1 (edited by kaddy 2009-12-15 20:36:49)

Topic: [QUIZ] New Z-Team Pack - help us to develop it!

We're developing new teeworlds client mod, and so... please answer our questions, even if you're not playing teeworlds with Z-Pack.

1. Which teeworlds client you're using to play? (standart, Z-Pack, TDTW, TeeComp etc.)
2. Why you're using this client? What features are the most important for you?
3. Do you think, is IRC need to be in client? IRC is internet chat. If it will be in teeworlds, you will get access to the chat from teeworlds and internet both.
4. What not so big modifications you want to see? Please, don't write anything that need to change all source code - write something that will be small, cute and useful for all. And no cheats, of course!

Thank you!

Re: [QUIZ] New Z-Team Pack - help us to develop it!

1. i have pretty much clients in my teeworlds order, and i use sometimes that, sometimes that, but mostly z-pack wink

2. The design is very nice, and you can use more than 250 skins, (i made a pack with >400 for our clan)

3. maybe stupid quesion...  but what is IRC again? a global chat?

- ingame gameskin changer
- with the spectator zoom you have a pretty nice overlook, and the following-system of teecomp is also very helpfull
- auto-rejoin in server... i know you will remove it, but i rlly like it
- like in teecomp from edgecrusher: join into another server, while you are already in a server
- if its possible again "new" anti-bot version, that hacker needs more time to hack... hopefully hack not
- own changeable/modifiable scoreboard
- nice background in menu
- some things of tdtw hmm xD
- dm skins for ctf-games (client pack)

- all in all there are a lot helpfull things which are needed or are already in some clients... but i think you'll get it wink

wrrr* have to learn more english again xD

3 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-16 16:51:30)

1) Zpack.
2) I've tried all the mod client avaiable. I love them all, expecially the new TeeComp. I still use Zpack because I love the "reconnect" function and the script system. Nothing more, but I wanna see more improvements.
3) YES YES and YES. And maybe Mumble client too... would be awesome.
4) Just some ideas: best new function from TeeComp / Beep chat funcion of Sushi pack / radar idea from "ideas for next version" thread. Spectators function like follow and zoom (like now, changing background color to something better). Quake sounds if broadcasted or server chat message are saying "killing spree" or "rampage" or something similar. Maybe with sample sound, to not break copyright, then we could replce them tongue
I like your work, keep goin' on wink

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

-TeeComp ( Hud Client from Sushi while recording the replay of the demos)
- First mod Client out there + Update is even more awsum
-Teamcolor/ generally Color changes, Spec follow mode , Auto demorecord , Advanced Statboards.
No not needed. I wanna play the game and not chat.I hate those ppl abusing servers just for chatting and keep other players away by keeping a spot.
Well in this case it would be an advantage but in the end too less ppl would use the function.

- Mute function ( hate those chat spammers )
- cuter background ( maybe an image of one of the offical maps and then go from one corner to another place adn then switch)
- Dunno if this much work but kinda Medal System maybe like in quake
you get medals for different Achievments ( obvious or tongue )
Examples:
Excellent: make two frags within 5 secs, Frags: make 50 frags, Hammertime: make a hammerfrag, Bombing Freak : Make 20 frags with grenade launcher, Flakmonkey: Make 20 frags with shotgun, Eagleseye: Make 20 frags with Laser, Iron Hammer: Make 15 frags with hammer,....

5 (edited by unlimreal 2009-12-15 22:29:09)

1. Teeworlds Client Pack (by Sushi)
2. Beep mod (by sushi, a special chat-sound and color if someone writes for example "unlim"), Automatic endgame screenshot and auto demo recording, demo of the best time (race-maps), Client-Id in scoreboard (useful for admins), Anti-Rainbow, colored name plates (Teecomp) and also HUD-Mod for demo recording while replay.
3. I think it's not needed. Something like ts or mumble maybe but those people who want can join the irc channel seperate.
4. -ingame server browser
-the things under 2. of the client pack
-demo cutting function (?)

