Topic: [GAME] Teeworlds on Android

Hey i've found this interesting article on the net http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=655612
Maybe someone could help this guy because Android is a very cool os and it's basing on Linux so it's not very hard to compile it.

PS: I have a HTC Desire big_smile

BotoX

Re: [GAME] Teeworlds on Android

Cool it works big_smile i am not the best developer but i can help you and why not release it? Teeworlds is OpenSrc and Android also this would be a great step for teeworlds it's ported to a handheld device big_smile

Come and release the src and apk big_smile

3 (edited by pelya 2010-09-09 18:16:06)

Here you go:

https://sites.google.com/site/xpelyax/H … =0&d=1 (apk file)
https://github.com/pelya/commandergeniu … teeworlds/ (sources)

It's based on 0.5.2 sources because Git version does not compile.

It's already accelerated all the way possible, enjoy your 3 FPS.

I've spent almost 4 days trying to make simplest things work for this port, I already hate that code and won't touch it for 2 months at least (for comparison: I've got playable port of OpenTyrian in just one day, the same for Alien Blaster, 1.5 days for UQM).

I won't publish it to Market because it's unplayable yet, I'll publish it if someone will fix following bugs:
1. All buttons and fonts have to be 2x bigger
2. Server list should connect you to server with a single click, it's painful to just select a server.
3. The overlay on-screen buttons disappear when you're pressing button #5, possibly it's the bug in my code but I suspect some memory corruption. Or maybe the game executes gfx_clip_enable() (which enables GL scissor test) somewhere just before SDL_GL_flip().
4. It runs at 3 FPS max on my Evo. That's a shame, considering that I've made all possible GFX optimizations that came to my mind. On the other hand it gives no less than 5 FPS on ADP1 with inferior hardware but smaller screen. Well let's consider that a minor bug.

Hey, I've fixed button #5 issue (was my own bug in libSDL) and published it to Android Market, to satisfy Teeworlds fans and possibly get my name mentioned on the front page tongue .
It has just 2.5 stars out of 5, as expected from game with low FPS and unmanageable UI.

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/ma … /Teeworlds

That looks like a little step in the Teeworlds devlopment story. Thanks for sharing! smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Do it only work in android mobiles?
Cause i have a very old: Sony Ericsson W595.

edit:

BotoX wrote:

PS: I have a HTC Desire big_smile

BotoX

Nice that is an android! And a new! big_smile

Please use the edit function //Landil

http://www.itee.webs.com{ITee}clansite.
please visit Firefox's city server
sorry for my very bad english o:

hey guys, i think develop team should add Android TeeWorlds in Download page wink

because, more people have a android phone now, and want teeworlds on phone wink

8 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-08-21 11:07:49)

That idea as been allrleady rejected.

Azon wrote:

Release the game on other platforms / consoles / mobile phones

-This idea is allready talked about
-This idea is Rejected (Like you can see, Red Colour)

[SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

EDIT: Skorpion this topic is dead. Please... do not make mensages in dead topics sad

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

i think the best client for android would be simple rcon app smile. Sometimes i have to change some things on server without restarting it when i dont have any PC.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

this topic is dead. Please... do not make mensages in dead topics

topic comes alive in phoenix-style when someone reads it

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

Can you give me a link for download it ?

why is it deleted

Teeworlds!!!!

There is a 0.5.2 binary for Maemo too, and it works great if you connect a mouse via USB-OTG. Framerate is much higher than on Android. You can use the touchscreen too, but then you have to double-tap for each shot / menu action (one for positioning the cursor, and one to click) and bind the hook to a key, which is very annoying since TW is fast-paced.

Malachite wrote:

There is a 0.5.2 binary for Maemo too, and it works great if you connect a mouse via USB-OTG. Framerate is much higher than on Android. You can use the touchscreen too, but then you have to double-tap for each shot / menu action (one for positioning the cursor, and one to click) and bind the hook to a key, which is very annoying since TW is fast-paced.

I have played it... And it sucks...
The mouse works so bad...!
I would like to see this topic closed.

- Günther Branlutte

Hey guys,

Give me some Time and you don't need this strange stuff anymore big_smile. I didn't read this topic before but a few days ago I've started to programm (just 4 fun and because of boredome) teeworlds for Android. It isn't just a Port or whatever but pure programming. I've already tested the movements and I would say it works really good big_smile. But I have some problems with the hook because I don't really know how you should control It later because th,e one hand do you need for the movement and the other one for shooting so it is really tricky. Maybe you have some ideas smile. At the moment I am working at the menu so stay tuned ;D. Sorry for my (maybe) bad english and for the spellingI  was at the phone ;D.

So c u.

frosty, i think it should be controlled with volume switch: if you hold down volume decreaser and tap the screen you hook and fire with volume increaser

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

16 (edited by 2012-08-20 18:24:37)

or maybe volume down is moving right , volume up is moving left

Malachite wrote:

what is maemo ? with what devices is it compatible ?

sorry, i searched for it but could not find any reasonable information

Teeworlds!!!!

17 (edited by Malachite 2012-08-20 18:42:58)

Maemo is a Debian-based OS for mobiles and tablets, but it is not as famous as iOS or Android. It runs on the Nokia devices 700, N800, N810, and N900.

Its child, MeeGo, runs on Nokia N950 and N9.

Update the download :\

I'm a god.

Hey guys,

the menu is already ready (maybe i would change the design because it is not sooo good however -later) so i am working at the "engine". Movements like going left or right, Jumping and falling is finished and now i am programming the hook with physics and stuff like this. To the hook i think i would handle this with the volume button - when you push it and tap on the phone you are hooking but than you cant fire so i will try it.

c u

20 (edited by pelya 2013-06-07 21:08:35)

My old build of TeeWorlds for Android can be downloaded here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl- … TeeWorlds/
The sources are still there: https://github.com/pelya/commandergeniu … teeworlds/

Edit:
I've fixed and re-published Android port, I'm pretty confident with new screen controls, but they require a fair amount of learning.
Google Play, .apk file and sources archive, Git repo, compilation instructions.

21 (edited by Shahan 2013-06-07 22:46:08)

'Not supported' for windows means impossible for a while?

Oh, i forgot to say: yeeeaa, so cool that you are back with new versions ^^ let's test it:D

This runs really smoothly ! But I have some problems.

I can't type anything in when i push enter it blanks out again. And how do you press keys during play?

Other than that  a solid start.

23 (edited by unsigned char* 2013-06-08 04:09:52)

Tested.... interesting... but for me.. impossible to play :\  it's worse than play teeworlds with gamepad controller or trackpad.

Perhaps make a portable editor map may be more practical.. :S
Good luck... and i surprise with people that comment here...

P.S: Tested on Xoom 2 ME

@pelya
10.000 - 50.000 downloads? Wow.
The video shows that the controlls are kinda wired, but the game looks alright.
I'll test the app soon as possible. :3

- Günther Branlutte

25 (edited by PhOen!X' 2013-06-12 19:56:38)

Hmm, I tested the game in my GALAXY mini, and it working nice...
I like the design, and all, but it's hard to play it...
And the game is nice!

I'm a god.