Topic: 0.6.0 released! More information.

More than two years ago Teeworlds 0.5.0 first saw the light of day. 0.5.1 followed shortly after and 0.5.2 approximately six months later with only a tiny array of changes. Now, one and a half year later, 0.6 is here! During this long period of time the development scene has changed a lot. In July 2010 Teeworlds moved from using SVN and Trac to Git and Github because it is easier to work together with other people. In August, matricks then handed over the development to a new team.

From that point on the development speed increased and during the last months tons of changes have been made. Over 500 issues have been addressed; the graphics team has reworked big parts of the tilesets and the servers were made more secure. Players can now easily show their nationality and in-game voting has never been this easy. There is also a brand new set of languages to play Teeworlds in.

A few things also happened with gameplay. Attacking with ninja will no longer reset your speed to zero, but you will regain your previous momentum. In addition several new maps, mainly for CTF, have officially been integrated. Improvements were made to the gamemodes and the map editor. It now features rotating and coloring tiles aswell as folder support, automatically generated background, scrollbars and the ability to specify what layers to save.

Now, it is much easier to manage the voting options if you are logged in as administrator and it is also possible to vote players to the spectators. Using aliases in votes makes it easier for people who are not that familiar with the server part to understand what they are voting for and it is also harder to exploit the voting system now.

As a spectator you now have the option to follow a specific player. You can mute players in the client so that you will not see them chatting. Disable the HUD entirely to get maximal control and minimal disturbance while playing.

Special thanks to Oy, matricks, teetow, chi1, Landil, crises, m!nus, heinrich5991, Zatline, Choupom and all translators who made all this possible! Now go grab the latest version from the download page and have fun!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

2 (edited by Vijfhoek 2011-04-09 23:12:06)

Re: 0.6.0 released! More information.

--EDIT
Awesome! Way to go!

--EDIT2
Wow, Landil, CTF2 looks AWESOME, with the new tileset!

Awesome Landil!
I love it!
<333

It took a little while, but I think the wait was definitely worth it.

Great job to everyone who helped make 0.6.0 a reality.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

I can only restate everything already said: Great job! Ct2 looks amazing, ctf6 is extremely fun, and the overall look of teeworlds is quite shiny and clean, if I do say so myself. Good job, keep it up!

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

So much fun so far, continue developing you can only get better.  I especially like the new ways to vote people to spectators and everything, nice job!

ctf2 is soooo cute... Great work Landil! <3

Not Luck, Just Magic.

WEEEEEEE THE NEW VERSION IS HERE NOW I DOWNLOAD IT TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!!!!

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

I would like to congratulate the whole development team and all who contributed to making another release of the greatest open source game ever!!!!!

THANK YOU! Have fun!!! smile

Once in a century...

10 (edited by Kahanho0 2015-02-09 14:29:03)

In terms of graphics and tilesets.
May we see water/waterfalls too in the next version officially ?
Will the clouds remain as they are now ?
Well for desert theme maybe add a dry bush curling in the wind?
It feels kinda static now, and I think official maps should show whats possible with the envelope editor tool.

Get free demos for a+ course exam and mcts network test exam with network+ practice questions guaranteed success. Our best quality  prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of www.bgsp.edu and mcts with Quincy University

Kahanho0 wrote:

In terms of graphics and tilesets.
1. May we see water/waterfalls too in the next version officially ?
2. Will the clouds remain as they are now ?
3. Well for desert theme maybe add a dry bush curling in the wind?
4. It feels kinda static now, and I think official maps should show whats possible with the envelope editor tool.

1. No
2. Yes
3. maybe
4. Yeah! True ... but the animations should be decent. Suggestions are always welcome and if you are willing to spend enuf time on it and make it perfect, it might get official (At least I'd support you)

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!