26 (edited by clarus 2009-09-16 16:13:36)

Re: [QUESTION] Is it alright to increase the number of users?

and its pointless... why u want to ban a pure server only cuz there are client bots on it? If magnet would ban those server i would create such client only to join all insta servers to get them banned big_smile

No, because if I see 4 clients with the same IP, named Royal Bot, playing like bots, and connect 24/24 7/7 since 1 month, I would ban them quickly from my instagib servers tongue !
Whereas if it is allowed, I could create light fake clients, connect them to my vanilla servers, and be in the server top list for number of players.
PS : if it is decided to allow it, please notice me, since I have some mod coding experience, I could make these fake clients in about one day I think.

clarus wrote:

Hum ... it seems that zeRezo admins are just your friends. So for one hand you post messages all the days and ban cheating mods. But one the other, zeRezo admins have time.
Maybe you are just hoping that people will forget that. But I do not, so that is why I ask again to ban these servers.

This is ridiculous, I don't know them anymore than other admins. The admin was just smart enough to ask about the situation before we had the problem of modded servers advertising fake numbers, and we didn't care until then as long as the bots weren't distributed. It seems unfair that we would ban this server now after having told the admin it was OK a few months ago. If you feel it is an unfair exception, so be it. It is for the time being, we might change our minds later.

Finally, I am not "hoping" anything. Why would I need to hope that you forget it? You are free to run your own mastersrv if you are not happy. Do you have any more outrightly stupid accusations ? Please understand that we don't have much time for Teeworlds, and on that little time we try not to spend to much on the masterlist moderation. I check the list from time to time, but personally if I'm playing I am using favourites only.

One thing is: the server is not modded. So stop spreading nonsense (that's addressed to Kottizen, you are warned). Okay, maybe that's not the problem, but that was it when we took the decision. Once again, we'll see what we decide when we take the time to care for it.

It doesn't change the fact that we won't allow new servers to do the same, it would only propagate the problem. I do agree that it would be a solution for zeRezo to mod their servers to hide bots, but I have a hard time asking anyone to mod a server because I am quite simply not a fan any form of modding which happens to take matricks' time and mine.

I am leaving that pointless discussion. If you like modding so much, why don't you mod your client not to show that particular masterlist entry? Light clients is malicious whereas the intent of zeRezo's admin was a proof of concept well before public servers had built-in bots and faked player numbers.

28 (edited by Lanta 2009-09-16 16:19:05)

Sushi Tee wrote:
clarus wrote:

u should read before answering... on zeRezo are just modded clients as bots wink at least mrlantastic said so wink

Since you like read before answering, please read my comment here big_smile.
And yes, zeRezo increase the number of player adding 4 bots, so it is linked with the title.

i read that post wink

and its pointless... why u want to ban a pure server only cuz there are client bots on it? If magnet would ban those server i would create such client only to join all insta servers to get them banned big_smile:D

that's the point. Tnx Sushi 4 this great example tongue
The point is that u can't ban a server because of client that join. And admins can't ban that clients. This client can be, indifferent, bots or cheat client. If a cheater join a server, you can't close the server because of the cheater or the bot. That's not right.
I think his server his ok, i've read your message 743245238945 time and i saw your point of view, but... yikes

Implementation is not linked with the fact that there are 4 players in server list which are not.

In fact, players count do not count players, but clients connected to the server. There is and there won't be any control about the client, if it's a cheater or a bot. It's a client like the other. It's not a player? Not our problem. The server can't know this.

Edit: tnx magnet for your reply. Totally agree.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

29 (edited by clarus 2009-09-16 17:03:53)

• answer to mrlantastic :

that's the point. Tnx Sushi 4 this great example

You posted it as I was writing this message tongue. It explains why it is a bad example.

i've read your message 743245238945 time

hahahahaha tongue

In fact, players count do not count players, but clients connected to the server.

Not really : it is easy to change it. Just see how tCatch mod works with dummies.

• answer to Magnet :

This is ridiculous, I don't know them anymore than other admins.

I was just kidding tongue.

If you like modding so much, why don't you mod your client not to show that particular masterlist entry?

I expected more than jokes from an admin as you sad.

Please understand that we don't have much time for Teeworlds, and on that little time we try not to spend to much on the masterlist moderation.

It is a bad thing, since 1000 players depend one you, each second. Still, even if you do not often check the master list, here people are telling you the cheating servers. And it would be faster for you to ban it instead and answering a long post, so it not a time problem.

It seems unfair that we would ban this server now after having told the admin it was OK a few months ago.

Maybe you took a good decision when you allowed this server. But with what we know today about admins using faking players and what are the true problems, not.
And it is not a step back to reverse your decision. zeRezo admins are not idiot, they should understand.

It doesn't change the fact that we won't allow new servers to do the same, it would only propagate the problem.

It is hard for me to follow you ... You said before it was not a problem, now it is ... ???

Light clients is malicious whereas the intent of zeRezo's admin was a proof of concept well before public servers had built-in bots and faked player numbers.

Yes, they made great job ! But as you just said, it is a proof of concept, so it should not be intended to be used on a public server.

I am leaving that pointless discussion.

To leave will hide you the problem, but cannot solve it smile.
Hoping I was not so rude again.

I dont understand why you make such a big problem of this BS. Why dont you STFU and let the admins do their work. Every time you provocate an admin to reply to your bumped nonsense topics you steal their time, which they could spend more effectively. This is not so goddamn serious to cry about it in every second thread. Cant you ignore gay servers ? FFS.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

clarus wrote:

In fact, players count do not count players, but clients connected to the server.

Not really : it is easy to change it. Just see how tCatch mod works with dummies.

u are wrong! The dummies there are dummies created by the server. They are not clients!!! U cant hide a client in server browser even its modded! It will ever be shown as player!

And pls dont say im wrong with this... i know the mod creater and even helped him a bit so... just stfu!

and can sombody pls close this discussion?!

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

32 (edited by clarus 2009-09-16 18:01:32)

Cant you ignore gay servers ?

The problem is not why I repeat myself, but why I do not get any answer. And I am an admin, so this kind of server is unfair for me. So I am concerned.

u are wrong! The dummies there are dummies created by the server. They are not clients!!

I make mods too. And it is easy to hide clients connected from locahost for example, or with Royal Bot name.

and can sombody pls close this discussion?!

I expected more from you ... you can abort this discussion, but please do not ask to close it for other people !

i think this thread should be closed because
     1. The question of the thread-master is answered
     2. The following posts are offtopic and senseless

Zeratul wrote:

i think this thread should be closed because
     1. The question of the thread-master is answered
     2. The following posts are offtopic and senseless

and i think the same.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

35 (edited by Kottizen 2009-09-16 19:23:01)

It would be good if some moderator could remove all off-topic (including this post), or make a new topic and put this discussion there (except this post).