Topic: Teeworlds for mac

Hi want  to know if there is a guide for how to install teeworlds for mac?

I'm new in forum

thanks

Re: Teeworlds for mac

To use 0.6.1 on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion you need to install freetype 2 manually.
http://www.freetype.org/

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

and there is a guide to install it manually??

cause i download freetype but mac say to me that the page don't exist :S

4 (edited by ghost 2012-08-22 14:56:56)

You have 2 options to install freetype2.

1. Option
The most easy and probably best solution is to use macports. Simply follow the instructions here to install macports properly. After you have done this, you open a terminal and type the following command:

sudo port install freetype

This will automatically download and install freetype2 on your system (it might take a while, since freetype2 and all it's dependencies will get compiled).

2. Option
The second option is to download the freetype2 sources and compile and install them manually (this is much more complicated, so you will probably just want to go for option 1). To do this, you will first need to install Xcode (you can get this from the mac appstore). After XCode has sucessfully been installed, run it and go to its preferences. Open the "Downloads" tab and you will see a list of additional tools you can install. Install the "Command Line Tools" by clicking on the install button right next to them. After they have been installed, download the latest version of the sources of freetype2 from here and extract the downloaded files. Now open a terminal and change to the folder in which the sources are now, this will look similar to this:

cd Downloads/freetype-2.4.10

(note that 2.4.10 is currently the most recent version, it might be a different number for you)

Now continue typing in the Terminal:

./configure
make
sudo make install

This will compile and install freetype2 on your system.

Again, I would strongly reccomend you to use the first option, because it is much more convenient and you are also able to update freetype (and a lot of other useful programs) using macports, instead of recompiling and manually installing everything on your own.

Note that this will not only work on 10.7, but on all systems lacking freetype (I think 10.8 does, too, e.g.)

I hope my instructions will help you.

sorry about the first option, how i can open a terminal?? sorry i'm nap sad

Yep, the GUI fanboys who don't even know how to open a shell…

I don't know much about OS X but the Terminal is usually in an "Accessories" folder or some like that…

Malachite wrote:

Yep, the GUI fanboys who don't even know how to open a shell…

I don't know much about OS X but the Terminal is usually in an "Accessories" folder or some like that…

What is so wrong with being a newbie??? mad

We were all GUI "fanboys" once!!

To the topic:
His question was how to install teeworlds on mac and not why there are no letters and numbers on screen. So why did you guys bring up freetype?

Once in a century...

8 (edited by ghost 2012-08-22 22:27:19)

You can find the terminal in "Programs/Utilities".
You can also use spotlight to search the terminal app. Just hit cmd+space and enter "terminal" (without the "") and it will be found immediately (you can also start it from there directly).

DARK HUNTER wrote:

To the topic:
His question was how to install teeworlds on mac and not why there are no letters and numbers on screen. So why did you guys bring up freetype?

Well, you are kind of right, we just assumed that he did try simply downloading the teeworlds app and noticed that it did not work (and the reason for that would probably be the missing freetype). If our assumption was wrong, here is how to just install teeworlds on a mac:
1. Go to the downloads page of the teeworlds website and download the mac os x universal binary (0.6.1).
2. click on the downloaded .dmg package to open it.
3. Drag the teeworlds app to the applications folder (or to some folder inside the applications folder, if you prefer to have your stuff organized properly)

Do we really need to make a war of everything...? -.- well, whatever, i believe the main questions of this thread have at least been answered...

Please use the report function next time, posts deleted // heinrich5991