Re: [MOD] EXPlorer

ich, i already made the entities...

btw choupom, the saving by IP, since you put that, I assume you wanted us to take 30 min + on each map?

Sorry if this is stupid but just curious big_smile

I made saving by IP because then you don't have to register and login each time you play.
Yeah i would like the game would last at least 30 min but it needs an huge map smile

Is there a restriction on how many players I should allow in a server? Afaik clients crash if there are more than 16 players.
And I'm not sure wether you should keep the mines and traps, I find them boring and annoying and they don't fit the fast teeworlds gameplay.

void ..

Blue wrote:

Is there a restriction on how many players I should allow in a server? Afaik clients crash if there are more than 16 players.
And I'm not sure wether you should keep the mines and traps, I find them boring and annoying and they don't fit the fast teeworlds gameplay.

Well it's a race-like mod, so... it's not supposed to have such a fast gameplay as the Teeworlds' one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I cant run this mod at my pc or my VPS, both linux and windows versions dosent work forme and I have no idea why. I made "database" folder where my binaries are, in cfg i add this line: "sv_gametype EXP" but still i see my server as default DM.

szyker wrote:

I cant run this mod at my pc or my VPS, both linux and windows versions dosent work forme and I have no idea why. I made "database" folder where my binaries are, in cfg i add this line: "sv_gametype EXP" but still i see my server as default DM.

But the server accepts your cfg?

sv_gametype exp (without caps)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

sv_gametype exp (without caps)

Thank you, it works fine now :>

34 (edited by jxsl13 2010-07-19 17:20:28)

hello everyone,
i made a little map for this nice mod ;D
exp_jxsl13.map

i hope you will have fun with this map .D

i'd like to ask if choupom could make special checkpoints, where the server writes a little story.
Just killing isnt interesting, so i thought a little storyline would be nice.
it could work like this:
1. you have 20 special checkpoints on the game_layer.
2. you set this checktpoint somewhere you like.
3. in the .cfg file you write something like sv_checkpoint1 "You see two big angry dogs.They see you either.Will you run away or will you kill them, because your own life is important to you?"
3. you would start the server and when you come near this special checkpoint the server would show this text.

greets jxsl13

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

35 (edited by Dune 2010-07-19 19:10:40)

Map aren't stories, if you want stories, get a book, or download a movie.
When I'm playing, I don't want to read countless german sentences in the race maps I'm running.

I hope the map is balanced, we really need one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

I hope the map is balanced, we really need one.

what do you mean?

With balanced gametype. Example: a ctf map with 5 ninja and an area with 10 amors/health is not balanced.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

38 (edited by ich1234566 2010-07-20 10:12:02)

i hope this is no spaming:
i have made new entities

and i have made a map 4 EXPlorer

and i have made a set 4 the turrets and the explosions click me

There should be a creature that only uses hammer, if you can add it chou, please do.

LINKS DONT WORK?

Hello,
I would like to try this mod, but I cannot download it (from links on the 1st message). Can someone upload it somewhere else please?

easy serverstarter with all needed files

TY jxsl13

EXPlorer 1.1 is out !

What's new :

- Many bug-fixes.
- Many minor corrections.
- Added teleport command.
- Added doors.

Changelog

I added a teleport command, which teleport a player to another one :

teleport <id1> <id2>

teleports the player <id1> to the player <id2>

There are now doors :
It's a solid laser which appears if an enemy is near you. Kill him and the door will open !

Notice that the distance limit between flags has been removed.

Download :
- Windows binary
- Linux binary
- Maps
- Entities

Entities explanation :

Vertical Door is a vertical door : it is the top of the door, the laser will go from this tile to the ground. (So you must put only 1 tile for 1 door).

Horizontal Door is a horizontal door : it is the left-side of the door, the laser will go from this tile to the right. (So you must put only 1 tile for 1 door).

Have fun smile

super work smile

To keep this [MOD] and thread alive I'm going to tell u now that I've begon makin' a map for this great mod <3
But it will need some time until i know how to map' for this mod ;-)
It will also take tones of hours to create a map which dosnt hurt my eyes like the other ones did ;-D

@ choupom
Is it possible to add 2 things to your mod?

1# Something like a key. It can be dropped by monsters or it must be taken by yourself. With it you can open special new doors (for example double crossed lasers). You can embedd this .png in your mod as well if it's finished big_smile

2# Hall of fame. I dont want it to be race mod or something like the highscore list in other mods. I want it to be a nice little overview 'bout who has finished and how hasn't already big_smile ( However you can make a highscore list if u want to. e.g:    Rank1: Player1 finished 3 times. ) I want the command (to show the list) to be ' /fame ' big_smile

Hope u dont judge me bad because of my freakin' idears ;-)

Greetingz from Germany
Theo

1# Would by nice big_smile
2# too very nice big_smile

when you code this in ur mod it would be very good and you would have 1+ player big_smile

Choupom the "doors" i told you before the mod was released don't work... (teleporters)

They do work big_smile
Only if there isn't an enemy in near distance big_smile
Vote 4 choupom lookin' in this thread! big_smile <3

@Theolol:

I stopped working on EXPlorer some time ago, but i'm still interested in good ideas.

Your first idea (key+door) is planned for the next version smile

About your second idea, i don't want to make EXPlorer a race mod on which you play only for competition. That's why there aren't race rankings.
It would be interesting to know if someone finished or did not finished a map.
About a /fame command, why not smile

Thanks for the ideas ! smile