 0.6?

See the whole third page of this topic for that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

78 (edited by sasha8213 2011-11-07 08:08:58)

can forget about this mod sad

@Developer-Team
Whats going on with this mod for 0.6 ?
I got some Ideas for the next version, but i prefer to make my own mod, when the development got stuck, or isnt even started smile
-Money system (buy better weapons for money )
- ability to build Walls
- and a better movement (not that good, they are zombies, but even zombies are able to move a little bit better i think^^)

80 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-11-14 17:11:31)

Contact Lord via mail. I guess he isn't actively looking around here anymore. And he is the one (currently?) developing zomb mod.

Btw, i guess, the current zomb mod is great how it is. There is no need for a buy-system or laser walls. Zomb should be as "vanilla-like" as possible. Also laser walls prevent the player from real fighting, because you can easily trap the zombies within the current maps, because they spawn at one single place (at both sides of course). And then two laser walls could do everything for you.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

u will be able to configure these options of course and the walls are destroyable smile

Patafix wrote:

u will be able to configure these options of course and the walls are destroyable smile

Ruin this mod if you wish, it's not our matter.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I've got skins in my skins folder, I've got maps in my dowloadedmaps folder (or should I put them just in maps folder?) I've got zomb.srv (mod) in my teeworlds folder what is next step to host this? Please tell me

SOKOL_TOMA_007

SOKOL_TOMA_007 wrote:

I've got skins in my skins folder, I've got maps in my dowloadedmaps folder (or should I put them just in maps folder?) I've got zomb.srv (mod) in my teeworlds folder what is next step to host this? Please tell me

It's like for any other server, double click the binaries. For more advanced things like setting up a config or troubleshooting, look here

Not Luck, Just Magic.

85 (edited by 2011-11-15 21:59:44)

I don't get you can you be more specific? I have to change something in my autoexec.cfg? If so, what do I have to change? PLEASE HELP I WANNA PLAY THIS SOOO BADLY sad

Ok I just got maps and mod to work (even though when I see my server in server list it says that it's DM? :L ) what's with that #wave 1 10 0 0 0 thing?

SOKOL_TOMA_007

SOKOL_TOMA_007 wrote:

Ok I just got maps and mod to work (even though when I see my server in server list it says that it's DM? :L ) what's with that #wave 1 10 0 0 0 thing?

It describes the waves of zombies that are spawning, but you don't need to modify this.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

87 (edited by 2011-11-16 11:50:38)

Ok I managed to host my zombie server but no zombies show up why?

Ok this is the problem: I open up autoexec.cfg and put sv_gametype zomb or zsurv and sv_map zomb_arid and open up TEEWORLDS_SRV.exe NOT zomb_srv.exe and it shows my server and when I join it's only DM on zomb_arid map sad Then I close my teeworlds_srv.exe and open up zomb_srv.exe with same settings in autoexec.cfg and it says that server is working just fine and I try to find it on internet/LAN/favorite lists and I can't find it anywhere sad PLEASE help me guys I have to play this with my friends sad

EDIT: I've found 1 problem when I try to host ZOMB 2.0 server

[4ec38525][engine/mastersrv]: warning: couldn't parse master server 'master1.teeworlds.com '

I'm beaging you PLEASE, PLEASE help me with this ASAP sad

This is what I get when I try to join MANUALLY via my IP address: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt19 … roblem.jpg

SOKOL_TOMA_007

This zombie mod is still for 0.5, so you need to join it with a 0.5 client. Besides, I believe it's /start to start a zombie wave.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I've sort everything now! smile Got my infection server on 0.6 and my zombie server on 0.5! Thanks guys! smile

SOKOL_TOMA_007

Hi,

I'm using Zomb 2.0 mod and it is really great, however I'd want to play it with more than 3 friends and this mod seems to be limited to 4 players and I just don't understand why?? The sv_max_clients and sv_spectator_slots doen't seems to have any effect on this.

Tabass wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Zomb 2.0 mod and it is really great, however I'd want to play it with more than 3 friends and this mod seems to be limited to 4 players and I just don't understand why?? The sv_max_clients and sv_spectator_slots doen't seems to have any effect on this.

The mod limits the clients to 4 because Teeworlds does not support more than 16 characters, and the zombie mod is using 12 zombie characters.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dunedune, will you release the source code of ZOMB 2.0?

Thanks!

John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

-> I'm not the one to decide this
-> Lord won't, unless he refactors the mod.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune, Its possible to have more than 16 players. Look at XXLDDrace or DDRace64. There was even try to do DDRace128. You jusst need to send the 15 CLOSEST players to the client tongue Its quite easy, i think smile Who should I ask for source? I think that releasing src to public ist good idea, you know how many bots would be created?

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

Dune, Its possible to have more than 16 players. Look at XXLDDrace or DDRace64. There was even try to do DDRace128. You jusst need to send the 15 CLOSEST players to the client tongue Its quite easy, i think smile

Putting 64 players in such a tiny 2D world is a f*cking aberration. This mod tends to have a balanced gameplay, and no sensed player would ruin it for that kind of freakiness.

kittyPL wrote:

Who should I ask for source? I think that releasing src to public ist good idea, you know how many bots would be created?

Firstly, consider the source as lost. Secondly, what the heck is that fear of bots everytime a mod with an AI is released? The bots you're talking about are client side, this modification is server side.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

96 (edited by kittyPL 2012-03-11 13:50:19)

Well, changing the serverbots to clientbot with ready AI is just a question of time. Why dont you like 64+ players? 16 human, 48 bots. Dammn good on big maps.

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

Well, changing the serverbots to clientbot with ready AI is just a question of time. Why dont you like 64+ players? 16 human, 48 bots. Dammn good on big maps.

In a nutshell: chaotic. No map can be big enough to really handle 64 characters.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

You must be kidding :> 200x200 is big enough for 64! dammn, maybe deathmatch with 64 is not a good idea, but when you make 8 players and 24 bots... You see people want more bots and more players!

PS. and please dont downvote my posts only becouse you dont like it smile

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

Dune wrote:

No map can be big enough to really handle 64 characters.

Which... Is why People Start Making New maps For New Amounts Of People? tongue Like... I Don't Know... By Using The Handy Mapper Feature Teeworlds Has?

Italic text

Eliminated irrelevant posts. /Kottizen