1,376 (edited by Stryke 2013-12-08 20:17:15)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

We know that Teeworld's mantra is K.I.S.S and I respect that. That won't be stopping me from posting some features that are the exact opposite of that. Let me wish.

Also, feel free to suggest new/modified ideas below. If you see something feel free to write "but we already have this!".

Admin/Server Tools

Team-wide Votes
When in a public match of CTF you often run into people who are purposely trying to kill your own team or harming you in another way. The other team isn't really worried about this and a lot of the time will encourage it as it hinders the opponent. What I'm asking for is if you vote to kick or move a person to the spectators and they are part of your team, you have the ability to make it a team-wide vote instead of including the other team in the vote count.

Smart Rebalancing
I understand this is already supposedly implemented but I' not sure to what extent. When I've played CTF I'll admit to noticing that new players will not be able to a join a team even if they have less players. My question is does it cross-over to a new game? I mean after a game is completed do the teams ever get auto-balanced/changed?

Smart Matchmaking
I think we all know the feeling when we're in a game and some of the other players don't just out class you, they absolutely destroy you. Having some servers with the ability to make games based on a player's skill would be awesome. *Note: I understand this would be difficult to implement but my guess is there would be an extra tab for matched servers that would use a master algorithm or something to rate players. I get this will probably never happen.

HUD

Repositionable Items
It would be great if we could reposition data on our HUD. Everything would be enclosed in a rectangle that could be dragged around and resized on your screen (in the settings).

Other

Ingame Recording
We already have demos (I understand these are NOT recordings) so I'm going to take a guess and say it's possible to have a built-in recording device for Teeworlds.

Tutorial/Singeplayer
When I showed this game to some of my friends a few dropped off because they couldn\t get the hang f the game. I believe a short interactive tutorial would help remedy this especially if people had the ability to "train" against bots at a scaleable difficulty.

Chat/Tee Filter (PLEASE READ)
I understand this has been suggested multiple times and been shot down for good reasons but I still want to make a few points.

- Some words have different meanings in other languages but some do not. I for one am sick of so and so from the KKK clan spouting the N word every other sentence. If an editable barebones list was made it would be sufficient. This also bring the point of client-side renaming. It would be great if we would be able to "rename" a tee that we find offensive to just plain old nameless tee. This would only appear on our screen and everyone else would still be able to see the real nick.

- If you won't make a filter would it be possible to lay the groundwork down so we could add the words we anted filtered ourselves?

Account System (Kill K.I.S.S)
This one is pretty self-explanatory. When signing into Teeworlds you would be prompted with a box to register or login (email account could be used for password recovery). If the authentication servers went down the fallback would be our current system. Since this horse has been beaten many times I'll just point out some of the features I'd like to accompany this.

- Optional global banning
This is hard to do since if we go off a "certain number of server bans = global ban it will be abused badly. An additional feature would be to ban all IPs associated with that account which would help bar alternate accounts from bothering people. Another option is if you're an admin, the ability to see how many servers a certain tee has been banned on

- Better Friends Functionality
Out of game private messaging/chat system. Ability to make persistent group chats would be cool too. Also features like "join Friend's session" and things like that would also be great if there are appropriate privacy settings

- Users separate from Nicks
Nicknames would work the exact same way they do now except we will have the ability to see usernames which are unique which destroys impersonating. A similar system with identification numbers would work with clans

To give new players an easier beginning we should introduce different skill-level indicators for servers.
I know this suggestion was already made, but I want to refresh this need.

It could be a simple command (sv_skill [0..2]) for 0 = easy, 1 = normal, 2 = high level.
Colors in the server browser will indicate them (there was already a sketch on teeworlds.com afaik).
Additional filter for easy, normal and high can ... filter the browser list to them.
Optimally the default setting is "Low skill level servers only".

Slayer *gV* wrote:

To give new players an easier beginning we should introduce different skill-level indicators for servers.
I know this suggestion was already made, but I want to refresh this need.

It could be a simple command (sv_skill [0..2]) for 0 = easy, 1 = normal, 2 = high level.
Colors in the server browser will indicate them (there was already a sketch on teeworlds.com afaik).
Additional filter for easy, normal and high can ... filter the browser list to them.
Optimally the default setting is "Low skill level servers only".

already added

Weapons upgrade system (Here)

I could serve it from http(s) or other protocol so, that my game servers wouldn't have lags that would be great.

I mean I could host that files on amazon aws or dropbox or in a other server.

__raz__ wrote:

I could serve it from http(s) or other protocol so, that my game servers wouldn't have lags that would be great.

It = maps?

heinrich5991 wrote:
__raz__ wrote:

It = maps?

Yes, it == maps.

Take an aimbot and use it as a bot for games with low numbers. I don't know where I found it but I remember reading that someone had made an aimbot that could move and even go after the flag and return it to the base.  when I saw it I thought it would be cool to use this as a bot for the games that are not full.  when someone joins a game a bot would disappear and when a player leaves a bot would rejoin to keep the game going.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

1,384 (edited by Emporio 2014-01-14 08:58:57)

Deleted.

