Topic: Teeworlds on Steam

Hello again, fellow tees,

it's often been talked about and now it might be happening: We suggested Teeworlds on Steam Greenlight.

This step might widen Teeworlds' possible audience, for one, extracting a zip file is a non-trivial task for many people - and then Teeworlds would be in the list of games on Steam, which will make it a lot easier to discover.

Note that making the game available on Steam does not change the fact that Teeworlds is open source and will continue being free and open source!

So, what do you think?

Re: Teeworlds on Steam

Cool!

Will this affect teeworlds developement? Concerning SteamWorks or other kind of integration into steam.

An amazing idea, I absolutely love it!
It will widen the Teeworlds Community so much big_smile

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

4 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-06-05 21:30:00)

Incredible!
I am really looking forward to what this might bring for Teeworlds! Hopefully nothing bad, but I don't think so.

PS: Oy playing Civilization, I like it! smile

Edit: This might be the best moment to introduce some kind of tutorial (may it even be just for the GUI and not gameplay-wise).

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

Edit: This might be the best moment to introduce some kind of tutorial (may it even be just for the GUI and not gameplay-wise).

That's a really good idea!
I could try to make a useful mapping tutorial on gamemodes like ctf, dm, ddrace, block and FNG.
As I had (and sometimes still have) trouble with mapping.
I couldn't find any clear tutorials when I needed them.

I am new in the community so I don't know if it's useful for me to make this.
Maybe I am just thinking too far ahead hmm
Anyways, let me know!

Dr.Dre//Dene

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

Wow, finally! This is awesome news! I'm so happy for this game, seeing it evolving throughout the years.
I'm sure this will give teeworlds the exposure it deserves.
Maybe soon we can all be a little proud of the achievement of bringing teeworlds on Steam.
See you soon!

wappsify

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Should we start discussing how to approach the ever-so-needed beginner tutorial?
Getting greenlit may take a while, or at least some effort on this community side.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

finally ... omg is this for real, Teeworlds on Steam? yikes

Slinack wrote:

Should we start discussing how to approach the ever-so-needed beginner tutorial?

+1

I cant vote on steam yet so sorry for not helping on your quest. I'm sure you can get greenlighted without me anyways!

I think the game needs a better trailer, description and icon... But yeah, this is a big day on Teeworlds history and I'm totally exited on seeing the game grow!

Good luck guys!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I think the game needs a better trailer, description and icon... But yeah, this is a big day on Teeworlds history and I'm totally exited on seeing the game grow!

Good luck guys!

The trailer is pretty damn good imo!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

This is a great first Step smile

My point about Teeworlds will stay the same: make it a commercial product or it will never really shoot. I don't think it's an audience issue.

13 (edited by TsFreddie 2015-06-06 12:42:20)

It have been talking for a long time.
I hope we can use Steam Workshop for maps and mods, but it seems impossible without implement steamworks tho.
It is open-source, so we can't just implement steamworks right?

Greet from China!
Teeworlds Chinese Website

Dune wrote:

The trailer is pretty damn good imo!

The trailer is good, but the music is weird in the beginning, I think. It doesn't really support the fast-paced gameplay. But it gets better.

Having Teeworlds on Steam finally is really great in my opinion but as already pointed out a good beginners guide to introduce new Tees into the game is required urgently now.

@trailer: I never got why there is only that one video on the mainpage, why not this one here: Casualtee it fits way better to the fast style of Teeworlds imo.

Luck is allowed

16 (edited by lolo 2020-09-15 13:40:39)

Post deleted for privacy reasons.

I think it's shown in spec mode follow on a player, that's why there is no "dynamic camera" effect.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

18 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-06-06 18:29:40)

HMH wrote:

Having Teeworlds on Steam finally is really great in my opinion but as already pointed out a good beginners guide to introduce new Tees into the game is required urgently now.

@trailer: I never got why there is only that one video on the mainpage, why not this one here: Casualtee it fits way better to the fast style of Teeworlds imo.

Yeah, this one is far more intense. Also this one here shows off the epic movement one can achieve in Teeworlds very nicely.
I think these trailers would be more attractive for new players.
Maybe someone could add one of these to the Steam page as a second video.

Jonas the Roman wrote:
HMH wrote:

Yeah, this one is far more intense. Also this one here shows off the epic movement one can achieve in Teeworlds very nicely.
I think these trailers would be more attractive for new players.
Maybe someone could add one of these to the Steam page as a second video.

I thought about these two videos as well, I think "Casualtee" would fit better than "Ubu teeworlds movie".

I suppose we could use "Casualtee" instead of the current "Sateesfaction". What do others think?

Also, if someone wants propose a different description or logo, I'm also happy to hear about it, the current ones are based only on my limited imagination.

HMH wrote:

Regarding trailer, see above. I also think that a Teeworlds tutorial would be nice. I guess a simple video won't cut it, but an actual tutorial in-game is probably hard to do as well – so I don't really know what to pursue.

lolo wrote:

In the trailer Teeworlds is shown without the dynamic camera. Then please change the default setting on the camera in is not dynamic (I think so play anyway most). smile

Mh. I suppose we could discuss that again. (?) I dunno.

Although it's harder to make, an in-game tutorial is what would really help people getting started

After talking to a few people, I added Sateesfaction as the first video, keeping the other as second.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
Slinack wrote:

Good luck guys!

Have to agree with that ... it need's some more professional look, luckely there might be SkizZ who could make a sweet trailer / presentation video someday. smile gotta talk to him as soon as possible.

Zatline wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:
Slinack wrote:

Good luck guys!

Have to agree with that ... it need's some more professional look, luckely there might be SkizZ who could make a sweet trailer / presentation video someday. smile gotta talk to him as soon as possible.

ShReKo made one. But SkizZ is awesome too i am looking forwad to his trailer o.O

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not