1 (edited by heinrich5991 2011-04-03 13:57:09)

Topic: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Again, alot happened behind the scenes. Maybe you have noticed it already, there was a version change. Oy broke 0.5.2 compatibility as another step to 0.6.0. You can download the newest versions here. (Make sure to always have the latest version, since the static netversion was removed so you can't connect to servers that have a newer version)
What does that mean?
You can't connect to 0.6 trunk servers with a 0.5 version and vice versa. This is a nice step for developers, because they don't have to care about backward-compatibility anymore. Many nice things like country flags for players or a clan tag seperated from the player's name have been added.

Changes that were only possible because of the compatibility break, are marked with green.
Really important changes are bold.
Gameplay changes are red.

Changes since the compatibility break :

  • Changed the netversion

  • Added IPv6 support

  • Added friend support in server browser

  • Added clan name support

  • Added possibility to set your country flag (It will show up next to your player name)

  • Added new emoticons by Landil (link)

  • Added aliases for votes

  • Fixed demo recording on the server

  • Added force_vote and remove_vote command (with menu)

  • Added spec-vote (vote for making someone a spectator)

  • Reworked ninja - it won't steal your speed anymore

  • Added chat history function (ability to send old messages again)

  • Added new entities by Landil

  • Added sound for highlighted chat messages (chat messages that contain your name)

  • Added ability to ignore some players' chat

  • Added ability to hide the hud


Rather uninteresting changes (e.g. fixes)

  • Added ability to follow players in spectator mode

  • Added extended demo info

  • Replaced team name by clan name if possible

  • Removed the progression info from the server info

  • Added notification when closing the editor/teeworlds when there is unsaved data in the editor.

  • Added high-definition icon for the client and added an icon for the server

  • Enabled debug rendering in the editor

  • Fixed the map downloading for map changes

  • Fixed the quick search on maps, so the browser shows the match

  • Made the client look for maps in subfolders

  • Made the sound load threaded again

  • Made the server show disconnect reasons, e.g. "*** nameless tee has left the game (Timeout)"

  • Security: Made the client check whether version server and master server packets really come from these servers

  • Made version change notice appear in red color

  • Show the console's current page number when scrolling backwards

Big thanks to Kottizen. smile
Thanks to Choupom, he spotted some weird things in the list.

2

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Thanks again heinrich and kott!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

3 (edited by choupom 2011-04-03 12:27:33)

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Added friend support in server browser => not more important than some other changes
Added new emoticons by Landil => not green
Reworked ninja - it won't steal your speed anymore => not green
Added force_vote command => not green
Fixed demo recording on the server => not green
Made the sound load threaded again => it was already implemented in 0.5.2
Removed the progression info from the server info => green
Added new entities by Crises => by Landil

4 (edited by heinrich5991 2011-04-03 13:24:42)

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

choupom wrote:

Added friend support in server browser => not more important than some other changes

Well. I think so.

choupom wrote:

Added new emoticons by Landil => not green

Green because it has incompatibilites with 0.5.2 emotes.

choupom wrote:

Reworked ninja - it won't steal your speed anymore => not green

Green because of prediction

choupom wrote:

Added force_vote command => not green

Well...

choupom wrote:

Fixed demo recording on the server => not green

Somehow green, because of the demo format change which includes a notice whether it's a server or a client demo.

choupom wrote:

Made the sound load threaded again => it was already implemented in 0.5.2

I was talking about the changes since the compatiblity break. (0bc13c91

choupom wrote:

Removed the progression info from the server info => green

Yea

choupom wrote:

Added new entities by Crises => by Landil

Yea

5

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

I LOVE EVERYTHINK <3 <3 <3 godd job all they wok for that .... big_smile

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

6

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Looks amazing smile
but no canadian flag sad

I was looking forward to that...

7

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Flags are in my opinion to huge. They are like an eye catcher, whereas they shouldnt be one, because the main thing in the scoreboard should be the scores, which are in my opinion to smal in comparison to the other objects.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

8

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Tee Killa wrote:

Flags are in my opinion to huge. They are like an eye catcher, whereas they shouldnt be one, because the main thing in the scoreboard should be the scores, which are in my opinion to smal in comparison to the other objects.

Yeah, you're right, I am also thinking it's too huge.

[SKINS] by Zatline  [GAMESKIN] Portal v2
I go out and stare at the sunlight, until the tears stain my eyes, finding answers of questions unwanted

9

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Zatline wrote:
Tee Killa wrote:

Flags are in my opinion to huge. They are like an eye catcher, whereas they shouldnt be one, because the main thing in the scoreboard should be the scores, which are in my opinion to smal in comparison to the other objects.

Yeah, you're right, I am also thinking it's too huge.

I second that.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

10

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Finally someone who shows the dev progress. And I feel it's the right person wink

The new version looks rly good, for example language, clan and voting interfaces are nice.

Where can we discuss minor changes?
For example I'm playing with a resolution of 800*600 (window mode) and I can hardly identify the emotes because they are too small ..

void ..

11

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

pls, 2 more letters for clantag :x

Stay wild big_smile

12

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

I know this sounds picky as hell, but maybe in the vote page, in the bottom, instead of saying "Page 1 of 3", It should be Server Votes, Player Votes, etc...

Really nice update though smile)

I'm so excited for the official release!

P.S. Why do the flags look pixelly in the scoreboard?

13

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Var [TNB] wrote:

pls, 2 more letters for clantag :x

No way, clan tag only needs 6 characters, at the maximum. Anything else is pushing it.

Also, it would be nice to move the Clan column to the left of the player's name. I've been used to it being like that for as long as I can remember.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

14

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

I disagree with Yem and I tryed the 0.6 build and I was able to put "Deft Crew" in my clan name so I dont know what Var is talking about. I like the clan name to the left of the name because it is liek: My name is salad, I am in the clan: Deft Crew, and I live in the usa. I like that format because your name should be primary.

-SALAD

15

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Its in the right of the name, not the left wink

16

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Right now I can't connect to any servers because it seems that all of them are offline. sad

17

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Yes nuby thanks I dont know what i was thinking

-SALAD

18

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

the new version is not have big cheanges yet like the cheange happen on teewars and next named:teewars but is great start for teeworlds i wish all be perfect.GOOD LUCK

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

19

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Trust me, there's still more to come. wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

20

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

New maps and graphics will be added to the official release, not to the test version.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

21

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

New... maps? (like, omg...) yikes
I still would like to know any race development that has taken place or is planned. Still have yet to get an answer on that.
@ Landil: do you know anything yet?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

22

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Bee wrote:

New... maps? (like, omg...) yikes
I still would like to know any race development that has taken place or is planned. Still have yet to get an answer on that.
@ Landil: do you know anything yet?

AFAIK race wont make it into 0.6

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

23

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

Not even Teerace? yikes

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

24

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

It is not planned. Teerace is a different project with no direct relations to the official teeworlds development.

25

Re: Compatibility break - one step to 0.6.0

I know maps and graphics won't be in test, but will the friend thing and the clan support thing work?

USA pride. What now.