My in-game nick: Gumby

1,385 (edited by Broken 2014-01-08 02:26:38)

yea he means bots that play not aimbots.

1,386 (edited by JonastheRoman 2014-01-09 00:08:09)

I thought about some powerups, since we only have the katana.
I know there already are many suggestions regarding this, but I would like to make them stay faithful to the original game, so I would suggest "boosts".
For example, if you collect a certain item you can fire 20% faster for 10 seconds.
Or you gain some kind of shield (in whatever form) for 10 seconds, which reduces damage caused to you by 20%.
Or some movement boost, or a reloading boost, or, or, or.

To not overload the maps you could add one single powerup item, which gives a random boost (alike the boxes in Nodes). That way you could also add medkits, which provide a certain amount of shields and hearts (e.g. 2 hearts, 3 shields) and also are given randomly by such power up items. There are many possibilities!
It would be nice to have a marker or something, e.g. next to your healthbar, to see, which effect currently is applied to you.

I think this could add some more flavor to the game, because a little random/luck component can bring some unpredictable situations and therefore more fun smile
Luck can play a greater role that way in some cases, but I think this is ok, especially when these items have rarely spread spawn points and an appropiate spawn interval.

To prevent camping these items could be adjusted to be not too powerful, like nice-to-have items.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

To prevent camping these items could be adjusted to be not too powerful, like nice-to-have items.

I think camping at (or fighting for) these powerups is actually the intended effect.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Jonas the Roman wrote:

I think camping at (or fighting for) these powerups is actually the intended effect.

Hmm...
That should be tested. I think they shouldn´t impact the game too much. The Katana is already a "camping item", especially for lower skill players - So I think there should not be another such item.
But of course this needs to be tested, if there will ever be such plans smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

Hmm...
That should be tested. I think they shouldn´t impact the game too much. The Katana is already a "camping item", especially for lower skill players - So I think there should not be another such item.

I think that's the whole point of powerups - they should be worth fighting for! I heard that, in high-level games, ninja is often disabled or ignored because it's kind of 'useless'.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Jonas the Roman wrote:

Hmm...

I think that's the whole point of powerups - they should be worth fighting for! I heard that, in high-level games, ninja is often disabled or ignored because it's kind of 'useless'.

Actually you are right there. The problem is, that the katana is really not that good in high level games, because the movement speed is so high! You cannot gain speed properly, at least not as much speed as your opponents, who can easily dodge your attacks or flee.
If you could switch your weapon while ninja, it might get more useful. That would change the whole concept of the ninja - from time-based to maybe 5 attacks or so, which you could use like a normal weapon, with "attacks" instead of ammunition. Only my idea how to make the katana worthier.

You could for example gain speed with a grenade, approach your enemy with a long-ranged shot by the laser and smash him with your sword attack close-up.

It would be nice to have an auto drop weapon option.  So that when you are out of ammo you automaticly switch to the next gun with available ammo. then end with the pistol and let the player switch to the hammer if they want.  It would also be nice to not be able to switch to guns without ammo.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

I am new to hosting servers, I find it really inconvenient for not being able to save and dump the current configuration, since it is very convenient to try different things from rcon.
We have saving "bans_save", dumping "dumpmem" "tune_dump" "dump_binds"...etc. and finally "exec" for loading different configs.

It makes a lot of sense to have "dump_config" or "config_save" which save a list of current configuration into a file.

d(-_-)b wrote:

I am new to hosting servers, I find it really inconvenient for not being able to save and dump the current configuration, since it is very convenient to try different things from rcon.
We have saving "bans_save", dumping "dumpmem" "tune_dump" "dump_binds"...etc. and finally "exec" for loading different configs.

It makes a lot of sense to have "dump_config" or "config_save" which save a list of current configuration into a file.

Good idea, i created an issue for it. #1182

Why CProjectile accept Weapon and type????

CProjectile::CProjectile(CGameWorld *pGameWorld, int Type, int Owner, vec2 Pos, vec2 Dir, int Span,
        int Damage, bool Explosive, float Force, int SoundImpact, int Weapon)

Unrealeased subtypes??

heinrich5991 wrote:
d(-_-)b wrote:

Good idea, i created an issue for it. #1182

Thanks, would be nice if there is patch on 0.6.x too.

I don't know if this is to much of a big change to the game but could you add diagnol walls please which you can walk up and down. This would add so many more possibilties to map making.

*EPIC-NOTHING*

@Ludini
Do you mean Slopes?

Yes I did didn't realise that was there.

*EPIC-NOTHING*

improvement of multiple command execution of server votes

sorting the call vote list by ID and not by ID and whether the player is in spec or not...

more admin hud elements

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Don't know if it was mentioned yet since I don't want to read all the 56 pages - A "quickswitch" button as in Counter Strike would be nice. Press it and switch to the last used weapon.

visit our clan!
=Eagle=