Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

Map editor should add ".map" automatically to a saved or opened map, so you don't need to type it, or is here anyone who want to open an other file as .map? wink

Maybe in tw should be new graphic-style levels? On sunset, like next to last level in chapter one in world of goo? (All things black on orange background)

- What was noise?
- Ze sound of progress, my friend.

253 (edited by Blue 2010-03-25 21:28:12)

I think teeworlds maps should be .twm not .map. The extension .map doesn't make clear what kind of file it is, windows thinks it's a linker adress map.

void ..

It would be cool if you could upload a new map to a server even if the server is not running on your computer.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

Magic Merlin wrote:

It would be cool if you could upload a new map to a server even if the server is not running on your computer.

that's called ftp access, and it's not a teeworlds related feature.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

256 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-03-29 01:30:09)

Implement "Reserved Slots" or be more flexible with logout-messages that causes "Enter-Password-Popups" (add Reserved Slots to the wanted words?)

Zeratul wrote:

http://www4.pic-upload.de/thumb/23.03.10/b5g8pwd8muc.png
hmm not the most nice screen, but i think you can see what i mean^^ (now the ninja is in front at the same position of the target, (sry my fault, the other one can attack too >.<))

I have visited the link you have given and I really liked the first look. But after selecting the weapon it was loading sign up page. But then time out occurred. I tried to load that page many times but sign up page didn't opened. Are you working on it?? or this is the problem faced because of my slow net connection??

258 (edited by ilili 2010-03-31 14:55:01)

How about a BEARD that gives you armor?!
I'm serious
Ok, of course you should be able to change the settings if you don't want to see that beard (for the bad people out there....)

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

Window for votes should close itself after a vote was chosen

i would like a invisible skin and a invisible game skin that would be cool

big bomb wrote:

They exists... but I think they will never become official.

big bomb wrote:

yeah and a invisible world.....stupid, i dont play to see nothing, i play to see nice tee's in an nice environment

the tileset "death tiles" should be an official tileset

264 (edited by [Krypton] Sky 2010-04-03 19:55:08)

What about vote spec?

there is now possible in ddrace mod make moving blocks (now lasers, weapon,...) what do you think about use ground blocks for moving? I have 1000 ideas with it, like elevators etc.

or like this
http://i43.tinypic.com/suxe3b.jpg

but moving ground blocks is not possible via mod, it need new client

Hello!

I have another suggestion:

What about banning, even if the player left the game before the vote passed?

A common tactic to avoid kick-voting is to leave the game before the vote passes.
There should be a way to prevent this, by always banning the player's IP, even if he/she leaves.

Regards,
Schokomuesli

I dont know if this is already has ben asked for but here is my suggestion:

have a low ping only setting.. you can do it like this:

sv_ping 70  were 70 is max ping.. smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

@ MertenNor: What exactly do you want? A server option that forbidds clients with ping > 70 (e.g.) to connect/join the game? That is sort of stupid, in my opinion. For example what would happen, if the ping suddenly rises, because there are problems with the provider, the client would get kicked immedeatly? What do you think this feature would be usefull for?

why u can`t do it in different parts like 0.5.5 and 0.5.4 so we all can get litle parts earlyer
i think that is better because i want a new version

srry because my english

Haro wrote:

why u can`t do it in different parts like 0.5.5 and 0.5.4 so we all can get litle parts earlyer
i think that is better because i want a new version

ah so you would like to download every week a new client? i dont think so.
however, as far as i know the devs are atm too busy (or only not motivated?) to programme for the next release, but you can, if you like, follow the progressing with the trac or help to develope it.
PS: you meant 0.5.2.1 etc?

I was thinking maybe there should be a chat on here,but hey,just throwing ideas big_smile

Ill mostly be making maps for this site ( if i could figure out how to post maps....)

Here, in the forum?
Why? big_smile

There is already an IRC channel, you can join it and chat here with the Teeworlds community.

I forgot about that but Y'know so the place wont get swarmed with questions, on the forums.

Ill mostly be making maps for this site ( if i could figure out how to post maps....)

The map editor sould optimize the maps at saving so that empty unneeded fields aren't really saved (for example an internally grouping of filled fields or another efficient algorithm). This will increase the overall performance and decrease the memory usage for the server (especially for big game layers). Another effect is that the connection to the server will be faster and players will get less the message "too weak connection (not acked for 10 seconds)".

275 (edited by Retro-ninja 2010-04-15 02:16:11)

I don't like where this is going.
I just joined this game and I have grown to love it. Some of these changes wanting to be made and i think it completely crushes the fun in the game that I've come to love. Stuff like damage from falling puts limits on what makes the game what it really is. I see this game as a balls out fun fest with no limits where you just shoot things that aren't your color. I've been looking for ages for a game this good. I LOVE the fact that there is no log in system and no level ups and what not, you just double click the icon and open a barrel of fun. i think a level up system will attract power wanters and soon after there will be countless hacks, MARK MY WORDS, so some of the "suggestions" I think are a bad idea and most things about the GAMEPLAY should stay the same like i said things are GREAT as is please only change things that NEED to be changed. Please keep the game good while it still is.
-Andy

I...DRINK...YOUR...MILKSHAKE!!!!!!!