Re: [INFO] All about Bots

What you need to understand is that ZBots are bots on the server.
They are bound to the server, and it is impossible to go on huh with it - by example.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

52 (edited by buffer[] 2009-11-27 16:49:17)

Yeah.
'Bots for training'.
I actually have on mod where a tee spawns and kill you if you don't get it first,
that's for training, there is no secret...
Anyway, if you're insterested in IA coding, play IA games, or do a bots contest (servers bots, I'd like to do it).

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

A really good explanation.
i think that you could write which bots are client based bot and which bots are extern bots, because extern bots make your ping really high and intern (client) bots dont make your  ping high.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

'buffer[ wrote:

Anyway, if you're insterested in IA coding, play IA games, or do a bots contest (servers bots, I'd like to do it).

what exacly do u mean by that?

This means buffer would accept if you challenge him in AI = Artificial Intelligence (buffer wrote it in french) games.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

56 (edited by Lure 2011-01-17 23:10:34)

Are there known serverside bots that use the [bot] tag (vanilla server that runs some additional clients for this purpose or something)? I've played vanilla CTF against many of those [bot]'s, always with the same set of names... but they didn't feel like there's "a human in there" at all and most of the time there were a total of 3-5 of them there at once.

Most of these ones players are cheaters running a client-sided aimbot (automatically fires with rifle to ennemies), but now lot of people are putting this tag in front of their name, just because they feel like that's cool to be considered as a cheater...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Mmmmh... so no sightings of "real bots" / ai with this tag yet at all? That's strange... I tried again, this time more systematically, and couldn't find any sign of standard human behavior. Looks like bot movement & bot "tactics" too, not just bot aiming. No getting angry and no insults in chat either, they just keep playing no matter how other ppl "express their feelings about bots".

bot's don't wanna hurt your feelings, just wanna win.

60 (edited by [...(-.-)...] Nierok 2011-02-24 22:22:43)

You should add the Wallshot bot from Buble. For people who don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttr7dV9Sb30
It is not released.

Hello.

I play on a lot of different servers. I have been playing for a couple years and I am really good. People call me bot all the time and I do not bot. Botting is cheating. It is an insult to real players who have worked hard to get good at TW. One of the biggest problems I have is people calling me a bot. I play on servers where I have good ping, and my reactions are really fast. It is not hard to anticipate where a player is going. Just because a person has a higher score than everyone else does not make them a bot. Just because someone can change direction of their weapon towards another player does not make them a bot. People claim "you instantly locked to me at a perfect angle" These are not reasons to call someone a bot. The only real ways to detect a bot are:

If they shoot you from off screen. You cannot see how they shot at you. Be careful with this though, some people have that scrolling cam on so they can see a little bit further.

If they shoot and hook you. Again, be careful. A bot will only hook and shoot you, where as a strategy used is to hook a player, and spin them around. That is not a bot.

Again, the biggest problem I have with players is they assume anyone better than them is a bot. They say they've studied bots and bot movements. That is a lie. That is their excuses to discredit anyone. They are the ones to be discredited.

To be claimed to be a bot is kinda a honor for me, it shows me how good i am (:
the only problem is when they try to kick you.

However, i think only really good players are able to "detect" bots, as they know how a "non-bot good player" looks like. There isnt any "formular" how to detect a bot.

The only way to say if it is a bot or not is to find out if he is in a good clan. F.e. i doubt any1 of ...ITC, gV, whatever will use a bot.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

The only way to say if it is a bot or not is to find out if he is in a good clan. F.e. i doubt any1 of ...ITC, gV, whatever will use a bot.

Clans are for noobs

You Make Me Wanna Get Clan and bot tongue

Italic text

Slayer wrote:

To be claimed to be a bot is kinda a honor for me, it shows me how good i am (:
the only problem is when they try to kick you

Me too xDD

Full Face Tee wrote:

Clans are for noobs

Period.Amen.Peace. wink

btw: Only NOOBS use AIMBOT!!! Cuz pro's and average players rely on their skill,they don't need the aimbot shit....

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

btw: Only NOOBS use AIMBOT!!! Cuz pro's and average players rely on their skill,they don't need the aimbot shit....

Sadly that's not true anymore. Currently more and more people in the pro scene start using bots. I know it's very sad, but it's just a matter of fact. Hopefully 0.6 will help in reducing the number of bots, because the old bots won't work anymore.

The bots won't work???? YES big_smile

Once in a century...

Playing against people with bots are so annoying sad ..especially if you're not that good (like me). neutral I seriously been on a server with (2, IIRC) Tees talking about what bot some Tee was using hmm , they were talking about Spinbots.. I personally found that very, very weird. I pretty much I only saw one Tee spinning ridiculously fast, and since they're talking about Spinbots, it was easy to kick him out. I personally did not know anything about Spinbots either until they were talking about it. hmm Can't really remember a lot since it happened like...late last year.

What I don't get really is that I get kicked out for being a botter when I'm not. I never used a bot. I'm not that good, and I don't spin really fast like pros either. Dunno what is causing this. My ping is usually 300 - 500 on a non-USA server (I know, it's a horrible ping), and I'm not sure if that's the cause. This already happened to me 3 times IIRC. Sometimes I try rejoining the server I got kicked out of and just get kicked out again. This never happened in 0.6.0 yet. It all happened in 5.2..

I'm so anti-bot right now. mad mad mad

Deleted all posts concerning the banned client.

4 things:
1: when u use bots, it runs the purpose of the game. botters do not experience the fun of tw but sit around letting a robotic substitute take over the simple run and shoot fun. that is not cool for other people too.
2: Seriosly TW has a very few number of people currently playing. Bots will irritate and discourage people to play and therefore could cause people to quit and make TW "dead"
3: bots are annoying. i am heavily against botters and many people are too.
4: its probably ok to have 1 "ok" bot to liven a game up or "watch" the game. there should not be 10.
BTW: Qwerty u should delete ur bots, it is ruining the fun for millions of people if u don't realize it.:mad:

PS: i'm 11 years old=)
HAVE NO MERCY FOR BOTTERS!!!

Teetee17 wrote:

4 things:
1: when u use bots, it runs the purpose of the game. botters do not experience the fun of tw but sit around letting a robotic substitute take over the simple run and shoot fun. that is not cool for other people too.
2: Seriosly TW has a very few number of people currently playing. Bots will irritate and discourage people to play and therefore could cause people to quit and make TW "dead"
3: bots are annoying. i am heavily against botters and many people are too.
4: its probably ok to have 1 "ok" bot to liven a game up or "watch" the game. there should not be 10.
BTW: Qwerty u should delete ur bots, it is ruining the fun for millions of people if u don't realize it.:mad:

PS: i'm 11 years old=)
HAVE NO MERCY FOR BOTTERS!!!

Agreed completely. BTW I'm 11 too!

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Teetee17 wrote:

it is ruining the fun for millions of people if u don't realize it.:mad: !

You're in the wrong forum

yemDX wrote:

I'm 11 too!

Ahh... I forgive you for all your idiot trolls cool

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte