Topic: 0.7 winter main tiles will be reorganized

Bad news for mappers who map manually and do not use the new automapper feature.
Good news for mappers who use it.

New winter tiles will be shipped with 0.7. smile As the amount of space in the tileset is quite small I do have to reorganize them. sad You have my word that I try to move as few tiles as possible.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: 0.7 winter main tiles will be reorganized

Arrrrgh... big_smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Maybe someone could try to create a converter using the Teeworlds Map Libraray, so mappers don't have to remap their maps.

Do whatever you need to do, Landil. It isn't that hard to memorize the new positions of titles.
I'm just happy new improvements are always being thought of and implemented. smile

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Is there something like a >tile helper< ?
I mean, "tile 1:" draw / add an image and then when you save it, its a tileset at all (bounded all the tiles).

powachill4 wrote:

Is there something like a >tile helper< ?
I mean, "tile 1:" draw / add an image and then when you save it, its a tileset at all (bounded all the tiles).

Sorry, I do not get you. Can you please paraphrase your description?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

A program where you can add up to 256 tiles and edit every one and collect them and all that..
And then you can click a button: "Put all into tileset", and that creates a 1024x1024 png file with ALL TILES in it you selected. :]
And optionally you can make some checkboxes with dilate and tilesetborderfix.

Greeez, powachill
(sorry for my bad english)

powachill4 wrote:

A program where you can add up to 256 tiles and edit every one and collect them and all that..
And then you can click a button: "Put all into tileset", and that creates a 1024x1024 png file with ALL TILES in it you selected. :]
And optionally you can make some checkboxes with dilate and tilesetborderfix.

Greeez, powachill
(sorry for my bad english)

As far as I know there is not anything like that and we are not planning to do anything like that.

Hmm.. Because its problematic to know if my tile is 64x64 and i have to check that all and thats a bit complicated. hmm
And boring.. So i hoped for that tool for months... And now my dream is gone.. ;( (just kidding with that dream, but would be great if you can do thit anyways^^)

What's the automapper thingy that Landil said in the first post? Is it gonna be part of 0.7 or is it already part of 0.6? I have never heard about it.

It is already implemented.
Here you have a tutorial

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Wow! The automapper is so cool! I have no idea how to use it, but it's still so cool! Thanks for the link.