Re: [MOD] *DC* - DummyCapture

I found a bug, If you release the dummy, above the pit, and then Disconnect from the server before the dummy kill. the dummy will spawn in the pit, die and again spawn and die and spawn and die and .....

ok, thx i'll fix the bug and also another one i found due to you tongue

#yemDX is a known troll

There's a little problem with your mod, it includes the dummy in the server info response, making it 'spoof the player count' which is a ban reason on the masters.

29 (edited by Neox 2013-06-30 20:17:11)

heinrich5991 wrote:

There's a little problem with your mod, it includes the dummy in the server info response, making it 'spoof the player count' which is a ban reason on the masters.

wat '-' Many servers are doing that, including mines, I thought that bans for this reason are deserved only if there is not that player given in server info

In mine, you need to type /bot to spawn a bot, and this adds it in the server info. What's if the server is full because of bots and I respect rules like you are saying it ? How am I supposed to tell to the player that the server is full ?

If the player doesn't use the bot for 5 minutes, the bot leaves (I tried my best to make it respecting rules, but over this, I can't, except by deleting them)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Having non-humans being counted in the player count in the server list is worth a ban, no discussion.

If you see other servers that do so, please report them (IRC would be the best place for that, ping minus). Even if bots aren't on the server when there is noone, they still mustn't count as players. See the way it's done in zombie.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

pls give piko a chance to fix this before banning sad

32 (edited by Neox 2013-06-30 20:59:47)

Dune wrote:

See the way it's done in zombie.

I don't know what you mean saying that but, I just thought about a way to make my servers respecting rules : Changing the number of max players taking care of bots (sv_max_clients = 16 - number of bots in game)

The problem is that I didn't wanted to do it basically, I just modified some stuff to avoid crashs and I noticed that bots appear in the server info, I took many days to fix the lot of crashbugs so I finally let it like that because nobody told me that it creates problems. (Yes, as I said it, I thought that if the server info tells the correct number of "players" in game, it's ok, "players" including bots.)

So please, let me just mod my servers to fix this, instead of ban them, I'm on holidays so... I'll do it tonight, and update it tomorrow (if I can)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Broken wrote:

pls give piko a chance to fix this before banning sad

We won't ban any more servers running this mod until the issue is fixed. If your server got banned feel free to contact us (preferrably on IRC).

The simplest way to fix the serverinfo/playercount would be to patch the serverinfo packet assembly in CServer::SendServerInfo (engine/server/server.cpp) I guess.

heinrich5991 wrote:

wtf? It was discussed before 0.2 version was realeased. I warned Pikotee about it (already got iddrace banned for the same reason), soas far as i know he asked about it somebody of admin staff, and that 'admin staff' said 'ok'.

i've asked matricks for permission doing so and i've got it, so i don't see any reason to fix it, otherwise heinrich asked me to do it, so if find time i'll see what i can do to do him this favour...

#yemDX is a known troll

Matricks is not in charge of Teeworlds anymore anyway. Also I would like to see the log.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

My servers bot problem is solved.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Great^^

#yemDX is a known troll

39 (edited by babak2010 2014-08-22 18:30:50)

Hi, I wanted to know that do you still ban vpses which are running DummyCapture mod? If yes I wanted to know why? I know because of the fake user I wanted to know why because of a server with a fake user the vps will be banned and also can anybody tell me the way to solve this problem.

HI, if you look into serverbrowser and see 1/15 people online (even if noone is on the server) on the *DC* Server, then you could get banned, but if u see 0/15 then everything is ok, i made a new version with some fixes, will upload during the next days

#yemDX is a known troll

41 (edited by babak2010 2014-08-23 10:46:19)

tnx piko can u make commit in github for 0/15 ? because I change somthings in this mod. and I cant recode it just I need code for 0/15 at all thanks

Will be done wink

#yemDX is a known troll

Pikotee wrote:

Will be done wink

whats up ?

updated the binary for windows
added some special commands as Broken always wanted to disable some stuff
put everything on github

it would be nice if sb could compile this stuff for linux