Re: Updated forum rules and signal system

On some forums, posts with high rankings are displayed with a different color, and the ones with negative rankings are hidden. So ordinary posts are still displayed, and the very useful ones get more attention.
By the way it would be cool to be able to choose if we want to use this hiding feature or not, I think some regulars on the forums will always expand the hidden posts...

And one more thing, I don't know if it's because of this new system, but post text take half the width of the actual post.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

Landil wrote:
Magnet wrote:

While we're talking about forum updates, would it be possible to change where the Report link is? I always end up clicking it when I want to quote someone. Wondering if I'm the only one (if so, no worries).

same happens to me! So you're not the only one.

That makes three of us big_smile

gordzo70@hotmail.com wrote:
Landil wrote:
Magnet wrote:

While we're talking about forum updates, would it be possible to change where the Report link is? I always end up clicking it when I want to quote someone. Wondering if I'm the only one (if so, no worries).

And now 4.

Could be nice if you add "buttons" with pictures! It would be easier for members/kiddies who don't speak very good english and we wouldn't click always at "Report" instead of "Quote" wink

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Just a suggestion: maybe u shouldnt hide the very first post in a topic if it gets downvoted ( liek here: http://teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2505 ), since then people may get confused if they start reading from the second posts and so on. If the first post gets downvoted it may be a sign to the mods to look at that topic to see whats going on.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

but what happens if i abuse the signal system

for example pressing the minus button in every other post and giving my posts a plus

You'll get a warning followed with some serious penalties that will limit your access to the forum. Don't try it. ~{MS}~ Azon

Maybe the whole topic shoud be invisible if the first post in the topic (the creator) is voted down? ie. stupid/already asked question ...or a gll lolkid wack map upload wink

If you report these posts they'll be closed, so there's no need to have them voted down. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name

On the subject of hiding and improvements, what should happen to quotes of hidden posts? It looks a bit odd if someone quotes something but the original isn't there.

===I take pride in my insanity!===    |    Blender3D    |    What do you think of my post? Rate it!
Admin@SuperSiliconux128:~$quantumphysics --help -mtheory -standardmodel
[quantum_physics]: segmentation fault, core dumped

Random Tee wrote:

On the subject of hiding and improvements, what should happen to quotes of hidden posts? It looks a bit odd if someone quotes something but the original isn't there.

Not really. It's just hidden, which is one mouse click away from being visible.

Hooker wrote:

Could be nice if you add "buttons" with pictures! It would be easier for members/kiddies who don't speak very good english and we wouldn't click always at "Report" instead of "Quote" wink

This can be modified/changed if you have Firefox (or a few other browsers) with the "Greasemonkey" plugin.

This website is really well "coded", so it is easy to change stuff around with Greasemonkey.

Personally though, I really like the plain text.

Hooker wrote:
gordzo70@hotmail.com wrote:
Landil wrote:

And now 4.

I have an easy soloution for this problem:
Putting the Qoute buttons beside the Ranking

Don't apologize for your English! Improve it. woerterbuch.info
I am the master of spelling: THE TEECHER ~~~ YEAH 30th Skinversary
teeyes.repage5.deteeworlds-db.com

And add buttons! wink

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

When comes the version 0.5.0. ??
Please say s.t.

ChaZerGLL wrote:

Please say s.t.

As we have told very many times, we will release it when it's done.

Somerunce wrote:
ChaZerGLL wrote:

Please say s.t.

As we have told very many times, we will release it when it's done.

I already did this question sometimes and now I think the perfect answer is:
ASAP.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud