Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

Idea: It is better to make that the information what button the client presses. Thanks to this information it would be possible to make good fashions.

MAP EDITOR:

- Show assigned images in layers panel
- Addition mode to brush
- Add particle system in editor, the mapper can add smoke or etc... this can be made with specials tools to Quads & Animation Engine...
- Redesign menus, add popups ....
- Possibility to add a quad in a determinate position, not centered by default.
- Preview images in load image dialog.
- Add button to play the map with minimal physics required.

how about getting the game into steam, with some achievements system I am pretty sure a game like this can get a lot of fans as f2p and probably you guys can get some help in development if the game gets really famous, and some more mods too.
I would help you if I could but  I am not so good in programming or art but I really hope you take this suggestion seriously.

speedoXunil wrote:

how about getting the game into steam, with some achievements system I am pretty sure a game like this can get a lot of fans as f2p and probably you guys can get some help in development if the game gets really famous, and some more mods too.
I would help you if I could but  I am not so good in programming or art but I really hope you take this suggestion seriously.

noone wants to become famous
we already do have a lot of mods
but indeed we could need some help in development smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

It would be nice if the old jungle_doodads from 0.5 will be added to 0.7 additional to the 0.6 jungle_doodads, because there are a lot of differnces and I like both of them very much.

Ouh and it would be nice if someone could update the first post.

Pudding wrote:

It would be nice if the old jungle_doodads from 0.5 will be added to 0.7 additional to the 0.6 jungle_doodads, because there are a lot of differnces and I like both of them very much.

another vote for including the old 0.5 tilesets. in a day of games that come in gigabytes i dont think a few megabytes matter to most people.

Broken wrote:

another vote for including the old 0.5 tilesets. in a day of games that come in gigabytes i dont think a few megabytes matter to most people.

I searched in the changelogs, but I didn't found the reason why they replaced the old jungle_doodads. Can someone tell me? I mean, there are a lot of different mountains and backgrounds, so why not multiple doodads? As Broken said it would it would matter for the most people, because it doesn't matter for the most people to download multiple mountain grafics.

They wanted to update the tiles, and didn't include the old ones to save space. But in so doing, they broke compatibility with all 0.5 custom made maps, and 0.5 had the most fan made maps of any TW version, literally thousands.

Well you can just set the jungle tiles as embedded, don't exagerate.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Pudding wrote:
Broken wrote:

I searched in the changelogs, but I didn't found the reason why they replaced the old jungle_doodads. Can someone tell me? I mean, there are a lot of different mountains and backgrounds, so why not multiple doodads? As Broken said it would it would matter for the most people, because it doesn't matter for the most people to download multiple mountain grafics.

With 0.6 we introduced a rework of all tilesets. We created teestyle-rules which a tileset has to follow. And the old jungle tileset does NOT correspond to the teestyle. That's the easy answer.
And we do care for compatibility, but don't forget teeworlds is not finished yet and there will be more compatibility breaks in future.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Pudding wrote:

Feel free to do it.

1,312 (edited by Pudding 2013-06-13 14:51:39)

Dune wrote:

Well you can just set the jungle tiles as embedded, don't exagerate.

Excuse me for exagerarting, I just feel a bit upset by this mountain-to-doodad-ratio, because in my opinion doodads are way more important for the design.
The old jungle_doodads are bigger then 300kb. I don't want everyone to download the map for so long, I just want to klick and play.

Landil wrote:

With 0.6 we introduced a rework of all tilesets. We created teestyle-rules which a tileset has to follow. And the old jungle tileset does NOT correspond to the teestyle. That's the easy answer.

Well, at some points I agree with you, the new jungle hut looks way better then the old one, but I miss the berries/flowers and the old lianas. I don't know what these teestyle-rules include, but the berries/flowers are only some leaves with a dot in it ... http://i.imgur.com/SO4W8Uv.png ... there is still enough space left in the new jungle_doodads.

Landil wrote:

Feel free to do it.

How can I edit the first post?

If you just want some parts of the old jungle_doodads, cut them out and only embedd the few items to decrease the size.

