Re: Teeworlds on Steam

@oblique

I like your version of the ninja intro. It's cute :>

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Two things: I think the demos should be available to everyone, best would be too collect them somewhere, maybe github, to have them together.
The other thing: @Oblique. @Kirby [!Pixlez!] I do not know how you are going to organize creating the trailer but I think it is not a good idea to create a video without music first to add it afterwards (this way it is likely that it is hard to make the music fit properly). So just work closely together smile.

Luck is allowed

128 (edited by Dr.Dre 2015-06-14 11:51:05)

How about this: https://youtu.be/zyXmsVwZqX4
It has no copyright and would sound good under some gameplay, in my opinion.
Especially the part from 1:30.

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

zio wrote:

So finally (as I'm making something what should look like trailer) there should be in video:
- skin customization
- map editor
- gameplay (ctf/dm)
- something about open-source?

I would be pleased with answer about basics which should be included into video. smile

Support this idea.

arionwt1997 wrote:
zio wrote:

So finally (as I'm making something what should look like trailer) there should be in video:
- skin customization
- map editor
- gameplay (ctf/dm)
- something about open-source?

I would be pleased with answer about basics which should be included into video. smile

Support this idea.

I don't think the gameplay will fit well together with map editor and skin costumization stuff.

Maybe if you'll speed it up and put music under it, but else. Not for me.

It seems pretty hard to mix them properly in one video. I can see the skin customization going well with gameplay but the map editor?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

132 (edited by Dr.Dre 2015-06-14 13:29:06)

Yes I know, I could record how I make a small map and just speed it up. See if it fits.

And if we add the map editor thing we need gameplay on that map too.

Magic of montage, it's possible to do, trailer isn't a "gameplay". Trailer need to show you game, and possibilities. So with good montage, it all fit.

play around with a ctf map in editor: zoom, hide layers, change colors, then blur it into game, playing tees appear, tadaa

Ok, well I have a lot to do... big_smile

About skin customization:
This means custom graphics for game skins, tee skins, mapres and such? I don't really see how this is going to fit in.

About map editor:
-Speed-mapping of ctf/dm map (envelopes, color, zoom in zoom out, [this isn't going to be a tutorial])
-Blur into gameplay of the same map

A is for Apple.

136 (edited by Fifi 2015-06-14 17:20:02)

Oblique. wrote:

Like I said, any old demos you have, SEND 'EM TO ME.

What about mods? The final concept I have proposed, after taking all opinions into account, wasn't discussed yet:

Fifi wrote:

We should add a short (maybe 30-45 seconds) part, with a gameplay from various mods, at the very end of the first video. Mods should not be labeled, to avoid bias. This will notify people that the possibilities are endless, without really attracting them to mods more.

So... can I send you some demos from mods? Also, do I need the permission from the other tees in the demo? On the second thought, maybe it's better to show some novice gameplay, so I guess I'll just record some demos with a dummy - but that question makes me wondering anyway.

137 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-14 18:29:33)

Fifi wrote:

What about mods? The final concept I have proposed, after taking all opinions into account, wasn't discussed yet:
So... can I send you some demos from mods?
Also, do I need the permission from the other tees in the demo?
On the second thought, maybe it's better to show some novice gameplay, so I guess I'll just record some demos with a dummy - but that question makes me wondering anyway.

I will end up creating two videos, one with only vanilla gameplay and the other with mods included. You guys can decide later which one you like best. So yes, send me any demos you have, including from mods.
I genuinely hope that I won't be sued for including somebody's name in the trailer. Because most of the fantastic kills are in the moment (be glad that you even bothered to record), I don't think anybody would get too bent out of shape for having their names included.
I feel like novice gameplay would be incredibly boring to watch. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT:
I'm thinking about creating another thread for people to post their demos, possibly under the community news section. How about it?

A is for Apple.

Maybe you should turn off names for the movie. Would look better for an official trailer, wouldn't it?

Loving TW since 2010 smile

139 (edited by Kirbs 2015-06-14 20:25:10)

@HMH: Yup, will do!

