Re: [MOD] Lvl|X

Baschtel wrote:

I think the binary is connecting to the mysql database. No one will see passwords or something like that

Ever heard of a Hex-Editor?
You can see and even change hardcoded strings...

There are several ways to protect a string from being read but in the end everybody can Sniff the packets, get the IP etc and create pipes.

Smart people would be able to destroy the plan.

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

352 (edited by Baschtel 2010-02-07 02:04:42)

Tom94 wrote:
Baschtel wrote:

I think the binary is connecting to the mysql database. No one will see passwords or something like that

Ever heard of a Hex-Editor?
You can see and even change hardcoded strings...

There are several ways to protect a string from being read but in the end everybody can Sniff the packets, get the IP etc and create pipes.

Smart people would be able to destroy the plan.

I know hex editors. And you are right. I ve written without thinking before
At this time there are enough servers

|||||||www||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||clubfreeware||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||de|||||

I didnt play lvl x in a long time but when i played today on the aDM server i saw a Shield Powerup.
I'm not exactly surewhat its doing and how it works but you should probably add that to the /info command.

And PLEEEEEEAAAASE- balance the damn shotgun -.-
Im getting so pissed the literally every weapon is so much stronger... how about 1 more bullet every 20 str?
Just make it sronger and balanced -.-

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

354 (edited by Sushi Tee 2010-03-21 01:21:10)

ok it will be a bit stronger in next release ^^

about the shield... it just spawns randomly in the map and u can collect it. It will block bullets and laser. It the shield touches an enemy it will explode and causes dmg just like a normal explosion does. It wont damage the owner smile

edit: i made the shotgun stronger... with 31 str u will get 2 more bullets instead with 51 str... next 2 bullets will be with 81 str... i didnt test any further xD
And the maximal bullet number is higher now... should be 13 bullets... if im not wrong u will get this with 181 str xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

355 (edited by Magic Merlin 2010-03-23 19:02:10)

THANK YOU.
Finally. The Shotgun is now officially usefull.

About the 100 and 200 sta thing. Write that to /info sta.
Some ideas for the other stats:

STR::
(100) every 4 kills without dieng you get 1 ammo for your special weapon. (Almost everybody has at least 100 str)
(200) every 2 kills without dieng you get 1 ammo for your special weapon. (I think there are 8 ppl with 200 str)

INT:
(100) If you pick up any weapon you get 2 ammo for every other weapon too. (100 INT ppl are pretty rare)
(200) 3 or 4 Ammo for every other weapon if you pick up a weapon (I doubt that too many ppl have this)

DEX:
Are you kidding?
Some idiot really has 100 dex or even 200? You should really check this... though Im gonna think of something for dex too...

Just some ideas.

And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw

hmm im not sure about this... what about hammer? will u get 1 more ammo, too? xD
It sounds kinda unfair since u really have enough ammo with that much str!

btw... there are 114 ppl with 100 int or more... nobody has 200 wink
for dex its only 4 ppl and the highest one has 117 wink

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Magic Merlin wrote:

DEX:
Are you kidding?
Some idiot really has 100 dex or even 200? You should really check this... though Im gonna think of something for dex too...

Just some ideas.

I didn't read all of the 15 pages, I also didn't read the whole first post.

But I have an idea for DEX? smile

The higher the dex, the less curvature of a weapon?
like uhm...
normal curvature  = (FOR EXAMPLE 5)
with every level this gets decreased by... 0.2?

privet

never... at least one bit of normal gameplay should be in it... it would completely destroy it wink

*gV* rox ^^

Servers are down?

A feature that you should add:
Message that starts like this: xxlogin xxxxxxxxxxxx should automatically be blocked.
Except if its a /login´. but a feature like this would probably safe some people from yelling out their account informations.

they can change the pw after they failed ^^

and yes Servers are down... the oster is currently installing a new OS... i hope the server will be on soon again smile

*gV* rox ^^

Yep, Ubuntu Karmic now running, works. But it is still not using both cores.

Official hoster of the Lvl|x servers | lvlx.org
Mirroring popular Mods at teeworlds.secu.in
Hosting tons of Servers on my Gbit Root

Hi ,
My name is EspaDa|10 - ShYb4! . as you can see I FANSY your mod ( lvl|x ) . If you like me to host server for you Im OK.
I really enjoy your mod but sometimes, not im to good, nearly ALWAYS there are Connection Problems big_smile.
I have a friend who wants to host your Lvl|x DM or COOP . His really trustable.

Thank You
P.S my english is bad im from poland big_smile

E-Mail me for it big_smile

the crashes last time were due to some bugusers but those bugs are fixed now.