And i honestly have to agree with those guys, its important to make progress but why drop old (good) stuff?
It wouldn't hurt to include the old_jungle_doodads as well sad

Pudding wrote:

How can I edit the first post?

Write a new and share the bbcode, if you do a good job i am sure a mod will edit the first post in your way.

As the Teeworlds development team is always taking an interest into community suggestions this is the place to tell yours. We can’t respond to all of them, but all suggestions will be read and the good ones will certainly become reality at some point in the future. To get our full attention it’s advised to describe why you want a specific feature added to the game, not just by saying “I would like this and this to change” but tell us: what problem do you experience, or why do you really miss this new feature that needs to be added. Why would the change that you’re suggestion be an improvement to the game?

In an attempt to provide some structure for this topic all suggestions will be listed here. This includes the suggestions from the old Teeworlds topic, which will now be closed. Please check this list before making a suggestion and do not suggest ideas already on the list. 

As the developers find time to respond to these suggestions the declined ones will be listed in [color=red][b]red[/b][/color], while the approved ones will be listed in [color=green][b]green[/b][/color]. Possible but uncertain future features will be listed as [color=orange][b]orange[/b][/color]. Suggestions that are invalid will be listed as [color=purple][b]purple[/b][/color]. The features already implemented will be listed as [color=blue][b]blue[/b][/color]. Please do not re-suggest declined suggestions.

[b][u]Structural changes[/u][/b]
• Allow for multiple teams (3 way CTF, 4 team TDM, etc.)
• [color=green][b]Anti-rainbow protection[/b][/color] 
• [color=red]Anti-aimbot tools / software / measures[/color]
• [color=purple]Asia-based server[/color]
• [color=blue][b]Brute-force protection for RCON login[/b][/color] 
• [color=blue][b]Clean RCON that only shows relevant data[/b][/color] 
• [color=purple]Compatibility with Mac 10.6.2 PPC[/color] (10.6 does not run in PPC)
• [color=red]Damage from falling[/color]
• [color=red]Ingame menus that are accessible from the server[/color]
• [color=green][b]In game server creation[/b][/color] ([url=http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/37]Ticket[/url])
• Integration of user created mods
• Integrated software-based anti-flood system, preventing DOS attacks
• Integration with other (higher) programming languages
• [color=purple]Manage the game options without restarting the game[/color] (more informations needed)
• More official game types (instagib, [color=green][b]race[/b][/color]) ([url=http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/287]Ticket[/url])
• [color=purple]More tuneable options[/color] (too vague, more informations needed)
• Option for OSX players to minimize window / the game 
• [color=orange]Plug-in system to allow for new game modes without the need of recompiling[/color]
• [color=green][b]Ramps and curves[/b][/color]
• [color=red]Release the game on other platforms / consoles / mobile phones[/color]
• [color=green][b]Remote RCON to manage your server from the outside[/b][/color] ([url=http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3927]Example[/url])
• uPnP port forwading
• [color=red]Quad Core support[/color]
• Windows 64 bit support

[b][u]New features[/u][/b]
• [color=red]Ability to search new servers while in an existing game[/color]
• [color=red]Ability to pass a flag without 'suicide'[/color]
• [color=orange]Allow a server to have limited administrators with limited powers[/color]
• [color=green][b]Allow custom graphics / s to be downloaded from the server[/b][/color] ([url=http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/718]Ticket[/url])
• [color=green][b]An ingame pause button[/b][/color] 
• [color=red]An level and experience system[/color]
• [color=blue][b]Auto-teambalance based on skill-level of the teams[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Auto-kick after several minutes without movement[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Auto endgame screenshot[/b][/color]
• [color=red]Automatic rejoin for full servers[/color]
• [color=red]Command to skip sudden death[/color]
• [color=green][b]Continued map downloading when the map switches[/b][/color]
• [color=red]Ingame editor for teeskins, gameskins and other graphics[/color]
• [color=green][b]Joystick input[/b][/color] ([url=http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/520]Ticket[/url])
• Killing spree messages
• [color=green][b]Lock-on spectator view[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]More information on downloadspeed, time remaining and percentage of map downloads[/b][/color] ([url=http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=57714#p57714]Example 1[/url]) ([url=http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5361]Example 2[/url])
• [color=orange]More power-ups (invisibility, invincibility, longer hook, teleport, bullet time, extreme jump, no reload)[/color]
• More weapons (shield, flamethrower, bow, m240, smoke / flash grenades, damage over time knife, mines, taser)
• Personalize your game by adding .mp3 files as background music
• [color=orange]Scroll function for the console[/color]
• [color=orange]Speed calculator[/color]
• [color=red]Unmovebale "artillery" guns / base defenses[/color]
• [color=red]Vehicles of any kind (tanks, bikes, cars, siege machines)[/color]

