Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

The mouse wheel doesn't work if't is set to select a specific weapon like the hammer or the pistol, but works perfectly when it is used to select the next or previous weapon.

mouse: Logitech MX512

allready known...

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

No idea if this has already been reported, I tried searching it but nothing came up.

When loading a large map (run_face is a good example), if your computer takes too long to load it (10 seconds) you'll be kicked for bad connection.

Also, this is extremely minor, but when you press T/Y in spectator mode to chat, and then you move your mouse around, the client won't detect anything around the area where you first started chatting. It's like you're stuck.

Sorry if these have already been reported, I really don't want to go through 300 posts to find something this small.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

if a map is that large that you need over 10 seconds to open this one the map is bad

Zeratul wrote:

if a map is that large that you need over 10 seconds to open this one the map is bad

Yeah, but it takes longer for me to connect. I usually get this problem when maps are around 750 kb

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

Sorry if these have already been reported, I really don't want to go through 300 posts to find something this small.

go through the active tickets in the roadmap to proof if a bug is allready mentioned.... if there isnt a tickets its worth to post the bug again... at least for me wink

and well i guess your bug wasnt reported smile

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

yemDX wrote:

When loading a large map (run_face is a good example), if your computer takes too long to load it (10 seconds) you'll be kicked for bad connection.

It is easy to change it in source manually and getting your own executable.

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Hi guys, i have a small but very annoying problem sad.

When I start TW at first everything is cool, but when i decide to quit not only resolution doesn't  change back to normal, but everything is all messed up and i see only the half-up from my desktop sad.

1.Client Mod - Z-team - Last Version (I have tried with the Orginal TW Client and the problem doesn't disapear)
2. OS - Windows XP (Performance Edition)
3. Intel Pentium - 4
4. RAM - 512 mb
5. Video - 16 mb
6. All Drivers (+ Video) - Up To Date

Yes, my PC looks very weak, but it's very tuff and i have this problem for the first time.

Any help will be gladly appreciated sad \\//

On windows xp i used the mouse wheel scroll to switch weapon, now it doesnt work on windoes seven
I tried two different mouses but neither of them worked.
I tried running unther windws xp sp 3 compatibility but it didnt work.
Please help me or fix the bug.
ATM I'm using a auto it prgram which substitutes the mouse wheel scroll with a keypress when teeworlds window is open
Sry for my bad English
TY for the efforts and for the great game

bugmenot wrote:

On windows xp i used the mouse wheel scroll to switch weapon, now it doesnt work on windoes seven
I tried two different mouses but neither of them worked.
I tried running unther windws xp sp 3 compatibility but it didnt work.
Please help me or fix the bug.
ATM I'm using a auto it prgram which substitutes the mouse wheel scroll with a keypress when teeworlds window is open
Sry for my bad English
TY for the efforts and for the great game

Why do you even use the scroll in TW??? Q and E are much better and faster (and u can shoot and hook at the same time) for switching weapons... try it yourself smile

311 (edited by HipHopBlond 2009-12-20 05:58:21)

Siidefiin wrote:

When I close Teeworlds after playing a bit, my desktop is only half it's normal size.
Means, there is a big, black stripe below the task bar.
But if I make a screenshot, and look at it after restarting, everything looks normal.
What could this be?
(sorry for bad english)

I use version 0.5.1 and XP Professional

I am experiencing the same problem, please help!

(my post with more explanation 'bout it is 3 posts up)

Please do not "bump" topics unless you have new information to add. // ~{MS}~  Azon

312 (edited by Bee 2009-12-20 18:08:45)

Never use CaptainCaps Lock and his buddies exclamation points to the rescue when... at any time pretty much.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Never us CaptainCaps Lock and his buddies exclamation points to the rescue when... at any time pretty much.

Sorry but I'm so desperate, and you really don't know how hard it is to get things back to normal when everything is all messed up and you see only the half of your screen every time you quit TW ;(
+ This is the only game I play and at least i want to play it right!

314 (edited by Bee 2010-01-04 01:02:10)

Fix hook sound so it doesn't go before you hook and fix problem when someone hooks you in demo.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

When I choose server from server list (its ip is now in the Host text input), and then open console and type connect <any ip>, game connects to server chosen from the server list.

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

if I hit someone and kill them with the grenade launcher, the animation for the blast doesn't allways show.

Non-Teeworlds related link removed. Please do not post this again. // ~{MS}~ Azon

andre wrote:

if I hit someone and kill them with the grenade launcher, the animation for the blast doesn't allways show.

i have the same problem only its with everything and occationally

my skins
nameless tee: "now thats one foxy hooker!"
Corvon :"i'm flattered : D"

andre wrote:

That never happens for me. What version do you have and what type of computer? o_0

windows and i can run this game on max

my skins
nameless tee: "now thats one foxy hooker!"
Corvon :"i'm flattered : D"

320 (edited by Bee 2010-01-13 18:46:14)

I was actually talking to andre, but okay.
Whenever you have a lot of spectators, their names go beyond the little gray box at the bottom. I'm pretty sure that's a bug, right? :\

321 (edited by Scorpyn 2010-01-27 01:08:22)

I was just  playing a dm game. My score was -1 and everybody else had just left the server.

The game entered sudden death mode.

I tried to kill myself, but it was still in sudden death mode.

(This was on my own server, so there is a chance I could have made some error in the config...)

Update : Tested again on another map that I'd already played before (ie I know that switching from that map worked last time) with the same result. Gametype DM, alone, score -1, Sudden Death. Reconnecting to the server can be used as a workaround to switch to next map.

Just a little bug in the map editor:

To change the color in a corner of a quad the red point must be clicked with the left mouse button first. For example: After changing the color of the top left corner the right bottom corner doesn't go active if I try to select him with the right mouse button.

323 (edited by [Krypton] Sky 2010-03-03 21:07:16)

Hey guys,

I found a bug while watching my demos. A player had an endless hook, but how?
This bug should be fixed.

Here a vid to show it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCU0oq4j8Sg

Could be a bug only in the hud_mod client, but I don't think so.

Sky

Idk why it happens, but it happens when a player hooks another tee in the demo.

this bug is known since 0.5.0 was released

*gV* rox ^^