1 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-03-15 14:24:37)

Topic: What is a good client for you?

Hello forum! smile

I'm sure that most of you had dilemma of choosing a good client even if it lacks a feature(s) that is present in an other client(s).

So my question is: If there was to be a client that would be a mix of other clients,what features should it adopt from those clients?

For instance:
I like Dune's Gamer client because of it's announcers,clear entities and health and shield bar above the tee.
I like Sushi's Client pack because of it's awesome scoreboard and it's amazing stability (The client never crashed).
I like Ninja's H client because of it's redesigned interface (during loading  and downloading times) and because of it's freeze animations.
I like Z Team's Client because of it's translation feature and the eye candy feature. (Also I wish that the chat smilies could be turned off)
I like TDTW because of it's Weapon HUD;visual effects and chat upgrade.

A big down side to most of these clients (Gamer,Z team,TDTW) is that they tend to crash or just freeze. Also they haven't been updated for quite a while.

Once in a century...

Re: What is a good client for you?

I like N-Client because of it's lua feature and DDRace client for it's race speciality

I Like The Vanilla Client Because Of All Of The Fun. And Also I Like The Client Packs Option To Turn off HUD, Something I Usually Do When Using Fraps tongue. I Like The H Clients MineTee big_smile And The (N-Client, I Believe?)s Music Playing System, Because Having FireFox or InternetExplorer Usually Lags Up My Gaming, Which Isn't Really That Fun.

Italic text

I like the N-Client too because its nice to build your "own client" with Lua Extras.

I like the N-Client too ^^
Because its nice smile

And i like the Teeworlds-Pack Client because its good for race and nice for race mapping smile

I like H-Client why it crash when i change the server with different gametypes ^^

I like Dune's Gamer client because it is a all in one client
I like Ninja's H client because it have lots of effects, chat emotions, frezze effect.
I like TDTW because of it's Weapon HUD and font-change factue
I like the original client because it is simple and atractive, no special design like Dunes and Ninjas have...

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

SushiTees Client-Pack ftw.
It's, hmmm, just, in one word: Sushi!

In my opinnion the best client is actually Gamer made by Dune. Why it's the best:
- hp/shield bar over tee
- gamer hud
- race client in it
- force skins and colours of players
- stats board
- killing sounds(its mega awesome)
- a few more options which can tweak your game

The only thing which is missing in gamer is good score board. I suggested to Dune to add better one but he didn't sad

I don't know... The N-Client is very good for customizing but there are a few down sides: If you press "Tee" in the options the client crashes;the custom Lua scripts users upload are not checked thus a lot of them have tons of bugs; and I don't know what to bind for the music (play,stop...)

szyker wrote:

- force skins and colours of players

That is Tee-Comp a small client that has been assimilated by the Gamer client.

Once in a century...

I like TDTW client nice interface and more smile

My ideal client has:

* In game server browser
* Show game tiles with settable background color (for FPS and simplicity of play)
* Toggleable dynamic camera
* Teerace sign in
* Copy/Paste in chat and both consoles
* zoom out in spec (see all the action)
* that ping lowering magic!
* Game stats
* Rename autosaved demo each time
* and maybe a cool keyboard graphic bind layout

13 (edited by MAP94 2012-05-09 15:19:44)

DARK HUNTER wrote:

The N-Client is very good for customizing but there are a few down sides: If you press "Tee" in the options the client crashes

Does the new version also crash? Which os do you use? any special skins? cl_skinloder active or not?

Broken wrote:

My ideal client has:

* In game server browser [N-Client, Gamer afaik]
* Show game tiles with settable background color [N-Client (lua), Gamer (full support)]
* Toggleable dynamic camera [N-Client (lua)]
* Teerace sign in [Could maybe done with lua]
* Copy/Paste in chat and both consoles [N-Client (pure), Gamer]
* zoom out in spec (see all the action)
* that ping lowering magic!
* Game stats [Gamer afaik, N-Client(lua)]
* Rename autosaved demo each time
* and maybe a cool keyboard graphic bind layout

MAP94 wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

The N-Client is very good for customizing but there are a few down sides: If you press "Tee" in the options the client crashes

Does the new version also crash? Which os do you use? any special skins? cl_skinloder active or not?

Yes even the latest version (1.2) crashes.
Special skin: Vodka
cl_skinloader: active

But it doesnt matter,whatever skin and no matter if cl_skinloader is on or off,the client always crashes when I press "Tee".

P.S. Let us continue this disscusion at the n client topic,not here.

Once in a century...