[b][u]Changes to existing features[/u][/b]
• [color=red]Choose whether you would like to start with a hammer or a gun[/color]
• [color=purple]Directed sounds which indicates where the sound effect is happening[/color] (It is already here, maybe it doesn't support 5.1/7.1 systems though)
• [color=blue][b]Flagrunners shouldn't be affected by teambalance[/b][/color]
• [color=red]Longer spawn-protection[/color]
• [color=orange]Map rotation that adjusts to the number of present players[/color]
• [color=purple]Multiple keybinds to one function[/color] (it is already possible)
• [color=blue][b]Ninja overlaps other players when they are in a corner[/b][/color] ([url=http://www4.pic-upload.de/thumb/23.03.10/b5g8pwd8muc.png]Example[/url])
• [color=blue][b]Not able to pick up ninja when already a ninja[/b][/color]
• Readable console time-stamp
• [color=red]Separation between "pure servers" and "non-standard servers" so people can modify settings without renaming the game type[/color]
• [color=red]Shorter self-kill respawn time[/color]
• [color=purple]Stay as a spectator when a map changes[/color] (just use sv_tournament)

[b][u]Community features[/u][/b]
• [color=orange]Ability to re-send the last message by pressing up[/color]
• [color=green][b]A global chat mute option[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Allow for non-standard characters (for Russian / Chinese players)[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Autocomplete for usernames[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Auto-kick after several minutes without movement[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Block multiple identical messages[/b][/color]
• [color=green][b]Copy - paste function in chat[/b][/color]
• Customizable chat
• Direct player-to-player chat
• Game wide chat lobby
• Implementation of clan support
• In game menu with for hotkeyed chat phrases
• [color=red]In game voice support (Mumble, Teamspeak)[/color]
• [color=invalid]Make it possible to leave comments on specific maps[/color]
• [color=red]More emoticons[/color] (Landil is reworking the emoticons)
• [color=red]Option to rate servers on their quality[/color]
• [color=red]Option to filter for maps that have never been played before[/color]
• [color=purple]Private messaging[/color] (it requires accounts)
• [color=orange]Save bans after server shut-down[/color]
• [color=red]Word censoring in chat[/color]

[b][u]Graphical / UI features[/u][/b]
• [color=blue][b]1v1 scores shown in the UI[/b][/color]
• [color=green][b]Adjustable teamcolors[/b][/color]
• [color=green][b]Advanced scoreboard[/b][/color] ([url=http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/newscoring.png]Example[/url])
• [color=red]Automatic skin download[/color]
• [color=purple]Exact colors for your tee skin[/color] (more informations needed)
• [color=red]Health / armor view for spectators[/color]
• [color=red]Ingame selection of game skins[/color]
• Radar / minimap display (team only) ([url=http://img.tee-city.net/images/2009121216.png]Example[/url])
• [color=green][b]Menu to manage kicks and bans of players[/b][/color] ([url=http://img1.imagebanana.com/img/qxxtrni6/screenshot0010.png]Example[/url])
• [color=purple]More default mapres[/color]
• [color=purple]More default skins[/color]
• [color=purple]More default tilesets[/color]
• Multiple themes to choose from for the lobby
• [color=orange]Separate ammo display for each weapon[/color] ([url=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/661/teeworlds.png]Example[/url])
• UI based latency indicator
• UI that can be changed without compiling

