Topic: Detecting or kick player with high ping

Can anyone teach me how to automatic detect/kick player with certain high ping from host(for LAN game) ?
Currently i'm need to detect and kick high ping player for my academic purpose(im doing research on teeworld source 0.6.1).
If anyone expert on this, please teach me on code. I really need your help.
Thank you.

Re: Detecting or kick player with high ping

Why would you kick players for their high ping?

basically, my academic project is about prevention for lag switch(artificial lag) in game which can lead high ping.
so, i need some code that can detect and kick player with high ping.

4 (edited by nuborn 2016-12-04 18:19:47)

It doesn't sound like this would be relevant to teeworlds. In teeworlds there is no lag compensation, etc, so the player wouldn't gain any advantage by having an artificial ping (or artificially lagging). The game would just continue for the other players as usual. Teeworlds only uses client side prediction to deal with ping.

is there any way that the server can detect high ping player and give warning to the player with high ping.

antoraya0 wrote:

is there any way that the server can detect high ping player and give warning to the player with high ping.

Not sure if this is what you wanted for your purpose, but in src/game/server/player.h (class CPlayer) is a a struct 'm_Latency' containing some values used to calc and store latency of that player.

"Panos."
               -FuroS

antoraya0 wrote:

I am sure that the player know that his ping is bad, so why warn him? And warn for what?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

See how scoreboard shows ping... parhaps helps you to find correct calcs... but not confirmed for official devs.
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 22#p118622