Dr.Dre wrote:

How about this: https://youtu.be/zyXmsVwZqX4
It has no copyright and would sound good under some gameplay, in my opinion.
Especially the part from 1:30.

I disagree that it would sound good under some *vanilla*  gameplay, but it would definitely fit under DDR gameplay.

So I (We*) will consider this for sure.

no

JonastheRoman wrote:

Maybe you should turn off names for the movie. Would look better for an official trailer, wouldn't it?

Ideally, yes. But demos without names are incredibly rare.

A is for Apple.

Dune wrote:

I'm strongly against the idea of promoting modifications in an official video.

/sign It is supposed to be a teeworlds video, not a teeworlds + mods video.

@oblique Besides I like the way you start the trailer

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

142 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-06-14 21:23:24)

Oblique. wrote:

Ideally, yes. But demos without names are incredibly rare.

You could turn off names and ingame HUD in the options. Then you could crop the image to not show the kill messages at the top right and the chat in the bottom left corner. smile
Even if you want to show the HUD (for an actual gameplay look), it looks more clean without name tags, although you would still see the chat and the kill messages. But I think you could aswell use totally "clean" scenes in a trailer, it just looks better. Most games don't show the HUD in their trailers.

I also like your intro, looks way more professional and "offical" than the other ones!

JonastheRoman wrote:

You could turn off names and ingame HUD in the options. Then you could crop the image to not show the kill messages at the top right and the chat in the bottom left corner. smile

The problem is that most of these demos are older, and most of us didn't bother to turn off name-plates when we did the recordings.

A is for Apple.

Oblique. wrote:

The problem is that most of these demos are older, and most of us didn't bother to turn off name-plates when we did the recordings.

Oh, so this wasn't possible back then? Well, looks like you need some newer demos smile

145 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-14 21:37:44)

JonastheRoman wrote:

Oh, so this wasn't possible back then? Well, looks like you need some newer demos smile

The hide nameplates feature was available back then, but most of the recordings were "in the moment" and we forgot to turn off names. Because I rely on community demos, I can't demand that they all be without nameplates.

It would be incredibly difficult to find 10+ new demos. Plus, I don't want some demos to have names and to have others without.

A is for Apple.

146 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-06-14 21:42:28)

Oblique. wrote:

The hide nameplates feature was available back then, but most of the recordings were "in the moment" and we forgot to turn off names. Because I rely on community demos, I can't demand that they all be without nameplates.

It would be incredibly difficult to find 10+ new demos. Plus, I don't want some demos to have names and to have others without.

You know that changing the options also affects the way how recorded demos are displayed, do you? Or am I just misunderstanding you? smile

Btw I would send you some demos, if they would actually look pro-like. big_smile

Oh damn, you're right!
Sorry about that, I'll make sure names are excluded. Thanks so much big_smile

If you have demos, by all means, post them! If you don't feel comfortable with people seeing just how amazing you are, just PM them to me.

A is for Apple.

You could use DDNet-Client to disable everything you don't need:

Vanilla:
cl_nameplates 0
cl_showhud 0

DDNet only:
cl_showchat 0
cl_showkillmessages 0
cl_show_broadcasts 0

Ohh and if required you can also cut the demos, so you have exactly those seconds you need.

Luck is allowed

149 (edited by Fifi 2015-06-15 00:01:04)

Landil wrote:
Dune wrote:

I'm strongly against the idea of promoting modifications in an official video.

/sign It is supposed to be a teeworlds video, not a teeworlds + mods video.

@oblique Besides I like the way you start the trailer

As they are server-side mods and everyone is able to play them using vanilla client, maybe we could mention them somewhere near the end, please? (mention, not promote, because Dune is constantly assuming that one equals the other tongue) Of course without displaying their names, to avoid favorizing a particular mod (as much as it's possible). The game description features one sentence about mods, we only want equivalent of this in video too.

About 80% of Teeworlds online players are playing on mods and many of us feel bad about being discriminated. It's understandable that we want to promote vanilla, but if there are cool demos from mods we should briefly mention them. Especially if we're calling Teeworlds "open".

Demo Submissions for Teeworlds Trailer

Look! It's clickable!

A is for Apple.