[b][u]Demo recording[/u][/b]
• [color=orange]Ability to edit demo recordings in game[/color]
• [color=orange]Ability to hide the chat and UI when demo recording[/color]
• [color=red]Ability to move the screen with the mouse while viewing[/color]
• [color=blue][b]A delete button for each demo recording[/b][/color]
• [color=blue][b]Auto demo recording[/b][/color]
• [color=green][b]Combine the demo and map in one compressed file[/b][/color] ([url=http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/781]Ticket[/url])
• [color=orange]Ingame demo recording tutorial[/color]
• [color=blue][b]Make the pause function stop everything[/b][/color]
• [color=orange]Scrolling could widen the range of slow motion and fast forward[/color]
• Show demo recordings with a preview image
• [color=blue][b]Show saved demo files in a tree-structure with folders and sub-folders[/b][/color]
• Three different views: camera locked on self, spectator view, camera locked on someone else

[b][u]Map editor[/u][/b]
• [color=blue][b]Ability to increase map size to the top left, not just to the down right[/b][/color]
• Ability to type numbers instead of needing to click
• Allow for more than 12 layers
• Choose the color in the green point of the middle of the quad instead of the corners
• Destructable map elements
• [color=red]Don't allow inactive players to vote after a minute[/color]
• More accessible map editor:
  o Ingame button
  o Ingame help / tutorial
• Effect tiles which affect the player with fire, water, quicksand, etc.
• Hookable death tiles
• Major improvements made by [i]shmafoozius[/i] ([url=http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1712]Example[/url])
• Make / clear death tiles
• Make / clear teleport tiles
• Map editor shouldn’t have to require tileset_borderfix and dilate to make PNGs
• Moving map element (doors, gates, bridges)
• Option for envelopes to delete +pos and +color layers
• “Realistic” appearance of water and smoke
• [color=blue][b]Save button[/b][/color]
• Undo button
• Size option in the quad editor
• Support for .GIF and animated .PNG files
• Team blocking tiles
• Tiles that you can walk through but don't allow shots to pass

[b][u]Vote functions[/u][/b]
• Exclusive votes for server administrators
• [color=red]Limited time to vote at the beginning of a match, after that voting gets disabled[/color]
• [color=blue][b]Next map vote for public maps[/b][/color] (Use change_map)
• [color=blue][b]Option to comment on why you kick someone[/b][/color]
• [color=red]Requirement of 80% yes votes[/color]
• [color=red]Separated map and server option votes[/color]
• Showing percentages for votes
• Some basic vote options on default server
• [color=blue][b]Spectators shouldn't be allowed to vote[/b][/color]
• Vote to take someone’s kickvote power away
• Vote to mute spamming users

[b][u]Minor, non-game changing features[/u][/b]

• AFK animations
• [color=purple]A hotkey which will display playernames[/color] (just display the scoreboard)
• [color=red]Back to 0.4.3 grenade and hook sounds[/color]
• Message when timing out
• [color=red]Modified scoring for flag captures (for in example (fly)race maps)[/color]
• Music in the menus
• Soundeffects for map-related events
• [color=red]Spectator zoom[/color]
• [color=blue][b]Use the arrow keys to navigate through the server browser[/b][/color]
• Use the arrow keys to navigate through the menus

[color=orange][b][u]Account based functions[/u][/b][/color] ([i]Accounts are currently not implementend, but will be at some point[/i])
• Ability to report specific users
• Account based statistics
• Achievement system
• A personal ignore option
• Auto-join on clanmembers
• Ingame system to form clans
• List for friends and ignored users 
• Long term statistics about kill / death ratio, flags times, weapon usage, etc.
• Show the nationality of each player ([url=http://azmeuk.fr/upload/files/mockup_teeworlds.png]Example[/url])
• Use clan name as team name instead of "Red" or "Blue"

[b]UPDATING ON HOLD UNTIL REAL PROGRESS IS MADE. // Azon[/b]
updated by Ubuntu 13-03-11 //Landil

Just edit this one smile

@jungle doodads: in that way it does not fit the teestyle and thus we dropped it. Besides there is only very few space left at the jungle doodads. Sure, it's always possible to put some 1x1 tiles in, but we just do not want the berries there.