I don't know exactly if some of this things are implemented yet because I only used z-pack a short time.

unlim

kaddy wrote:

We're developing new teeworlds client mod, and so... please answer our questions, even if you're not playing teeworlds with Z-Pack.

1. Which teeworlds client you're using to play? (standart, Z-Pack, TDTW, TeeComp etc.)
2. Why you're using this client? What features are the most important for you?
3. Do you think, is IRC need to be in client? IRC is internet chat. If it will be in teeworlds, you will get access to the chat from teeworlds and internet both.
4. What not so big modifications you want to see? Please, don't write anything that need to change all source code - write something that will be small, cute and useful for all. And no cheats, of course!

Thank you!

1. Client pack
2. "Show ghost" feature, and the features most important to me are what I said before, and being able to edit the hud
3. It might be useful to some, but other than that people can just use an IRC client.
4. "Show ghost" on the client pack

Ex-King of Teeworlds

1. Client pack by Sushi Tee.
2. Because we can change many features like teamcolor, flag, etc.
3. No. It would be too big.
4. I don't know. Maybe look at other posts and take inspiration about them smile

Mouny

1. im using my own client
2. hmm actually i dont need all those features... only important thing is spec following from teecomp and "antirainbow" ^^
3. a clear NO!!
4. dunno

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Seriously, try to get as many clean patches as possible and submit them for inclusion in mainline teeworlds. This way you will help teeworlds development and will not fragment the community with different (and some times incompatible) client version.

Just my 0.02€ smile

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

Thank you all smile
But can you post only quiz answers? ^^

I'll use svn for developing, so there will be many small patches smile But i think that nobody will include it to the mainstream =/

Hi there,

A few comments.

1) Since TW is currently being refactored, it would make sense to wait for the refactoring to be complete (that is, very soon) before starting anything time-consuming. This time if your patches are clean, we could commit them to the official client (and improve the backing server-side features, like providing stats since game start).

2) I don't download / test the alternative clients out there, but one thing for sure, some features (including the auto -reconnect) don't seem legit to me (any I consider server polling option to be illegitimate and a disrespect to server admins) and I will gladly remove the download links to any client harboring those features. If the current Z-Pack provides it, I will remove the link now.

3) There's also the fact that the scripting feature itself seems to provide a way to use variables about a tee status (and making bind with current health / shields) that is very much cheating.

If you make those features available, don't post the client here. I can't do anything about it if it's on your forum, but at least mods provided here should be legit (as for people using those cheating clients, it's tricky for admins to ban them from their servers, I'm afraid the only solution is banning Russia altogether since Russian players are almost all using that client and they're the almost only ones wink).

Cheating is not only providing aimbots / wall-hacks whatsoever, it's also providing more than the official client does as far as gameplay is concerned, because it provides everything that is fair already.

So there are two kinds of things I'll remove:
- Non-cheating features that are abusing resources (auto rejoin, auto join when free slot), removing fairness (auto vote yes), distracting gameplay (rainbow colors).
- Cheating features that provide an advantage however slight it might be (minimap, in-game zooming out, team colored projectiles, scripting that provides descriptive variables about the current game, and of course all forms of auto-aiming, etc).

You are free to post a modded client that does not infringe here or do whatever you want elsewhere and tell your potential users that they may get banned from servers who actually enforce rules about cheaters.

I'd appreciate if anyone can point to me which clients currently available on the forum are infringing. The only alternative one that I tested is Teecomp (official version. Stats & following spectators are OK) and I don't see anything infringing.

Finally, I'd like to add that if you provide your patches in the official client, you can have other people checking the legitimacy of the features and thus discard anything that is wrong smile.

