26 (edited by analog 2011-03-10 05:22:29)

Re: [NODES] Nodes Map Design Contest (discussion thread)

Can we work together on maps? (partners.)

Going to be a load of bull knowing you have to make the FOUR bases fair... that's hardly possible. Unless they're on top of each other. Which would give height advantage. Then they have to be side to side. Then two teams would have only enemies on one side, where the center two would have enemies on 2 sides.

Hard task.

64... I think what 32 is better.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

64 players??? thats...1,2,3,4... 18 for each team. how to manage it? wont it increase the ping? excited to see the mod

Hum? 64/2 = 32 dude.
I guess there won't be much problems with lags when using decent servers, but still, I doubt reaching 32v32 is a nice idea.
Maybe increase it to 10n10 or 12n12 if you really feel like 8n8 is too small for the current maps, but 32n32 is definitely exagerated. Just imagine the spam in chat, you wouldn't even know the names of all the players, the incoming/outcoming players would create such a flood... I mean, if you want to talk with someone in the opposite team, you just can't. Votekicking would be a problem too, etc etc...
I would be sad when nodes would become a "crazy" mod, please be careful with that guys wink

And keep going on with your project!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

you can make 4 team with classic 8 players, so in total 32 players, and make some chat feature client side to avoid confusion

Can you imagine what's gonna happen with the chat??? You gotta be crazy to allow more then... 20/25 clients on one server... if you have problems with hosting more servers then one just release the binaries when done... that's just... not right! :X

server binaries will be released, too

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

Too? What else did you release? Maybe you meant the sources?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I guess Landil meant "server binaries". As well as client binaries.

34 (edited by Blue 2011-03-10 20:23:12)

Landil.  About the custom graphics again .. do you think these people who cant use custom graphics will be able to make a nice map for a complex mod like nodes?

Maybe just allow two or three well-known tilesets. Even the map in your example screen used lord's spikes.

Edit - at below me: I think this would go too far. The new tilesets should be released with the next tw-version (as long as this won't take too long). And 600x600 is too big. But wait for the release of the new nodes-version and test it before you start mapping ..

void ..

so landil it would be very nice if you can upload for us mappers the reworked tilesets for teeworlds like jungle_main if they finished! and 64 Players are huge!!!!!! I think 640x500 will be a good size.

Blue wrote:

Landil.  About the custom graphics again .. do you think these people who cant use custom graphics will be able to make a nice map for a complex mod like nodes?

Maybe just allow two or three well-known tilesets. Even the map in your example screen used lord's spikes.

A modification of lord's spikes will be shipped within nodes. Besides: they will be come official with 0.6, so no need to discuss them as custom gfx wink

twepple wrote:

so landil it would be very nice if you can upload for us mappers the reworked tilesets for teeworlds like jungle_main if they finished! and 64 Players are huge!!!!!! I think 640x500 will be a good size.

First of all one "!" is far enough to stress your sentence. The heavy use of exclamation marks is SIMILAR TO WRITING IN CAPS. IT IS FU**ING ANNOYING.

Well, the jungle theme and the desert theme still need some love. Maybe i will give you a prerelease of the jungle main tiles in a week or so, when most important things are done.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

i love it to make mor exclamation marks.
and my english isn't that good because i'm coming from austria.

Dune wrote:

Too? What else did you release? Maybe you meant the sources?

No, I did not mean the source. It's up to Inherited if he wants to make it public. The teeworlds license does not force you to publish the source, so legally he does not have to do it.

We were considering an achievement system for nodes for later versions. But we'll have to wait and see if nodes will be played. When it is successful we will go on and improve game play and functionality smile

You still did not answer the question, Landil.

Landil wrote:

Why "too"? What else did you release?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

choupom wrote:

I guess Landil meant "server binaries". As well as client binaries.