1 (edited by wappsify 2014-01-27 17:15:38)

Topic: [TOOL] twest 1.0 - teeworlds easy server tool

Hello communitee,

Do you guys remember the Teeworlds Server Creator? Well, I tried my best to code a similar software using my very limited programming skills. tongue
I present to you twest - teeworlds easy server tool!

http://i.solidfiles.net/56d0b5041d.jpg

Coming with two different languages, English and German, and packed to the fullest with options to fulfill all your cusomization needs. Without ever needing to touch a config file!
So from voting to tuning to external console settings, I pretty much included every single possible customization for (vanilla) teeworlds servers (atleast I think so smile).

I know, that most of you regularly browsing this forum will not need such a tool to create their server, but I figured there are some that struggle with the process, so this could be helpful and time-saving for them, too.

With twest you will be able to:

• Easily customize your own teeworlds homeserver!

• Use custom maps!

• Create and save several different server configurations to load back up later!

I used Visual Basic to create this application (please don't be mean sad), so it will only work on windows computers. But I hope those that download it may find some use in it. I had absolutely no idea about programming before this, but I think it turned out pretty well, so why not release it?

It's a light-weight, standalone application, but does include the teeworlds server executable and the official maps and mapres, which is why the size is ~3mb (even that shouldn't be a problem to anyone). But you should be able to start it from any location on your computer!
http://i.solidfiles.net/ae12653c63.jpg

I was the only tester for this, so no guarantee for it to work on your computer. I run Windows 7 64-bit and it works flawless.

Download:
twest.exe for teeworlds version 0.6.2 (~3mb) (solidfiles.com download)
twest.exe for teeworlds version 0.6.2 (~3mb) - MIRROR 1(thanks to Shahan!)
I would appreciate it, if you would not mirror this to other download sites, so I can keep track of download count! smile

Also: feedback appreciated! Any kind of tips you can give me or issues you have with twest, tell me! I will do my best to improve. I realize that this is probably riddled with programming bugs I will not even understand, but keep them coming. In the future this may support the use of modified server executables, too, so you will be able to create your beloved ddrace/instagib/whatever servers with twest. For now I kept it to vanilla only though.

greetings,
wappsify

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Re: [TOOL] twest 1.0 - teeworlds easy server tool

Looks great! – Teeworlds should also ship with something like that by default some day.

is this for German To or only English ?

4 (edited by wappsify 2014-01-26 12:10:26)

There is an option for German, too.
http://i.solidfiles.net/ef6b3429db.png

5 (edited by Shahan 2014-01-26 23:59:35)

Does it use language files?
Have you thought about making it opensource/crossplatform?
It is Windows Forms or Qt Creator forms?

Oh, I forgot to say: that's a really great tool! Thanks smile I like such things, I wish I had it ~4 years ago..

Edit: I can mirror it with downloads counter.

Shahan wrote:

Does it use language files?

No, at the moment the two translations are hardcoded, but I may soon release an update, where it supports language files, so the community can translate them to their own language. smile

Shahan wrote:

Have you thought about making it opensource/crossplatform?

Sure, if anybody wants to see the source code, I'll be happy to share it, even though it is really bad structured and mostly copied from places all over the internet (I pretty much just googled how to code every single thing in the application as I had absolutely no idea how to any of it.

Shahan wrote:

It is Windows Forms or Qt Creator forms?

To be honest, I don't really know. But I would guess it's Windows Forms as I used Microsoft Visual Basix Express to write the code.

Shahan wrote:

Oh, I forgot to say: that's a really great tool! Thanks smile I like such things, I wish I had it ~4 years ago..

Thank you, I appreciate it. smile If there is anything you feel might be missing from the application, feel free to post about it here.

Shahan wrote:

Edit: I can mirror it with downloads counter.

Yup, sure, just let me know the download links, so I can add them to the original post smile

wappsify

I like it, but i have a problem. Everytime I start a server the settings are dm1 and dm?

Hunterix wrote:

I like it, but i have a problem. Everytime I start a server the settings are dm1 and dm?

Do you have admin rights on your machine? twest might not be able to create the cfg file without them, I don't know.

