526 (edited by Zatline 2011-03-29 15:20:54)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

I made a concept about the radar / minimap idea, because I like this idea and I think it would be nice to have a minimap or radar in Teeworlds. smile

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6943/twhudconcept1.png

stop with your stupid ideas like this RADAR, only noobs wants Radar... into the game you must search teamates or enemys, no radar will help you

CarmineZ wrote:

stop with your stupid ideas like this RADAR, only noobs wants Radar... into the game you must search teamates or enemys, no radar will help you

Don't be so rude O_o, it could be a nice idea in races or something else since noobcreated maps are really confusing..

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

529 (edited by exalkun 2011-03-29 15:57:01)

Apmox wrote:

Don't be so rude O_o, it could be a nice idea in races or something else since noobcreated maps are really confusing..

Well you shouldnt play noob created maps.

I dont like the idea either . Radars wont benefit in a fast pacing game like teeworlds.

And as for races i would more like a bar with a positionmark on it.
kinda like this (0%---------50%---------100%) and your skin moves along the bar depending on how far your position is.

But still this is really not needed.

Anyway i guess in this topic is kinda roll up needed many ( almost all)  suggested things are not commentated if they are considered or not for upcoming versions.

Zatline, I think having an idea where your flag is and finding the ennemy flag is a part of the game. That's only my opinion, but I think we really don't need it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

CarmineZ wrote:

if you're f***ing  smart enough to realize, it can tell you where your teammates are and where your own flag carrier is. good idea, but maybe a bit bulky.

alias wrote:

it can tell you where your teammates are and where your own flag carrier is. good idea, but maybe a bit bulky.

Yep, if it shows only your mates and the flagbringer of your team it would be balanced. But i think it doesn't fit to KISS mentality, so it doesn't with the Teeworlds standard client. Maybe someone could code a .patch that would be similar to the Teeworlds Gamer one (it shows only the map).

What i would like is a minimap for new players, maybe as popup (as not all know how to use the editor) (ofc whole map). But a radar is rly not needed...

alias wrote:
CarmineZ wrote:

if you're f***ing  smart enough to realize, it can tell you where your teammates are and where your own flag carrier is. good idea, but maybe a bit bulky.

The problem would be custom clients again - with only two connections to the server, you can see all tees at once. That's a problem.

535 (edited by Dune 2011-03-29 18:09:26)

heinrich5991 wrote:

The problem would be custom clients again - with only two connections to the server, you can see all tees at once. That's a problem.

Not if you show ennemy players' position too, by default. If someone is motivated to, you could code such a client-sided feature, it's not really hard to code and you could show only you and the map around.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I think you're right with ''a radar is not needed.''. wink
But I like the idea with the minimap.
But there was written ''radar / minimap'' in the idea collection, so I put both things in this concept.

But I already think that a minimap would be nice for teeworlds. :3

I want to make it up to 32 people xD

sasha8213 wrote:

I want to make it up to 32 people xD

Kottizen already provided to do this almost, and Dune implemented it in his Client.

Dune wrote:

Please see this page for more information about the Kottizen's 32 tee project. It is now natively implemented in the gamer since version 3.2. The client supports 16 spectators slots more (a total of 32 players on the server)

Anyway masterservers doesn't allow to host servers with more than 16 players. You can add to your master servers Kottizen's one:

master32.kottnet.net

A 32 players match would be interesting with 3 or more teams, instead of 16on16. It's a bit confusing. :S

539 (edited by ghost 2011-04-01 18:57:40)

There is a reason why it has been taken off from this site. It is still very experimental and the official master servers don't support it yet. You would not see a single server. There are buildbot builds however. I don't know where though.

small edit for map
http://images.sevstar.net/images/85616123405429151051_thumb.jpg

I have some little suggestions:

A new command: toggle_dynamic_camera (no need for two binds anymore)

A Move and a rename Button for Demos

A reload settings.cfg Button (no need to restart the game anymore)

A choose Resolution Button at startup

Hope you agree with these things. smile

Wapps.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

• toggle_dynamic_c is not needed. Even now you can do it with only one bind with exec and two files

• Renaming demos is already done. What do you mean by moving? Move them between folders?

• This is not that easy to do, I tried it myself and failed epicly. However, there is already an issue for that, but it probably won't be done for 0.6

• No idea about that one, although there is a discussion about a complete startup dialogue, maybe that is even better

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

Yes! please do it!

Yeah moving between folders, because I often get Demos from my friends and so on, sometimes I want to order them,
but going into the Demo folder with the normal Explorer is very "circuitous" smile

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

sasha8213 wrote:
wapps.warpaint. wrote:

Yes! please do it!

What about this?

exec settings.cfg

Who said about the radar as an exact match? It can be jsut a minimap, like when u press tab, you can see the small version of the map, like in editor with min zoom. Like if you join the unknown map you can easily check its structure.

Stay wild big_smile

547 (edited by Franchan 2011-04-04 22:29:32)

for 0.6 i guess because these ideas are not so big

- Ability to tell if you are muted or being spectated

- Maybe a client setting or server setting that stops spectators from watching health and ammo

- filter, info, friends tab highlights when mouse is over them

- names on server info are kinda confusing (in the menu)

-/w

"Bigger" idea: PM function for clan wars or events? (or link it to forum PM too)

548 (edited by Excellion 2011-04-08 18:55:30)

Hi everyone !
(I'm French so i'm sorry if my English is bad >.<)

I had some ideas :
1 - Could it be possible to make a "random" on maps, and not only a rotation ?
   1.1 - When a map is selected (randomly or not), is it possible to automatically set the game mod ? (example : for a race map, set the race mod wink) (If a map is playable on multiple game mods, we should rename the map to something like : "[ModPlayable01-ModPlayable02-ModPlayable03][Author] name of the map.map". Going this way, we can split the name to pick-up the game mods, and let the serv'admin choose (or make a vote) !)

2 - Make some moving maps ! I'm thinking about the Super Smash Bros Brawl map, on Link's boat (for example big_smile)
   2.1 -  As you guessed, it also includes tee deaths by kicking them out of the ring !!

3 - When you're almost dead (something like 3 hearts remaining), is it possible to make the shine ? (As a warning sign ...)

Thanks for reading big_smile

Whats about shortcuts/hotkeys in the menu? I prefer using the keyboard instead of the mouse..
(q = Quit, s = Settings.....)

550 (edited by KillaBilla 2011-04-08 20:29:57)

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Whats about shortcuts/hotkeys in the menu? I prefer using the keyboard instead of the mouse..
(q = Quit, s = Settings.....)

Not needed. Already implemented:
Quit: bind q quit
Settings: bind s "ui_page 9"