1) Client Pack by Sushi
2) Includes: Anti Spamm - Anti Rainbow - shows id in scoreboard (usefull as admin) - has teecomp included.
3) I dont think I would need it - but if u could turn it off if the people get too annoying it would probably be okay.
4) Maybe a funktion that colours default tees to a random colour (in none team gametypes) since its distracting if too many people run around with the same (default) colour.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

13 (edited by HipHopBlond 2009-12-21 16:31:47)

1) Z-Mod!

2) It has all I Need + a best scoreboard, and automatic reconnect function (only serious adds)! 

3) YOU CRAZY??? Off-course, you can't remove it! But you can add an option to do that wink

4)
- Anti-Bot Protection.
- Anti-Spam Protection.
- Anti-Rainbow protection.
- Auto-Rejoin.   
- Spree Messages  - 5, 8, 10, 13, and 15 kills -> Monster Kill, Killing Spree, Unstoppable, Ram Page, God Like (Example).
- Sushi's Beep Chat System. (From Client-Pack)
- Spl0k's Speed Calculator. (From Client-Pack)
- Chat - On/Off Setting.
- Exact Colors - Black, White, Red, etc...
- Demo Cutting.
- Hearts, Shields, Bullets for different weapons statics on the left up corner. (seen it somewhere)
- Some More Filters.
- Try a better Font.

5) What you should keep!

- The Background - Or even make it better.
- The Scoreboard - Probably the best Scoreboard EVER.
- The 1 on 1 Scores - Down Right Corner.

Settings you should keep!

- Default Skin Only.
- New Background + Choice of which.
- New Detailed Scoreboard.
- Auto Demo Recording.
- Auto End Game Screenshot.

Render all your settings, away from others under your own tab named Z-team.

Let this Ultimate Z-mod be ready for download when the new TW version is ready for download!

Knock 'em out B smile

Your Buddy: Hip-Hop_BLOND \\//

Please listen, if you dont see how such a feature is abusive you fail. All you want from this feature is to join a full server ASAP, which is a selfish and childish act and behaviour. You fail to see that if there are 10 others people like you using this feature on the same server at the same time ( which can easily happen with ~1000 players at the same time ) the server will be flooded, making it more laggy for the players playing. It was told 1000 times that this is a WRONG feature, yet you keep bitching at poor Magnet for doing his job.

Please try to keep things civil and do not discuss moderation in public. // ~{MS}~ Azon

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

15 (edited by HipHopBlond 2009-12-21 16:29:17)

Yeah mb you have a point there, but ain't there a way to avoid this by putting in the next version (talking bout the next version of the official client) a notification to the admin, so when the admin sees it, he decides what is best to do with that IP?

Well mb it's gonna be a laugh you know: Banned before even got in the server xD, but still think about it.

16 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-21 16:49:44)

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Yeah mb you have a point there, but ain't there a way to avoid this by putting in the next version (talking bout the next version of the official client) a notification to the admin, so when the admin sees it, he decides what is best to do with that IP?

Well mb it's gonna be a laugh you know: Banned before even got in the server xD, but still think about it.

No, maybe instead of ban, could be useful an anti-DOS software-based system. Less server stress = less lag = more fun.
I know this should be done by server hoster using a firewall... but if developers get angry about this auto-join feature... let's code it. I think it's not hard. If a IP query the server more than N times in a minute, ban.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

It's quiz, not discussion -_- But okay.
> Less server stress = less lag = more fun.
Do you know, that auto-join feature better that "refresh" button? For example, you very-very want to join some server. If you're pressing "refresh" every second (as many players), then:
1. client asked masterserver for server list
2. client asked every server for information about server
Every if you'll refresh not full serverlist, but only favorite servers list, you ask server for info.
But if you're using auto-join feature, your game client will try to connect to the server. And that's all! You don't stress masterserver and all servers in list. Traffic is less than if you're get server info.
Of course, you can press "connect" button and don't press "refresh". But it will be same as auto-join smile
I don't know how to explain you, Magnet and Rajh that it's not cheating, abusing, spamming, dos-attacking feature. I think, that it's useful feature.
Also i don't know why providing info about tee status to the scripts is cheating. But... Magnet, will it be okay if info about _your_ tee and only some info about other tees (such as nickname, skin, team) will be provided to the scripts? I mean, for example, scripts can get info about your position, but not about position of other players or flags.

