1 (edited by Dune 2019-01-01 22:18:25)

Topic: [MAP] iCTF/CTF - The Graveyard.

Your nightmares in the form of a iCTF/CTF map!.
                       Created by : Chi11y.
     Tileset created by : Golvmopp.
            Thanks to the people at : #teeworlds-maps @ quakenet.

Presents...
                              The Graveyard!

A large CTF/iCTF map made with Golvmopp's wonderful grave tileset. Don't use the tileset without permission.

Name: The Graveyard
Gametype: CTF iCTF
Author: chi11y and the rest of the guys(and girls?) in teeworlds-maps.
Players: 6-12
Size: 201x70
Additional info: This map was made with the idea to make a very polished map, looking at what makes other popular ctf maps(lost, pirates etc.) popular. It came down to a couple of points and I've been trying to make it easy to learn, but hard to master. All jumps should be possible for a new player to make, but still has so much room for improvement that an experienced player feels he can do it better. Another thing was looks, so to make this map stand out from the rest Golvmopp made a fantastic tileset, which we have been playing around with the last couple of days. Daniel has made a smaller ctf map using this tileset and Somerunce has been working on a DM map. It'd be kind of you to not use the tileset without asking first, when creating a tileset to have an unique look it feels sad if suddenly everyone uses that tileset.. Just ask, and Golvmopp will hopefully think it's okay wink . When testing this map public alot of people liked it, so if you are a serverhoster that likes to get your servers used I recommend you to host this map big_smile .
Special thanks to: Landil, for helping out with the lovely rain. FireArrow for extreme amounts of happy testing and yet again Golvmopp for the tiles, and testing.

Screenshots:

Red base.
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfiles.com/7b0/graveyard-red.png

Center.
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfiles.com/184e/graveyardcenter.png

Overview.
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfiles.com/66f3f/graveyardoverview.png

Download: http://www.varg42.se/~chi11y/graveyard.map (~172kb)

Enjoy, please read the additional info if you didn't, and force serverhosters to host this map! smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Re: [MAP] iCTF/CTF - The Graveyard.

This is an awesome map! It works great with both instagib and vanilla.
It was loads of fun during our testing, and I'm sure you'll find it entertaining as well.

Used to be very active waay back

the tileset is sooo cool big_smile

very nice!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Thanks, alot of work has gone into this. There is one server hosting this map iCTF atm. Search for GRAVEYARD. smile I'm looking for more hosters, both vanilla and instagib.

6 (edited by Golvmopp 2008-08-07 10:09:00)

I should mention that the server that's running the map atm crashes without any apparent reason when many clients play at the same time.

We don't know what the reason might be, but apparently the server gets back up online by itself, so bear with us for the time being. This is also a reason for more servers to host the map!

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

The server is down now, so a 24/7 hoster is really needed.

Actually, it's not down. tongue The problems we had with downtime and crashes with 12 players on the server seems to have been caused by the instagib server, believe it or not. That's why the server currently only is vanilla, normal CTF.

I have no idea if this is really the problem, but it seems that the server is more stable now, and that's good. The server will be running 24/7 as I said, but an instagib server is needed, due to the problems I've faced.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

Ah, okay. Thanks! smile

I want to keep you up to date, so here is a staus report:

I have two servers running Graveyard atm, one is standard CTF and one is Instagib. I don't know if the instagib one will keep on having connection problems with many players, but I will try to have in online for awhile, until more servers are willing to host the map. Also, it would be great if you wrote here when any problems occur with the server.

Just search for "graveyard", and you'll find them both. big_smile

where can i get this tileset? i already used the search function

http://dj-nevox.de.gg/ also known as NevoX!

The tileset isn't released yet and it won't be I guess.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

download link

14 (edited by Dune 2019-01-01 22:21:59)

Damn, that was the first map I played on. Lots of fun there!

Here is a download, as attachment, taken from http://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/maps/
I also refreshed the screenshots

Post's attachments

Attachment icon graveyard.map 172.79 kb, 480 downloads since 2019-01-01 

Not Luck, Just Magic.