1 (edited by Pikotee 2014-08-30 22:36:44)

Topic: [MOD] *DC* - DummyCapture

*DC* - DummyCapture

Hello, today i'm going to present you my new mod: *DC*.

GamePlay

What is it?

*DC* is a Mod where you fight in teams. You need to drag the purple Dummy to your TeamBox
with your color to capture him and get score for you and for team. The Dummy is a serversided bot,
based on my senseless Dummy-Mod (github). To win the game you have to reach the scorelimit, by
capturing the Dummy or killing the enemy. You  play with normal weapons against the other team,
but it's also possible to play with special weapons, which allows you to change the position
with dummy (Rifle), make everybody release their hook if they hook the dummy (Shotgun),
or set the velocity of the dummy to 0 (Gun), Grenade and Hammer increase the velocity as in vanilla.
With this modified option the dummy gets special physics (bounces, lower friction, lower gravity), what
makes the game more difficult and funnier. Also it's possible to enable/disable self damage,
to use the grenade for faster movement. The Dummy can only be killed in TeamBoxes (goal)
or by DeathTiles. The Dummy will respawn on the last position, where he were grounded
and had a X-velocity of less than 1.0f. You get score, if you shot, hammer, hook, press or
change the position with dummy into your box, otherwise you'll get a punishment
of 5 points (sv_wrongbox, default). The little scoretable in the right down corner shows
an information about the dummy (Carrier, Dead/Alive, Captured).

Teams

*DC*:

Mapping: Normal Entities, Red Flag = Red Box, Blue Flag = Blue Box, Normal Spawn = Dummy Spawn
Main Map: DCctf5

Source: Source, .zip

*DC* 0.5 binaries
Windows
linux comming soon

autoexec.cfg:

sv_self_damage 0-1, default: 0 // Enable/Disable SelfDamage
sv_respawn_delay 0-10, default: 3 // Time needed to respawn after death
sv_wrongbox 0-100, default: 5 // Punishment for dragging dummy into the wrong box
sv_bouncy 0-1, default: 1 // Enable/Disable special dummy physics
sv_infinite_ammo 0-1, default: 0 // Infinite Ammo yes/no
sv_tuned_weapon 0-1 default: 0 // Special weapon features like change position with dummy with laser
sv_self_damage 0-1 // default: 0 // Enable/Disable SelfDamage

Teams

Credits:

- Pikotee: Developer

- Shahan: thx, for letting me steal your Idea (iCTD) (better said: Inspiration), thx for compiling in Linux

- Inspire Clan: Broken/ Zgokee thx for inspiration/ hosting

- Gabou: thx for hosting^^

Any comment is welcomed...

#yemDX is a known troll

Re: [MOD] *DC* - DummyCapture

i wonder when did i see this mod: in 5,1 or 6,1 times. But i have to admit it is enjoyable.

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

Nice work pikotee, now if we could get a few more maps for it smile

Awesome!
As i could say before, you made smth like basketball mod, especially with sv_special 1 smile
So i've edited dune's basketball2.0 map, now it's DC_Basketball
Also, if anybody is basketball fan, he can take basketball skin for dummy here

5 (edited by Broken 2013-04-08 22:44:56)

Terrific mod, everyone has loved it.

I really don't like the current special weapons though. sad I really think they are overpowered and strange. Can you turn them off.

Shotgun should pull like ddrace. And laser should freeze enemy tees for 3 seconds like fng. Also it should be either/or special/vanilla weapons I think, both is just confusing.

Also it seems like you made the dummy a bit less bouncy? Also someone suggested the dummy should WTF emote if he gets hit, LOL.

Shahan wrote:

So i've edited dune's basketball2.0 map, now it's DC_Basketball

It's not mine but Lord's.
basketball1.0/1.4 were the maps played in clanwars. Also basketball doesn't make a whole lot of sense without the appropriate tunings :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I think an instagib version of this would be cool.

no

yes, me too

#yemDX is a known troll

9 (edited by Shahan 2013-04-09 13:20:56)

Dune wrote:

Also basketball doesn't make a whole lot of sense without the appropriate tunings smile

yea, just bouncing and target places remindsme basketball

Broken wrote:

I really don't like the current special weapons though.  I really think they are overpowered and strange. Can you turn them off.

Shotgun should pull like ddrace. And laser should freeze enemy tees for 3 seconds like fng. Also it should be either/or special/vanilla weapons I think, both is just confusing.

The weapons might be strange, but i can explain smth. Effecting enemies, the weapons are vanilla, because it's just "Capture the .." mod. Hammer and grenades are enough to force dummy, but what to do with others?
Freezing even for 1 second is imba. 1 second is very expensive in ctf. I've already tried it in iCTD mod ;(
I think, it's not easy to understand how the wepons work at the first sight, but if you'll play more than 1 round, you'll get it smile

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

I think an instagib version of this would be cool.

yes, but you'll need smth like hammer or explosion to pull dummy quicklier

10 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:05:41)

-deleted-

Lazy dev

Instagib with laser explosions and hammer?

no

ok, i'll do it today and fix a bug

#yemDX is a known troll

*DC* 0.3 binaries
Windows
Linux x86
Changes: 20ea5ef2c9, 6de1ec1ed0

@Pikotee: pls, add it to the 1st post of the topic.

thx shahan any new features or just bugs

thx, Shahan, but i still need to make Instagib and fix a DeathTile bug and some Velocity bugs

@Broken: no there are only Bugfixes

#yemDX is a known troll

16 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:06:24)

-deleted-

Lazy dev

@Brocken: no problem, enjoy. Btw, i added links to github commits after previous release specially to prevent questions like your one smile look at commit names: "removed some useless code" and "bugfix". Ofc, no gameplay changes yet. If gameplay will be changed, Pikotee'll present it himself :3

@Pikotee: everyone who wants to download the mod, take binaries from the first post (there are 0.2 version atm). Pls, edit that post and add 2 links of newer binaries too smile

@KChris: you can open an issue on github in Pikotee's teeworlds repo and explain the bug wider.

18 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:06:37)

-deleted-

Lazy dev

19 (edited by Shahan 2013-04-27 22:01:30)

*DC* 0.4 binaries
Windows
Linux x86
Changes: ca035efe2f, 02915b0d5d,
6c0506636d

20 (edited by yemDX 2013-04-28 04:22:40)

Why does everyone in this thread have me in their signature, and why could I beat all of them 1v1 10:0 in DM? I've never even played with any of these people in-game. They just play mods or something because they're stupid.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

Why does everyone in this thread have me in their signature, and why could I beat all of them 1v1 10:0 in DM? I've never even played with any of these people in-game. They just play mods or something because they're stupid.

Thanks for post, which
- offtoping
- insulting other members
why not you to be banned again?

yemDX: deal with that in PM.
Shahan: exactly what you're doing in your signature. Don't discuss moderation publicly (rule #2 of moderation).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

23 (edited by yemDX 2013-04-30 05:26:08)

y-yem! I told you to deal with it in PM~! Last warning~! Next time it's a goodbye~ >:3 // Cutey-tooty Duney

User has been banned for faking moderator action (You don't learn. Fine. Goodbye.) // Dune

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Off-Topic: FINALLY GOOD WARN, DUNE!

Topic: I like this like all of your work piko wink looking forward for new mods smile

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

WOw WOw i want a server working like this so i play in it i'm boared please sad big_smile

Discuusions ? Go away !