There is no Point in hosting more european servers since it would just make the servers empty wink

*gV* rox ^^

And one mor3 . :d Why ? im asking WHY? you wont add maps DM1 and iFreeze3 to the map change list ??

365 (edited by Tommi 2010-04-05 17:47:47)

Hi  : )
Are the servers down?
I can't connect to Lvl|x servers sad  sad  sad

Still need help sad i can't connect to lvl|x servers
Help, please :-(

Merged double post. Please do not "bump" topics in hope of a faster response, as people will help as soon as they can, not sooner. It also causes unnecessary spam. // ~{MS}~ Azon

366 (edited by teet 2010-04-17 09:14:33)

If you are tired of smartasses who use absolutely black skin, which 1) is impossible to get using through standard settings 2) makes them nearly invisible on maps with black background,
here's quick and dirty modification that sets skin of every tee to skin, to skin from CTF, so everyone is visible:

change
void GAMECLIENT::CLIENT_DATA::update_render_info() function in  /teeworlds-0.5.2-src/src/game/client/gameclient.cpp to

void GAMECLIENT::CLIENT_DATA::update_render_info()
{
    const int team_colors[2] = {65387, 10223467};
    render_info = skin_info;
    render_info.texture = gameclient.skins->get(skin_id)->color_texture;
    render_info.color_body = gameclient.skins->get_color(team_colors[team&1]);
    render_info.color_feet = gameclient.skins->get_color(team_colors[team&1]);

// force team colors
    if(gameclient.snap.gameobj && gameclient.snap.gameobj->flags&GAMEFLAG_TEAMS)
    {
        if(team >= 0 || team <= 1)
        {
            render_info.texture = gameclient.skins->get(skin_id)->color_texture;
            render_info.color_body = gameclient.skins->get_color(team_colors[team]);
            render_info.color_feet = gameclient.skins->get_color(team_colors[team]);
        }
    }       
}

and recompile.

thx for effort but its absolutely pointless xD
Your modification is a client modification and wont hinder other players from using it wink

If it would be a problem u can just set the player color server sided (its only one line xD) but since u can see the name above the player and there is no map with black background its not really a problem

*gV* rox ^^

I do not agree, those black tees are really disturbing. They feel this is "cool" because not everybody knows how to do it  but to me it's the same problem as the rainbow's one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

ok if its so annoying for some ppl... i just fixed it for lvlx ^^

simple fix:

void CPlayer::Snap(int SnappingClient)
{
    CNetObj_ClientInfo *ClientInfo = static_cast<CNetObj_ClientInfo *>(Server()->SnapNewItem(NETOBJTYPE_CLIENTINFO, m_ClientID, sizeof(CNetObj_ClientInfo)));
    StrToInts(&ClientInfo->m_Name0, 6, Server()->ClientName(m_ClientID));
    StrToInts(&ClientInfo->m_Skin0, 6, m_TeeInfos.m_SkinName);
    if(m_TeeInfos.m_ColorBody > 16777215 || m_TeeInfos.m_ColorFeet > 16777215)
        ClientInfo->m_UseCustomColor = 0;
    else
        ClientInfo->m_UseCustomColor = m_TeeInfos.m_UseCustomColor;
    ClientInfo->m_ColorBody = m_TeeInfos.m_ColorBody;
    ClientInfo->m_ColorFeet = m_TeeInfos.m_ColorFeet;

i just turn the custom color off when the color is bigger then the highest value reachable in settings

*gV* rox ^^

why u don' set the value to 16777215 if it is higher then this? so the player could keep the custom-color, but wouldn't annoy with his black color

well it doesnt matter... its not the color he wants anyways so idc wink
and its more annoying for the guy trying to be black ^^

*gV* rox ^^

Help! My account got banned by unknown reason -_-
I was just rampaging around with shotgun, then I looked, thath I can't shoot and suddely my name was [Caught Cheater]. But I didin't cheat!!! Can someone please fix this bug....
My account name was mikael961. Full str, level 73, specialed on shotgun. Can someone recover it?

Thanks in advance.

can you contact the devs of this mod directly per forum-pm? so this thread would be more related to important things, not to (maybe) cheaters, as the community doesn't care about this things tongue

Zeratul wrote:

can you contact the devs of this mod directly per forum-pm? so this thread would be more related to important things, not to (maybe) cheaters, as the community doesn't care about this things tongue

Everyone should care about mik smile
He's awesome and you can't tell things like that about him..... Maybe you can...

privet

The aDM server is full all the time. What about a second one?