1 (edited by Dune 2018-12-31 02:50:18)

Topic: Pimp my Style (curved hooks)

I've seen a lot of hooks in artwork and they all look the same.
It's boring, especially when you do not need to follow the teeworlds game style (It's artwork, not game grahpics ;-) ).

So how about learning some new inkscape skills? I will show you how you can create a curved hook easily.

Leave a comment if you did not get it, then I will update it smile

http://i.solidfiles.net/b5d3d0c14c.png
Watch or download a video >>here<<

Post's attachments

Attachment icon curved_hook.png 348.81 kb, 173 downloads since 2018-12-31 

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: Pimp my Style (curved hooks)

Better make a tutorial about making mapres, but an easy tutorial that every "dumbs" (like me) understands big_smile

theunknown wrote:

Better make a tutorial about making mapres, but an easy tutorial that every "dumbs" (like me) understands big_smile

It's hard to explain how to create a good looking tileset incl. doodads and main tiles.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Landil wrote:
theunknown wrote:

It's hard to explain how to create a good looking tileset incl. doodads and main tiles.

The doodads are unnecessary at the beginning I think. The main is more interesting.
Just something how to set the lines right to have a good form.

theunknown wrote:
Landil wrote:
theunknown wrote:

The doodads are unnecessary at the beginning I think. The main is more interesting.
Just something how to set the lines right to have a good form.

You should start with a concept. I always start with a sketch which does not fit into grids. If the concept looks good then I will think about how to transform it into a "tileset".

oh you use inkscape yeah im more of a gimp person but i would like to learn how to use inkscape

Fanartist
Good can't exist without evil, thats why i love being both
Virus

ZONE wrote:

oh you use inkscape yeah im more of a gimp person but i would like to learn how to use inkscape

Since I took lead of the graphics development every graphic was done with inkscape. Only pre 0.4 graphics were done with adobe illustrator.

Landil wrote:
ZONE wrote:

Since I took lead of the graphics development every graphic was done with inkscape. Only pre 0.4 graphics were done with adobe illustrator.

i see

Fanartist
Good can't exist without evil, thats why i love being both
Virus

9 (edited by siimon 2013-09-02 10:43:23)

I am just new to Inskape and I wanted to try this, but it's just waay to hard, I mean how the hell is this:
"Pattern source: Paste Path              (ok, I did.)
(picture)                                             ( I dont have this shown on the picture)
Pattern source: Paste Path               (the same? how? I allready clicked on it)
Pattern copies: repeated                  (still nothing happens)
(same picture)                                   ( I still dont have this picture)
Mark the other line                            ("The other line" Yes, where? were must it go?)
Change the stroke line style to the 10th dashline                     (what "line style" ? I dont see it)
(picture)
Change the stroke style to round joins and caps        (how do I change stroke style?)
Adjust the stroke "width" so the dashes suit the chain     (Ok can do that, but I missed 10 steps)
(you can move the dashes with the settings to the "Dashes" Selection)       ( I didnt see that but ok.)
press ctrl + alt + c to convert is to a path                                  (ok can do)

I am realy.. REALY... noobish at this, so please, if you have time, or some-one, explain  for me, understand my noobisity.

*Thanks*

mushoku-no

siimon wrote:

I am just new to Inskape and I wanted to try this, but it's just waay to hard, I mean how the hell is this:
"Pattern source: Paste Path              (ok, I did.)
(picture)                                             ( I dont have this shown on the picture)
Pattern source: Paste Path               (the same? how? I allready clicked on it)
Pattern copies: repeated                  (still nothing happens)
(same picture)                                   ( I still dont have this picture)
Mark the other line                            ("The other line" Yes, where? were must it go?)
Change the stroke line style to the 10th dashline                     (what "line style" ? I dont see it)
(picture)
Change the stroke style to round joins and caps        (how do I change stroke style?)
Adjust the stroke "width" so the dashes suit the chain     (Ok can do that, but I missed 10 steps)
(you can move the dashes with the settings to the "Dashes" Selection)       ( I didnt see that but ok.)
press ctrl + alt + c to convert is to a path                                  (ok can do)

I am realy.. REALY... noobish at this, so please, if you have time, or some-one, explain  for me, understand my noobisity.

*Thanks*

Maybe I'll find the time to create a screencast. Or i will add a screenshot. PM me if I forget it ... / working right now /

11 (edited by Shahan 2013-09-03 07:15:52)

Hey, Landil, fan art is useful for fan communities, and you may remember that from all my PMs.
I just want to add, that the way you draw is really easy for you, but quite hard for people who opens inkscape in the first time of their life. Why don't you record movies? Even the best tutorial about drawing can't show all the details that people need, while the video-tutorial can.

I've added a video

Landil wrote:

I've added a video

Meh, now I'm interested why don't you upload it to youtube? Create a cool channel, i'll subscribe^^

Thank you soo much:D

mushoku-no

Landil, please, create new tutorials smile

16 (edited by android272 2014-08-06 13:55:57)

I don't understand your tutorial, every time I past in the pattern source I get this?

PunBB bbcode test

Edit:
I understand the tutorial. when it says create a line he meant make a line with the pin tool. with it selected add the apply the effect.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

thx for this tutorial smile big_smile
Tropiik smile

finally tutorial on hook thx tongue big_smile cool