That, or use the Quote feature to pull the BBCode :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

1,316 (edited by unsigned char* 2013-07-04 22:06:05)

Broken wrote:

On topic: I'd like to request again the editor allow direct inputs of numbers in all fields. It's very bothersome to click right arrow 100 times every time.

Hold SHIFT while you change the numbers with the mouse smile

unsigned char* wrote:
Broken wrote:

On topic: I'd like to request again the editor allow direct inputs of numbers in all fields. It's very bothersome to click right arrow 100 times every time.

Hold SHIFT while you change the numbers with the mouse smile

This moves numbers slower not faster. Just allow direct inputs.

Shift + Click is not really long, that should be ok.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Systemd improve.
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10415

MMORPG SERVER !!!  WITH CLASES: WIZZARDS,HEALER,PALADIN,ROGUE,NECROMANCER... and a lot others like the server Battle *mod* and WAR mod, For example Wizzard can shoot something like fireballs with the hammer and have buffs or somethng like that,healers can heal other tees with hammer or something else,Plaladins have VERY much life,rogues can have stealth smile and other stuff WILL BE SO FREAKING COOL big_smile !!! if you guys make it !! the map  will be one base a really small place like a tower where TEES resurect and there will be a safe zone and if you go out of the city (tower) is a pvp zone where u can fight other tees !!!! smile and will be really small map and on the other side of the pvp area will have the same tower. And in the towers tees can go and heal their selfes after a fight,,, and if they make for example  5 kills without dying they will gain something like bonuses... more damage,double hp,buffs,sprints,more magics will be a MMORPG combine mods with WAR3,WAR,BAttle and will become simmilar to Diablo 2 PvP and will be THE BEST EVER SERVER(MOD) in Teeworlds it will become unique ^_^

Fifi wrote:

Just a bug report (taken from 0.7 trunk version):
http://img.nopaste.pl/upload/Zrzut%20ekranu%20z%202013-04-04%2023:00:39_515eeb946bfc4.png
I know that the custom skins were made for more freedom, but it will result in a lot of ugly skins. There should be an option to see only default (0.6.2 pre-made) skins with 0.6.2 colours (the most similar if somebody 0.7 ones were out of scale, or the same if he had colours in 0.6.2 scale). D: I really don't wanna watch tees with mad skins.

Nice idea, I already had a similar thought. Should be feasible! smile

What I'd like to see is a converter for the standard skins in 0.6 to 0.7 so that one can look exactly the same in 0.7 if one chose a (potentially custom-colored) standard skin.

I am working on it, but am very lazy tongue

1,324 (edited by Broken 2013-08-03 16:27:00)

The latest request for an automatic matching service got me thinking... I really think a "Keep It Simple Stupid" approach for a modest matching service would be really helpful to get brand new players right into the game.

As it is now, they see a long list of unfriendly text servers without knowing what's what (and often join pro servers thinking it's okay to just 'butt' in or weird mods that confuse them).

How about... something like a simple "Join a Ctf game now!" button that is easy to see, that joins you to the Ctf server nearest you with most people (maybe ctf5 so as to avoid EVIL/POLICE servers, but those are rarely full anyway).

And this helps promote the original vanilla TW game as well. It seems a reasonable small step as opposed to a fully featured lobby and matching service.

I want to bump the suggestion "more powerups" (runes), as i am sure it will add some new fresh teeish gameplay that fits.

There can be more than one powerup on the map. They shouldnt be too imbalanced, but strong enough to fight for.
To control the mid (powerup-spots) of a map will be as important as def and attack.

E.g:
- invisibility, that lasts for few seconds and until you do any attack
- regeneration, that heals you up slowly for few seconds (or even your ammo)
- heal, that heals you fully
- speed (move and or reloads)
- shield, that blocks few damage (10?)

/discuss