But if you're using auto-join feature, your game client will try to connect to the server. And that's all! You don't stress masterserver and all servers in list. Traffic is less than if you're get server info.

Yeah, sure, for one time.
But auto-join flood the server each x second, and at a quite higher rate than any human looking for a server.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

kaddy wrote:

Of course, you can press "connect" button and don't press "refresh". But it will be same as auto-join smile

No, because as you said, you have to press connect; autojoin is automatic, so you can go afk and it will still try to join. And you can enter a server and take a slot while you're still afk.

There's just no need for this feature since players can simply click.

About the masterserv flood, this is already mitigated when players use the favourite list which doesnt query the master servers. Also, the masterservers don't host game servers so it's less of a problem.

kaddy wrote:

Also i don't know why providing info about tee status to the scripts is cheating. But... Magnet, will it be okay if info about _your_ tee and only some info about other tees (such as nickname, skin, team) will be provided to the scripts? I mean, for example, scripts can get info about your position, but not about position of other players or flags.

If you can make a bind with the scripts, say "Hey my position is a,b I have X hp and Y shields" then you provide competitive advantage, since in one key you provide more information than it is currently possible by typing or talking using voice chat. If we provide that feature in the official client later on, it will be OK because there will not be any competitive advantage anymore. As I said, the line is drawn to what is currently available in the official client.

What's more, the current official client prevents having bind for repetitive actions (for instance, firing) without user input (even if it could be better, it's not perfect now but it's better than it could be). If you were to use a general programming language for scripting (such as Lua), you would still have to disallow loops in user input to prevent some advantage to be gained.

So as I said, it seems to me that providing a real scripting backend is more hassle than it provides gains (on the client-side), and you could as well provide new commands for things that are lacking (like for instance, local user-defined variables, if-then-else conditions in bind definitions, etc).

20 (edited by jxsl13 2009-12-24 10:49:32)

i use z-team, because it has a better look, than the others
reconnect function is really good(better would be an intern ip changer ^^ <-  [XD])
it s good, because many people have often timeouts or disconnect. not everyone wants to sit in front of the pc and click every 10 secs for reconnect(because f the 10 seconds it is a fair reconnecter)
it loads maps faster down an even if the client is minisized, it loads the map

idea:
i often make maps (800kb - 1,6 mb)
i d like to test them, but because i,ve just 1024 mb ram, i cant connect to my own server
it would be very usefull if  you could make something, that i can even connect to bigger maps.
would be really useful

anti admin kick, but it isnt a mod, so  it isnt possible to make something like.

something helpful for admins
example:

you are admin and your pw is correct, so u can write into f2 console.
you write /cmdlist and a little board, like scoreboard appears, where you can left-click on the standart
vanilla-mod commands. after left-klick the command is written into the f2 console.
but if you right-click on the command, a little board with a description about the commans appears.
right- or left-click again and the board disappears.

if you write /cmdlist+  into f2 console, you can add new commans  (from mods or not standart commands)
to the standart commands.

exmple:
you write into f2 console:
/cmdlist+/sv_map /With this commans you can change the map. example: sv_map fng1c/
and then you can see this commans on the cmdlist board.
left-click on the command and there stands sv_map
and you have only to write down the name of the map.

i hofe that (its possible and) not too difficult to make

!!!!!!!! something like extern admin control would be REALLY HELPFUL
server is full, and the admin wants to do some things , but he/she cant, so he/she uses the extern admin control big_smile!!!!!!!!!
Thank you
your jxsl13 big_smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds