1 (edited by prof-turbo 2015-10-31 16:42:23)

Topic: [ANNOUCEMENT] We need graphical artists for teeworlds

https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds : This is the Github repository of teeworlds, it contains the dev version of teeworlds, and it's there we add future features for the game.

We have a problem : WE NEED ARTISTS !

Some features are ready, but with no textures, that's why we need you (new game features, new mapresses,...)

Let's list what do we need for now :

https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/pull/1414
If you have ideas for that : https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/1349

Also, if you could convert old grass_main reworks with the new one : https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/ … s_main.png

Thanks for reading this smile

IGN = in-game name = the name you have when playing = the name you have when playing this game named teeworlds = the game you have playing this name gamed teeworlds and not the clan = Feeder

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] We need graphical artists for teeworlds

Actually there are a couple of changes in the tilesets as every tilesets will get one height platform tiles. Not only grass!

Red stars can be done ...

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I made some new tilesets in this post a while back.  I updated a lot of the tile sets to make a lot more options. I even started on their auto mappers but have not finished it.  I could work on them a little more if you all are interested.
new tile sets

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Crown

Here is a crown for King of the hill match type. I think it would look cool if who ever king of the hill is would wear this crown. I know that some mods have hats that you can wear and this crown would work like that.  I think hats should be apart of the Tee skin, that is why I made the crown the like skins are made.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

android272 wrote:

Crown

Here is a crown for King of the hill match type. I think it would look cool if who ever king of the hill is would wear this crown. I know that some mods have hats that you can wear and this crown would work like that.  I think hats should be apart of the Tee skin, that is why I made the crown the like skins are made.

I only need the perfect king of the hill map... One big hill and spikes. Spinning blades wouldn't hurt either (actually they would hurt a lot).

android272 : Those tilesets look nice, but the colorized ones are pretty unuseful, aren't they ? You can already colorize tilesets via the map editor.
Also, would you like to try to make that missing red star texture ?

IGN = in-game name = the name you have when playing = the name you have when playing this game named teeworlds = the game you have playing this name gamed teeworlds and not the clan = Feeder

prof-turbo wrote:

android272 : Those tilesets look nice, but the colorized ones are pretty unuseful, aren't they ? You can already colorize tilesets via the map editor.
Also, would you like to try to make that missing red star texture ?

The Colorized ones? what colorized tilesets are you talking about?

I mean I could make the missing red star texture.  I will upload something later.

8 (edited by android272 2015-11-05 15:35:53)

Self Damage stars

Here you go.  I made them to look like the current stars instead of just being red. Download(cc-by-4)

Shared the stars on GitHub.
If you want to try to create some concepts for domination mode objects, go on ! smile

What do you plan to do with that skull head ?

I have no clue what you are even trying to do.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

If you're redoing the tilesets, could you consider publishing the source (svg) files this time, so they cannot be lost again? smile

heinrich5991 wrote:

If you're redoing the tilesets, could you consider publishing the source (svg) files this time, so they cannot be lost again? smile

I'm sorry did I not post the source svgs last time?  If I did it was probably because I was not completely done with them.  I think they have changed a bit since I posted that thread.

heinrich5991 wrote:

All graphics are stored in a dropbox folder which all artists share with each other who contributed since 0.4.0. We redrew all graphics.

Several changes for the tilesets are planned for 0.7.0. It will be compatibility break as we reorganised several tilesets to make space for new tiles.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

android272 wrote:

Self Damage stars

Here you go.  I made them to look like the current stars instead of just being red. Download(cc-by-4)

Teeworlds does not use licensed graphics. So this license is a disqualifying factor to become official. Besides ... I am thinking about removing the gradients of those shapes in general.

Landil wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

All graphics are stored in a dropbox folder which all artists share with each other who contributed since 0.4.0. We redrew all graphics.

Several changes for the tilesets are planned for 0.7.0. It will be compatibility break as we reorganised several tilesets to make space for new tiles.

What kind of changes?

Landil wrote:
android272 wrote:

Self Damage stars

Teeworlds does not use licensed graphics. So this license is a disqualifying factor to become official. Besides ... I am thinking about removing the gradients of those shapes in general.

This is an open source license.  If you want I will take the license away.  I meant it to be public domain.  Doesn't the current game file have gradients?  Are you going to redo the whole thing?

16 (edited by android272 2015-11-21 00:47:44)

Here is a x_zombie skin for the zombie game mode.  You can download the source SVG files here.  There is a download button off to the right of the image.  You will see three folders and an SVG file.  I made a skin for version 0.6, 0.7 and I also made a skin for if the tee looks left.

x_zombie

No license public domain.

I do not think that there is such a gamemode.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

18 (edited by android272 2015-11-21 10:30:16)

xush wrote:

I do not think that there is such a gamemode.

If you read the github post there was mention for a zombie game mode and I think there are some zombie mods.  And so I wanted to make a skin for the devs if they were to implement a zomby game type.