26 (edited by Mo2 2011-12-30 03:40:15)

Re: [MAP] Maps by Mo(2)

I've created again a map called ddr_storm

Type: DDRace
Compatible with 1.08 (I guess even some older 1.06 should work).
Min players: 2
Difficluty: 7
Length: Should be possible in about 15 minutes (probably lower)

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Looks nice Mo(2)! , I like your maps big_smile

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

CuBe wrote:

Looks nice Mo(2)! , I like your maps big_smile

Thanks CuBe... from you that's a honor. I'm afraid none of my maps was played that often as your hardcore2 (which is in my opinion the reference to good hardcore maps). smile

Greetings,
Mo(2)

It's a shame.. Your maps often use "new" ddrace features in a good way. Only your maps stand out and make fun gameplay =j. It are the only maps I enjoy lately smile

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

Mo(2) is back.
That's great. smile

And in terms of your map I have to agree with CuBe, they're awesome and always use the latest features of ddrace. smile

31 (edited by Mo2 2011-12-30 03:40:38)

Since my last post I've created 3 new maps.

1st map - ddr_lonepath:

Type: DDRace
Min Players: 1
Difficulty: 6
Info: It's yet another "one way" map that you can play alone. It contains 9 floors with different barriers. As already known in other maps of this type you would increase your chance to reach the finish if you move in the team (but even your time would drop cause you have to wait together all the time).

2nd map - 2moons:

Type: FRace / DDRace
Min Players: 2
Difficlulty: 7
Info: This map includes no freeze-tiles, no lasers, no buttons, no speeders, ... but a lot of death tiles. In theory it should even be possible to run this map on other Servertypes. But I don't know any type that supports collisions Tee-to-Tee and still count your time except DDRace or Frace (Race does not support Tee to Tee collision and since you need at least 2 Tees for 2moons it does not work on that type even it should know all used tiles). Compared to many DDRace maps this map is rather short. But since it does not forgive any failure that's good in that case. There is a real chance to reach the finish (if you pass successfully the noob-massacre at the entrance wink).

3rd map - 3moons:
Type: FRace / DDRace
Min Players: 2
Difficulty: 7
Info: 3moons is the successor of 2moons. Yes... there are 3 moons now (trust me) tongue - It's the same gameplay like 2moons. It's a bit longer. You can pass more spikes alone (even I would not recommend to do so cause even this map does not forgive any failures) but would still need a second tee to reach the finish. The noob-massacre at the entrance is not that heavy.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

32 (edited by Mo2 2011-12-30 03:40:48)

I've created a new map called ctf_2moons (it's not the 2moons map like I've created for DDRace but fully different - except there are again 2moons).

Type: CTF
Players: 8v8
Size: 380x160
Theme: Desert (+ embedded moon)

Greetings,
Mo(2)

You should edit all maps into your first post...

Mo2, if you edit your the start maps to 0.6 version, you should will be use DDRace Map Converter wink

35 (edited by Mo2 2011-12-30 03:41:02)

@Skorpion... I would not convert my first maps to 0.6 because I've ported them already as _ng versions (which got some further additions as well) - and fixed them afterwards a few times cause of various modifications in DDRace.

Probably I would merge my maps into the first post. But after my first post a discussion regarding bad DDrace started and I've made maps for other mods in meanwhile as well.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

I've updated the background and did some minor changes in ctf_2moons and put the downloads and some small description together in the first post.

Greetings,
Mo(2)