You can try to delete the 'twest' folder in your teeworlds config directory (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Teeworlds) and try to start the server again.

Does any error show up in the server itself (the black command box)? Are you able to set any options at all or are map and gamemode the only two, that don't work?

wappsify wrote:

Does any error show up in the server itself (the black command box)?

Yes, there is an error: 'failed to create socket with domain 23 and type 2'. The error also appears with admin rights.

wappsify wrote:

Are you able to set any options at all?

Nope.

Well, that's my mirror: download link
And downloads counter is here: file stats

Hunterix wrote:

Yes, there is an error: 'failed to create socket with domain 23 and type 2'. The error also appears with admin rights.

I'm not sure this is actually connected to my tool. Have you ever tried to set up a server the default way - without any tools? If yes, were you successful?

Also, if anyone with better knowledge reads this, do you know where that error message originates from?

@Shahan Ok. Thank you, I added it to the main post. smile

wappsify wrote:

I'm not sure this is actually connected to my tool. Have you ever tried to set up a server the default way - without any tools? If yes, were you successful?

Yes, i tried it before and it didn't work either. Maybe it's a problem on my side ..

13 (edited by jxsl13 2014-01-28 00:36:55)

For learning purposes I will try to recode it with Java..
Looks nice (Y)

If you call those VB skills limited, I wonder how I should call my Java skills big_smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Hunterix wrote:

Yes, i tried it before and it didn't work either. Maybe it's a problem on my side ..

You could maybe try a different computer to see whether your internet connection or your computer is the issue. Also, from what I've read from others with the same error message, maybe using a different a port will solve it. So, if you haven't given up yet, go ahead and try that! smile

@jxsl13 Thank you, man. big_smile
And sure, do what you want, this project helped me to learn coding a little bit, so maybe it does the same for you.

wappsify wrote:

You could maybe try a different computer to see whether your internet connection or your computer is the issue.

Thank you for your suggestions. smile I'm getting a new system 'soon'. Gonna try it later with that idea.

wappsify wrote:

Also, from what I've read from others with the same error message, maybe using a different a port will solve it. So, if you haven't given up yet, go ahead and try that! smile

I'm not really familiar with this. sad Should I just change the port at advanced settings? If yes, then it didn't work. I'm trying to create a LAN - server, if it's important.

16 (edited by wappsify 2014-01-28 19:21:12)

Hunterix wrote:

I'm not really familiar with this. sad Should I just change the port at advanced settings? If yes, then it didn't work. I'm trying to create a LAN - server, if it's important.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant - sorry to hear it didn't quite work. Honestly I don't know what is causing your problem. sad But as it also seems to happen when trying to create a server without a tool, you may aswell just go ahead and create a topic in the Support section of the forum and ask for help there. Someone more qualified than me is likely to help you and solve your problem there.

Seems like you swapped the votes and tuning settings tab

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

jxsl13 wrote:

Seems like you swapped the votes and tuning settings tab

Indeed, I am stupid! Good thing you noticed. tongue
I am working on support for language files anyways, so that won't be an issue for long anymore.

19 (edited by Hunterix 2014-01-29 16:34:47)

Well, I tried it without your tool again and it worked .. but the error was still there .. really strange o.O

Hunterix wrote:

Well, I tried it without you tool again and it worked .. but the error was still there .. really strange o.O

Well, I'm glad to here that then! smile
If you have any other concerns regarding twest, come back here!

Does this work for ANY TeeWorlds version?

~TheTinnyTee

huh

TheTinnyTee wrote:

~TheTinnyTee

This includes the 0.6.2 server executable at the moment, if you want a different version I may try to get it working, too.

wappsify wrote:
TheTinnyTee wrote:

~TheTinnyTee

This includes the 0.6.2 server executable at the moment

That's all i need.
This application is awesome!

~TheTinnyTee

huh

24 (edited by TheRealAnister 2020-09-27 16:33:33)

Awesome!!! I still use it big_smile

Yet, can you make a tutorial on the full features? I am still confused how to insert a MOD tongue

>TheAnister<