Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

Power up idea: Double damage. Lasts for 10 seconds. Tee is glowing, or possibly has a fire animation around him or above him while it is in effect. Perhaps a timer on the screen to show how long you have.

Weapon idea(s): A weapon similar to laser, except it has a bar instead of ammo and you can hold in the left mouse button, and the weapon will keep shooting out the laser in a wavy-straight line. It should do one damage per second to keep it balanced.

Another one would be a weapon similar to the grenade launcher, except it has a 3-second timer before it explodes, so you can skillfully ricochet the ammo of a wall into a cave in which the camper is hiding in. Would have somewhat of a shrapnel explosion effect.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

I think will be great if in teeworlds will be colored chat messages (like in my second favorite game, CoD4:MW)
e.g. typing ^1pwn'd produces pwn'd and so on another colors.

- What was noise?
- Ze sound of progress, my friend.

this was suggested some years ago and it was decided to be annoying in tw

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

479 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2011-02-14 19:12:55)

lower grenade speed to avoid grenade spamming

[EDIT]
Currently only few ppl are playing TDM, maybe make this gametype more interesting....
An idea i got would be to support more teams for tdm, maybe up to 8
[/EDIT]

I realy would be happy if:
-There would be a Gameplay2 in the Editor.
-There would be a German/rus/etc. Language.
-There would be a new thnk in the Editor,which all tiles delets,which oure not using.(it realy would help city server!)

I think there should be a new weapons explosives smile.  You just drop one and once another tee steps on it it blows up.  (I know there is probably a lot of problems with this idea but...)

You might add the joysticks big_smile I have been wanting something like that to happen for a while now.

Please use the edit function //Landil

How come everyones heard of Bill Gates but few people hear of Linus Torvalds? Binary is getting close to building a website big_smile

I don't know the version where the explosionradius of the grenade got increased but i'd definitely like to have it decreased again.
I recently played an older versioin of teeworlds again and it made so much more fun than playing 0.5.x. Shooting with the grenade launcher just felt better. You had to be more precise an couldn't just press and hold left mouse buton.

And i miss the hook sound.

1) Damage done counter, list of best-damagers
2) Teleports
3) Anti-aimbots
And please don't do damage from falling! smile

djanga wrote:

Damage done counter

i also already thought about this idea, this could be really interesting to implent such a thing in a new scoreboard. It's not at all needed, but its always interesting to see statistics after a game

I'm as an artist would not refuse to:

http://images.sevstar.net/images/42227950986272521232.png

486 (edited by Niki49 2011-03-03 21:33:52)

I would be happy about an "Ingame-Server-Browser" like the one in Z-Team Pack, 'caus it is really useful to search other players and servers ingame without leaving the current server.

impossible wrote:

I'm as an artist would not refuse to:

http://images.sevstar.net/images/42227950986272521232.png

I was thinking about a rework of the skin system for 0.7, but not for 0.6

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

New small idea: Ability to use the shutdown command like the restart command. With a timer that says "Server will be shutdowned in 30 seconds...". And if the server will be shutdowned all players will be kicked with a message like "Server shutdowned" so the players know what happend. I can make a patch for this if you like it, because I already used it in one of my mods.

Azon wrote:

Word censoring in chat

I already made a mod that uses this feature. So I can make a patch too.

489 (edited by analog 2011-03-12 19:46:22)

In the latest trunk version, I realized that when a person mentions your name, the color of the text is red. How about a setting to change the color of the text containing your name?

Also, i see that name tags are colored by the teams. I would like a setting to return them to white.

the best thing that should be implemented is easier server hosting wink
current way is a little hard yikes

Once in a century...

KillaBilla wrote:

Azon wrote:

Word censoring in chat

I already made a mod that uses this feature. So I can make a patch too.

Huh, did you notice the red suggestions are the refused suggestions?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@Elite Tee: It is not hard at all. All you have to do is start the server binary. The configuration is done either with the autoexec.cfg or you specify your own configuration file with the -f parameter. It's pretty straight forward, isn't it? This system is very similar (if it is not exact the same) to the way other servers (e.g. apache as web-server) are started on unix like systems. So this should really be the best way. If you want to start the server as a deamon you could create a start/stop/restart script very easily if you have a bit of unix knowledge (and I believe these things exist already somewhere in this forum). Also for windows there are tools that help you in creating a server, if you do it on your local machine. There is even a free web-interface that is capable of creating, starting, stopping, creating configurations and everything you need. With this it is very easy to control your servers via your web-browser. These methods should really be sufficient.

What way did you think of handling the servers anyway?

ghost91, and what's about handling it like any other game, means in a simple and user-friendly way? Not editing cfgs with unknow languages, just some server creating panel...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Server host options have to be included in the game.

Stay wild big_smile

*updated by Ubuntu*

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I was thinking: In the menu(server browser) that there should be a "Host server" button as apposed to "Join server". And in "host server" we chose all configs for our server...simple and easy smile

Once in a century...

I would not be happy about this "easy host thing", caus many people would spam the serverlist with their laggy servers, there are enough yet. and if you understood serverhosting, u will notice that it is rly simple wink

Why would easy server hosting => crappy servers? I really don't get it...
This is like making the Internet harder because making it easier could also make it easier for dumbasses.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I don't know either how would they spam the server list with "laggy servers" ?????? -_-
but hey! Whatever... wink

Once in a century...

Hi!

I would love to see the power of the hammer bring back as two years ago (when it was possible to do much damage in a short time) because I think the hammer is kinda never used nowadays except in extreme case when we have no weapon and in close combat, for me it loses all interest in this weapon and the fun it provided, I remember before it was possible to play only with this weapon, although it was hard but now it's just impossible or destined to fail.
Plus two years ago the length of the hook was longer, so I think if the hammer back as before, the game will always be balanced.

It was my 2 yens about this weapon that I miss alot, my love is gone I want it back!