Re: How to correctly detect an aimbot

Azon wrote:

What a basic (aim)bot CAN'T do:
- Use the bounce of the laser

I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to program.

WASD wrote:
Azon wrote:

What a basic (aim)bot CAN'T do:
- Use the bounce of the laser

I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to program.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a bot to predict the future, since a bounceshot takes about 1 second before reaching the end of it.

- Proud member of Inspire!
  - I make my own gfx :>
    - Developing a zombiemap that's gon' b huuuge!

Renekton wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a bot to predict the future, since a bounceshot takes about 1 second before reaching the end of it.

There's indeed some delay on the bounce of the laser, but an algorithm can predict fairly well where you will be in 0.2s. Still, there are none or very few existing bots using this, so yes, it's very probably luck :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

54 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-05-20 11:49:07)

No, it isnt more difficult than pathfinding. You just have to find a path from the tee to the enemy, where the bounce of the laser is deterministic, so that you just have to find out one angle.

Let's not discuss methods to program aimbots here. // heinrich5991

Renekton wrote:

Teeworlds (as every other playable real time multiplayer game over internet) does this ALL the time! It is called prediction and you can turn it on / off with cl_predict 0/1. This is necessary to make everything smooth and to cover the lag between you and the server. Just test how teeworlds feels without it.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

TeePhoenix wrote:

No, it isnt more difficult than pathfinding. You just have to find a path from the tee to the enemy, where the bounce of the laser is deterministic, so that you just have to find out one angle.

You're still forgetting the laser bounce delay. The problem is not determinist at all :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

The bounce delay isnt the problem, the problem is that you cant predict 100% correct where the enemy will be in the time the bounce needs, but this problem exists nearly everywhere in teeworlds. But it still doesnt matter, the algorithm itself is deterministic, just the result isnt deterministic, also the hit rate can be MUCH higher than from a human.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

TeePhoenix wrote:

The bounce delay isnt the problem, the problem is that you cant predict 100% correct where the enemy will be

bounce delay problem = not 100% predictable where the enemy will be
tongue
Just get the speed and direction, it wouldn't be perfect but especially in low-level matches it could get quite good enough

TeePhoenix wrote:

But it still doesnt matter, the algorithm itself is deterministic, just the result isnt deterministic

Dafuq?

TeePhoenix wrote:

The bounce delay isnt the problem, the problem is that you cant predict 100% correct where the enemy will be in the time the bounce needs

Well, it's quite the same?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Topic went offtopic, closed. Report this post if you want this reopened.