Re: A Guide to Teeworlds: Teeworlds in All of its Difficultees [VIDEO]

JonastheRoman wrote:

Do you wanna post it on the Steam community hub, Connection Lost? I think that is a good idea!

http://i.imgur.com/QIJSWG9.jpg
I tried, but it seems like it won't let me post it. Can't find a way to fix this error either.

If anybody else could do it for me that would be great.

JonastheRoman wrote:
DerHase wrote:

can't watch it in germany because of the fkin gema..

Me too. It's best if one just uses royality-free music for YouTube videos, to avoid such things. sad

You can check if the tracks you'd like to add are supported here. Also visit the  YouTube creator blog for some more information about the issue.

Please delete my account.

Connection Lost wrote:

I tried, but it seems like it won't let me post it. Can't find a way to fix this error either.

Does that show whne you try to view the community hub or when you try to submit your video?

heinrich5991 wrote:
Connection Lost wrote:

Does that show whne you try to view the community hub or when you try to submit your video?

I can access the hub, but I can't submit the video as a guide.

30 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-08-31 15:43:41)

I just configured the guide, but haven't yet publised it. If you want to add me on Steam (JonasTheRoman), I could add you as a contributor so you can edit the guide for yourself, if you want to.

Edit: If you want to post it completely yourself, make sure you went to the tab "Guides", wrote the description and so on. You can add videos only after you've completed the first site of configuration. Do it under the second site "index" or "table of contents", whatever it is called in English! smile

Edit: Ok, I just posted it, as agreed with Connection Lost.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Great work! This video contains stuff that every player has to know. I wish I can paste a clickable link  to  it ingame every time I see a player accusing legitimate players of botting.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

32 (edited by Puch 2015-09-07 13:51:03)

This the best basic guide I've ever seen smile

That's sad you only speak about ctf5, and not the others official maps. But anyway that wasn't the point I guess. All your explanations about weapons and combos are really nice.

All the Teeworld's community can thank you, and don't worry you didn't add a poo at the edifice but definitely a gold nugget.

That was just awesome! Thank you so much for doing this! Not only do I think it is directly useful to the game as a tutorial, but I think it gives potential players a strong indication of the depth of the gameplay, as well as the passion the teeworlds community possesses. This video makes us look good and for that I applaud you.

34 (edited by prof-turbo 2015-11-07 14:15:35)

This video was great in all points !
It's very rare (especially on free/open-source games) to see videos like this !
Thanks a lot ! (as if it didn't help me at all ^^)

But there are still things I do not agree with :

I don't use bots BUT I spin all the time. This is something I love to do because it gives me a feeling of flowing when playing, as I'm also a speed junkie and a big boomer. So spining is

not

always botting, you should have marked on continous and regular spining smile. And also, some people only enable spin bot and not aim bot, which is not (to me) some botting, but a graphical adding, as skin or anything else.

Cheers wink

IGN = in-game name = the name you have when playing = the name you have when playing this game named teeworlds = the game you have playing this name gamed teeworlds and not the clan = Feeder

He said explicitly that spinning is not botting (23:20).
It is “unchanged spinning” that matters.

Spin bot is bot only for its name i guess. But i don't get why people use spin bot… (i rly don't know)

It's a kind of bot that is very annoying for other players and makes targetting and guessing of what the other player is doing more difficult. As such, it's still a cheat.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

DerHase wrote:

JonastheRoman wrote:
DerHase wrote:

Me too. It's best if one just uses royality-free music for YouTube videos, to avoid such things. sad

So I apologize for reviving the dead. And I also owe anyone an apology that couldn't watch this video in their country because I wouldn't bother replacing it.  I did now.

However I need to add that these replacements heavily influence the viewing experience for the worse.
The music had been chosen deliberately as they (in my editor's opinion) capture the feelings of the lessons in the way I wanted to perfectly. The music came first and the clips then were afterwards edited accordingly.

Thus viewing this substitute will not quite catch the perfect viewing experience I wanted you to have.

But perfect is the enemy of good. I swallowed. Here's something for everyone.

Copyright free version

I'd recommend to anyone that is able to watch the original to do so. I don't think anybody would bother watching the same half hour video twice with other music lol (thanks to zargon it was because of him I did this).