Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Eeehhh...I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying. So it's a place you can go in any maps were you can see everything in the map without moving the screen?

Do you know Counter Strike Source? Or any other FPS games...
Take them as an example. In CTF or TDM gametype, you have a sort of "radar", circle or a small map, where you can see some points that are your team-mates.
This is good, for teams, to cover all strategic point of the maps, or for support flaggers and so on. It's a nice idea, I think it's not so hard to code, but it's not so necessary for Teeworlds. Yeah, it's cool, but it's not a priority.

To add to your idea: show flags.
To leave to your idea: show enemies. It's not possible at it will be an unfair advantage.

By the way, since Teeworlds's players position system, you can only detect players that are in a view range or just a bit more (but you can see flags everytime and averywhere). So, the best coded radar could be one that see your mates not so far from you.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

yes...that's what i want to say...but my english isn't very good big_smile ...yeah, i mean a radar...thx lanta

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

128 (edited by Stripe 2009-12-10 18:16:17)

no it would be a radar like in counterstrike there you see your teammates smile

i think this idea is not bad tongue

edit: they were faster... sad

129 (edited by DøñE 2009-12-10 18:45:28)

Ok...My Bro has a second idea...

How about a piece of artillery which stands solid in your own base. every Team has one of it. You can jump into it and out of it.
If you "join" the artillery the screen is zooming out and you can see about the 2x of the normal screen.  The laser is about the 2x length of the normal laser but thinner.
The objective tube moves slowly so you need a little bit more time to aim.
After about 1min you where throw out of the artillery so that another guy can jump onto it.
So that you cant sit all the time on the artillery.

Its of course for ctf big_smile

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

@Radar idea, TeeCrash was doing it, and everyone said it was "unfair" and "cheating"

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

@Radar idea, TeeCrash was doing it, and everyone said it was "unfair" and "cheating"

Agree. But one thing we could do is see the radar of where own teammates are, but not the apposing team.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

ELO~281 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I think I have a good idea. I think it will be good to have a little map in the right up edge where you can see all other Tees which are colored like the teams. I think its a good idea...

I don't think it's a good idea because it would take the fun out of the game if you could see exactly where the other players are. If it was supposed to be like that, they had made it a fixed-view game.
The only thing i could fancy with would be a map without the other players displayed.

Haaa-hiyahaaa-poooo-hiya!!! mad

yes...i thought too, without the other players...only with the flags and the players of the own team...and its like a radar, so you cant see the complet map...

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

Hi!

I have another suggestion:

What about a kind of rcon-spam-protection?!.

So, if a user has a specified number of failed login attempts, he will be banned.
This would make it more difficult to hack the rcon password using bruteforce methods.

when the next version will appear for download???
other ideas:
- vehicles to use
- something like an MG  with infinite 'munition' (sorry dont know munition in English) but it could explode if you shot to long
- better sniping points where the name dissapears ??

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

136 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-12 17:59:56)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Agree. But one thing we could do is see the radar of where own teammates are, but not the apposing team.

I remember the TeeCrash project.
I can say for sure, the radar is not cheating (and by the way, if official, all will have it). It will be like enable the dynamic camera, without enable it tongue
You will predict that an enemy is arriving without seeing him, but you won't know his perfect position...
A mini-map is not a good idea... but a circle radar like this...
http://img.tee-city.net/images/2009121216.png
It will sow only team-mates and flags.
For teammates, a team-colored circle.
For the team flag, a square.
The circle or the square dimension may change due to the distance. Mates inside the circle, won't be indicated.

For the radar circle... could be used the cl_mouse_max_distance value, since it's already used for the mouse max distance. If a player got dyncam enabled, the radar would be turned off.

PS: i've made the gaphics with paint... i know it's horrible... the final radar could be something more tee-ish.

Having flags on that radar would make things easier...

All the info you usually have:

- Flag is at the base;
- Flag is moving around with flagcarrier;
- Flag is somewhere in the map (after death of flagcarrier).

If flags were on that radar:

- Flagcarrier (enemy) would show at the radar (?)
- Dropped flags would be easily located.

I think that's too much info and takes out the fun and techniques.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Maybe seeing only your team's flag position would be fair enough, Slinack?

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Slinack wrote:

Having flags on that radar would make things easier...

All the info you usually have:

- Flag is at the base;
- Flag is moving around with flagcarrier;
- Flag is somewhere in the map (after death of flagcarrier).

If flags were on that radar:

- Dropped flags would be easily located.

I think that's too much info and takes out the fun and techniques.

I agree with you, no flags or such things on the map. It would take fun of finding your own flag before the opponents do. This would kill the whole gameplay and tactics...

Haaa-hiyahaaa-poooo-hiya!!! mad

Slinack wrote:

Lanta wrote:

For the team flag, a square.

Team flag is not enemy flag. You will see only where is your flag, and not always, only when you are near to it.

i have an idea too tongue

a ingame gamskin changer.

there is a folder Gameskins there you put your gameskins and ingame you can change the gameskin tongue like skins

Stripe wrote:

i have an idea too tongue

a ingame gamskin changer.

there is a folder Gameskins there you put your gameskins and ingame you can change the gameskin tongue like skins

Hum, I don't see why not..

If it can be done with Teeskins, why not gameskins?

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yeah tongue because there are so many gameskins and you cant play with all of it, because everytime you have to quit teeworlds and put the game.png in data folder.

But if you can put all in one folder you dont have to quit tongue

Stripe

I'd really appreciate, if you add these functions to the editor:
Map Editor patch by Schmafoo

I've accidentally overwritten the file with the new 0.5.2 version of Teeworlds and the link to the old editor is broken..
The editor was far better with this patch, so could you please add these functions to the editor, soon? smile

If Schmafoo reads this, why don't you create a new executable for 0.5.2? :3

» Use the Search-Function before asking questions!

The option to pass the flag in CTF without having to kill yourself.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

146 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-20 22:44:55)

Zeratul wrote:
Bee wrote:

The option to pass the flag in CTF without having to kill yourself.

to drop the flag?! think it doesnt make sense ö.Ö

It makes sense... and it's possible in many other games too. Like the ability to drop a weapon, let teammates take it.

A new feature that allows you to download graphics for mods. So that for those that want to make more complicated mods will look better with the custom graphics. It would be similar to downloading a map with costom tile-sets only it's for the mod, not the map. smile

yes...but when i now load more than 1000 kbits i get an error message

to weak connection...

and when now a mod dev put there a new game.png particles ...you have to load more than 2mb i think...

for me it would be frustrating to download every time over 2mb and i have to wait more than 5 min.

but its a good idea tongue

149 (edited by buffer[] 2009-12-21 11:27:42)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

A new feature that allows you to download graphics for mods. So that for those that want to make more complicated mods will look better with the custom graphics. It would be similar to downloading a map with costom tile-sets only it's for the mod, not the map. smile

Maybe you got some good examples, but it's gonna be a mess.
Like funny people showing X images, etc.
Moreover, when you'll got those graphics, if you want to use them, that's means extra protocol.

Anyway, for the maps downloading, I'm trying things, but mostly the biggest maps are maps where tileset are embedded, even if those are grass_main, etc.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

An integrated software-based anti-flood system, preventing DOS attacks. http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 818#p56818
If a same IP query the server more than N times a minute, ban.

I know, that could be done by server hoster using a firewall. But, tell me, how many server hoster are doing that?