Topic: Previous ctf4 version re-released as community map ctf_classic4

As most of you probably have found out by now, 0.6.0 meant some pretty big map changes, especially for ctf4. The map was basicly rebuilt from the ground up to make it more balanced for vanilla gameplay and more unique. Of course, it's never an easy decision to replace official maps, but it was needed: We now have an excellent 4on4 CTF map shipping.

While I obviously hope that you are enjoying the 0.6.0 version of ctf4, we're aknowledging the fact that - especially the instagib mod community - were very fond of the previous version. Because of this, me, Pocram and Landil has ported the old map to 0.6.0, giving it a sweet graphical refresh. As this map is no longer an official map, we ask you to not call this map ctf4, but instead use the new name: ctf_classic4. This is to avoid future confusion and to make sure the ctfx naming convention stays exclusive for official maps.

You can find it here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7773

---

As lead map developer I'd also like to take the opportunity and thank the people who was involved in the mapping changes in 0.6.0:

• Lord

• Steph

• szyker

• Ubu

Also, I'd like to thank Pocram, who has done pretty much all of the tiling for 0.6.0, making sure the new tilesets have been used to their fullest potential! smile

Now, let's go for an awesome 0.7!

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Re: Previous ctf4 version re-released as community map ctf_classic4

YES! Some people will be very glad smile

Chi11y wrote:

Now,let's go for an awesome 0.7!

But first 0.6.1 and 0.6.2 smile

Once in a century...

I have never been a big fan of ctf_classic4, but will definitely be giving it another shot, now that it has been "eye-candy-ified." I cannot wait for more versions of teeworlds as well, but am content with the current one. For now, let's just play the new maps we've been given! Might throw up a server with this map on it, or just add it as a vote on my server.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

great gyus good work to everyone big_smile

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

5 (edited by Landil 2011-06-19 22:16:52)

please write in English, this is an international forum! // Landil

6 (edited by Blue 2011-06-19 19:24:56)

@wolfstochter98 You'll get a PM in 5 minutes. Generally, please do only use English in this forum.

Ger: Du bekommst in etwa 5 min eine private Nachricht. Bitte benutze hier keine andere Sprache als Englisch. .

void ..

7 (edited by compac 2014-12-22 06:47:36)

I'm sorry, but a lot of things are wrong : Source of tileset must be Testking 642-747 dumps
released, dev must accept mods and accept change that break vanilla gameplay, or add new mods for this kind of changes. Every proposal must be accepted with enthousiasm and stop saying "not needed".

Warning: do not dig up 3-years-old threads. // Dune